Michael Bradley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bradley isn't too creative. His strengths are are his ability to run for days without getting tired and to plug up the midfield with solid defense...

If we could get him for less than £3M then I would want us to as well as Landon Donovan. Both of them are hard workers which could make the team work harder. Something we missed in the first half of last season. Also with Howard on board as well it would see us have a great promotion in the USA which is the biggest untapped market for football in the world. We could easily change the Man Utd/Chelsea fans into Everton ones if they see 3 International superstars at the club.

He'd have been decent in the Walter Smith days...I'll leave it at that. Only people I'd have from the US side are Tim, Lando, Dempsey and Onyewu, provided he passed a med on his peg.

110% agree on the four. Very clearly a cut above the rest they are.

Bradley, imo, may very well end up being the perfect type of player for us at some point, but that point hasn't come.

Still rate Jozy (think I'm the only 1 here who does!) But he's no yak/saha & possibly not even beckford at moment. I just think the chance to pick up a 20 yr old striker w/ that kind of potential, for 4-7 mil, is worth a shot. B/c by 24-25, if he's where I think he can be, you're looking at a 15mil+ striker. And by then I also believe U.S. market will have grown enormously. And he may very well be the face of the sport over here by then. And, as an advertiser/marketer, I can tell you an enormous reason for the current growth is a direct result of new & emerging media vehicles such as internet, social, etc. So a top striker in world's largest market, w/ increasinly LESS reliance upon pure traditional broadcast advertising (ie-TV). Meaning more creative & less restrictive international marketing opportunities. Again, I'll come back to vision & business acumen. If above statements/theories hold true, there will be MUCH to gain from a successful jozy altidore in any side in 5 years time. Say what you like about our predatory & ruthless capitalist nature, but if there's one thing we're still lightyears ahead of the rest of the world on it's MARKETING. We may be losing our grip on science, good will, invention, & other areas. But we can still sell & promote the sh*t out of anything!!

(hint: if you've ever wondered why U.S. football is so huge while "soccer" can't get any coverage on major sports media outlets...think very simply about the number of opportunities for commercials/adverts. Trust me when I tell you powers that be decided long ago that no commercial breaks for 45 minutes a pop x2 was NEVER going to be supported to the degree needed to compete w/ other major sports.)

But, as I've said before, underestimate the commercial potential of the U.S. market at your peril. There is so much untapped money to be made from the growing beautiful game in this country it's ridiculous. I feel a perfect storm brewing, & some smart clubs are going to recognize & ultimately capitalize.

Oh, & might want to keep your eye on maurice edu as well. Far from ready yet but don't be surprised if he one day turns into something special.

If we could get him for less than £3M then I would want us to as well as Landon Donovan. Both of them are hard workers which could make the team work harder. Something we missed in the first half of last season. Also with Howard on board as well it would see us have a great promotion in the USA which is the biggest untapped market for football in the world. We could easily change the Man Utd/Chelsea fans into Everton ones if they see 3 International superstars at the club.

Hadn't seen this before I posted, but very valid on many levels.

He'd have been decent in the Walter Smith days...I'll leave it at that. Only people I'd have from the US side are Tim, Lando, Dempsey and Onyewu, provided he passed a med on his peg.

Totally agree, I was really impressed with Onyewu looked really good on the night !!!

Tidy but very little else. That said, seemed to give the ball away against Ingerland, but then again, so did everyone else on both sides.

Bradley - to Americans - fits almost too neatly into a stereotype we all know - the hyperaggressive, hyperenthusiastic, psychotically hard working, gym rat, coach's kid. He may not be the most talented player out there, but he will absolutely be the most dedicated to learning, studying the game, working his ass off to push himself to the highest possible potential, live and die for the shirt, give you absolutely everything he has and ask for more.

I know about 4 of these guys, in various sports. Sometimes, his physical gifts won't take him beyond the Sunday pub leagues. In the U.S., in his adulthood, he's probably a coach at the local pay-to-play youth club, a fervent poster on BigSoccer, and has allegiances to clubs in each of the Big 4 leagues.

However, if you couple that approach to life with the physical gifts to play at a high level, you have a man you hate to play against and love to have in your club. Bradley not only has Premiership-level skills as a holding midfielder, he'll play as a hard man. [Poor language removed] with his'n, he'll [Poor language removed] with yours. His temper has gotten away from him a couple times - the Dutch friendly, in particular - but it seems he's gotten that settled down.

