Transfer Rumour McGeady Completes Loan Move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where has this come from?

We end up with Deulofeu and they move for McGeady?
Guardian

Sevilla have made a surprise move for Aiden McGeady, with the Everton outcast considering the implications for his European Championship prospects before Monday’s transfer deadline.

The Republic of Ireland international has received loan offers from Leeds United, Blackburn Rovers and Sheffield Wednesday but is reluctant to drop into the Championship. Celtic were also keen on their former winger but were deterred by Everton’s demand that McGeady’s wages be paid in full by the loan club. Initial interest from West Bromwich Albion did not develop into an approach.

The reigning Europa League holders, Sevilla, however, are willing to meet Everton’s loan conditions and have offered the 29-year-old the chance to revive his career in La Liga. McGeady played for the Sevilla coach, Unai Emery, for a brief time at Spartak Moscow in 2012 and that link is behind the invitation.

McGeady has made only one appearance for Everton this season and that ended in his half-time substitution at Barnsley in the Capital One Cup second round. However, the midfielder, under contract until 2018, remains part of Martin O’Neill’s plans with Ireland and must decide whether stronger competition for a place at Sevilla outweighs a move to the Championship, with Euro 2016 on the horizon.

Everton sold Steven Naismith to Norwich City for £8.5m this month and Roberto Martínez would also allow Darron Gibson to leave on loan, although the Ireland midfielder is expected to be involved in Sunday’s FA Cup fourth-round tie at Carlisle United. Should McGeady and Gibson follow Naismith out of Everton, their manager admits there is no guarantee of new arrivals before the deadline.

Martínez said: “I wouldn’t say we need to add just for the sake of it. In the window you always keep an eye on any of the players we have identified for a long, long time in the knowledge they could come in and help us. That is different. I don’t feel there is something we need to find elsewhere or outside. It is inside that we need to get our team to perform in a very positive manner and get one or two good results and that could change our mindset completely.”

Martínez heads to Carlisle amid growing criticism from Everton fans over a sorry run of one win in 10 league games, coupled with the disappointment of Wednesday’s Capital One Cup semi-final exit at Manchester City.

Asked whether he felt under added pressure, the manager said: “I’ll always put myself under pressure because that’s the only way I can see myself working. This is my 10th season in management and the pressure for me is exactly the same from day one at Swansea to here now.

“The type of pressure may be different but, in all honesty, I feel we have got the tools to become successful here. The biggest problem you have as a manager is when you don’t have the tools to achieve your aim. I feel very proud of this team – and this team hasn’t arrived by accident or someone has brought it to the table. We have worked really hard to put this team together. Some young players have been given an opportunity, a role and direction, other players have been brought in specifically to fit.”

Is someone playing games here?

Potential moves for AIDS and Coward in the same window?

I'm not sure I'll be able to handle the disappointment when they both start a game in the next few months thinking they are leaving!

Is someone playing games here?

Potential moves for AIDS and Coward in the same window?

I'm not sure I'll be able to handle the disappointment when they both start a game in the next few months thinking they are leaving!
even if the Tim rumors are true he'd still finish the season here

Where does this "he has talent" malarkey come from? The only talent I've ever seen is the ability to do a few step overs before cheaply losing possession. The only stand out things I can remember him doing whilst he's been here was that well-taken goal against Leicester and 1 or 2 decent crosses for Lukaku. Nothing else.

Nothing else.

I suppose you don't watch many games eg. WHU and Newcastle away games last seaon when he was involved in goals.
And the Ireland v England game over the summer.

I agree that mcGready's stay has dissapointed but he has been injured for long periods and now has fallen into disfavour but he is a tricky winger who can produce the odd bit of magic. I hope he can pull it off in Sevilla after all he is contracted to EFC until 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.