Miami Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

efcfanwirral

Player Valuation: £25m
We've booked a holiday to Miami in november, 16th to 29th. So clearly I've sacrificed the derby for this. What I'd like to know is...is there somewhere over there where a lot of blues watch the match? Not just somewhere that shows it, I mean somewhere I can be around fellow blues in a good atmosphere for this most passionate of fixtures?

We travel on the day of the palace game, and back just in time for the stoke game so that is the only one when I'm out there I'm quite disappointed there'll just be the one game actually - I enjoy watching games on holiday!

Umm no....unless you want to hear the music from police Academy when you walk in. Fritz and Franz in Coral Gables isn't bad, but probably won't run into any Everton fans there.

efcfanwirral, hopefully you use the google to check out those suggestions before you make plans to take the wife a kids...

Just to help out...I have actually been to a "soccer" bar in south beach and watched world cup...I think it was finnigan's or something like that...It was alright. Your chances of finding fellow blues is fairly small, though.

I know derby day is still during American college football season, so do you best to find a soccer specific bar. I do love south beach...my significant other is Cuban and has family in the area. Ropa Vieja with fried plantains on the side...Mmmm

I know derby day is still during American college football season, so do you best to find a soccer specific bar. I do love south beach...my significant other is Cuban and has family in the area. Ropa Vieja with fried plantains on the side...Mmmm

nah, gotta remember that depending on the time it starts the derby would most likley be well over by then.

nah, gotta remember that depending on the time it starts the derby would most likley be well over by then.

That's it - it'll be like 7-8am when it's on, so figured a) not all bars will be open and b) there must be places that open specially for it

Several groups (led chiefly by American Outlaws) try to map soccer bars in the US. This collection isn't complete, but here is a start: http://wrongsideofthepond.com/wsotp-soccer-pub-atlas/

Unfortunately it only shows three sites near Miami, but I imagine each of these will have a good atmosphere relative to what you'll find elsewhere in the States. You can obviously do worse than these.

And these appear to serve traditional drinks, if you're not into the fruit cocktails.

Status
Not open for further replies.