That may not be what Everton needs, but I'd rate him Everton-level quality for sure.

He says he wants to play in the prem someday however he had brief falling out with the BM coach for lack of playing time. He'd have trouble getting in the starting lineup for us so not sure its a good match. However even though he's a DM I think he could be decent as a Cahill type midfielder too as he makes smart runs in the box and in the midfield. He'd be ace alongside Murphy at Fulham.

Totally agree, I was really impressed with Onyewu looked really good on the night !!!
3 of 4 chances created by England could happen only because Onyewu was easily taken out of the position, he looks good in aearial batlles, but he is tactically inept.

My gosh - yes, that's what we missed with Arteta and Donovan - hard work. Hard work is the last thing we missed during our misery in first part of the season. We couldn't keep the ball, we didn't have a proper balanced team - it's related to so many things, which actually are not a hard work.

Last edited:
I like Bradley, I think he could could come to the Premier League and make a decent career for himself but I don't see what he'd offer this current Everton side. He always comes across as one of those centre mids who is decent at most things but doesn't really contribute majorly in one area. Neat and tidy without being creative and combative without being a true ball winner etc. He's probably a more disciplined version of Tim Cahill.

I think Rook was spot on, a club like Fulham would be more suited to his needs, he'd fit in nicely alongside Murphy and provide some competition for Etuhu. We just need a little more at present, and in Fellaini we've got a player who is a better version of Bradley in a similar age group.

Bradley - to Americans - fits almost too neatly into a stereotype we all know - the hyperaggressive, hyperenthusiastic, psychotically hard working, gym rat, coach's kid. He may not be the most talented player out there, but he will absolutely be the most dedicated to learning, studying the game, working his ass off to push himself to the highest possible potential, live and die for the shirt, give you absolutely everything he has and ask for more.

I know about 4 of these guys, in various sports. Sometimes, his physical gifts won't take him beyond the Sunday pub leagues. In the U.S., in his adulthood, he's probably a coach at the local pay-to-play youth club, a fervent poster on BigSoccer, and has allegiances to clubs in each of the Big 4 leagues.

However, if you couple that approach to life with the physical gifts to play at a high level, you have a man you hate to play against and love to have in your club. Bradley not only has Premiership-level skills as a holding midfielder, he'll play as a hard man. [Poor language removed] with his'n, he'll [Poor language removed] with yours. His temper has gotten away from him a couple times - the Dutch friendly, in particular - but it seems he's gotten that settled down.

That may not be what Everton needs, but I'd rate him Everton-level quality for sure.

i agree with this and i think its exactly what we need. Bradley is a great player, and I think the passionate types that are hungry to improve are the ones moyes can get the most out of.

still, while holding midfielder was a position we struggled to fill early on after carsley's departure, neville, heitinga, rodwell, and sometimes fellaini can all do a job there. is this really the position we need to reinforce?

I like Bradley, I think he could could come to the Premier League and make a decent career for himself but I don't see what he'd offer this current Everton side. He always comes across as one of those centre mids who is decent at most things but doesn't really contribute majorly in one area. Neat and tidy without being creative and combative without being a true ball winner etc. He's probably a more disciplined version of Tim Cahill.

I think Rook was spot on, a club like Fulham would be more suited to his needs, he'd fit in nicely alongside Murphy and provide some competition for Etuhu. We just need a little more at present, and in Fellaini we've got a player who is a better version of Bradley in a similar age group.

Can't disagree on any of this. My big if would be if/when fellaini leaves, I'd snatch bradley in a heartbeat. We're talking earliest possible this time next year, on through the next 3-4 years. He's only 22 no rush. His time wouldn't be now for Everton, but eventually it could work, & work well imo.

Plus I have a sneaky feeling moyes & his pops (current U.S. coach) have a mutual respect & understanding w/ each other. I know Bob's been out to training sessions while scouting yanks in europe. And we know he's been linked in the past. Hell, that our most important player in landon was allowed to come on loan speaks to something. Remember, MLS & US Soccer are a bit of an interwoven tangled web, filled w/ some fairly blatant cloudy relationships w/ conflicting interests abound. And bob's a company man.

Just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.