Memorabilia identification

Lineker

Player Valuation: £2.5m
Apologies if I am beginning a superfluous thread...merge or move as necessary.

A slovakian friend of mine in california presented the below item to my son. He said it was amongst a large set that he kept for himself of various items that was given to him. He is an AC Milan supporter himself.

Can anyone identify if it is legitimate and from when?

Going to hang it on the wall, jarg or not, but still curious.

Attachments

• 20240306_205714.jpg
    20240306_205714.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • 20240306_205643.jpg
    20240306_205643.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
Apologies if I am beginning a superfluous thread...merge or move as necessary.

A slovakian friend of mine in california presented the below item to my son. He said it was amongst a large set that he kept for himself of various items that was given to him. He is an AC Milan supporter himself.

Can anyone identify if it is legitimate and from when?

Going to hang it on the wall, jarg or not, but still curious.
Could be to do with this?

Many thanks. I'd been googling off and on for a few days with no success. Crest seems off, though
i've found a more up to date EFC statistics site, going off this I reckon we must have played in a pre season tournament over there alongside Sparta, Hertha Berlin and Royal Antwerp given how close together the games are? I'm guessing they must have made some unofficial (given how our crest looks) commemorative pennants for spectators to buy?

As an aside, results wise, what a crap pre season that was!

i've found a more up to date EFC statistics site, going off this I reckon we must have played in a pre season tournament over there alongside Sparta, Hertha Berlin and Royal Antwerp given how close together the games are? I'm guessing they must have made some unofficial (given how our crest looks) commemorative pennants for spectators to buy?

Better than the pre-season matches we arrange today. Geesh we've fallen a long, long way.

Better than the pre-season matches we arrange today. Geesh we've fallen a long, long way.
Yes, a pre season tournament in Prague would be a fantastic trip to go on. Back in those days of course it was behind the "iron curtain". I know pre season results don't really matter but it was a terrible start to what would end up being a horrible season. I was only a kid at the time, but I do remember going to the last friendly on that list,the home game with Roda. I think they had a couple of dutch internationals and they ran rings round us.

Last edited:

There are also Hertha Berlin and VFB Stuttgart pennants with the Sparta on the rear from round the 1970s, so I would guess that they're all quite similar. Most likely from the same tournament. There are a few of them for sale though at around £12.99 though, so can't say whether they're match used or simply game bought memorabilia.