Transfer Rumour Maxwell Cornet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cornet's a good player, btw, and has a cheap release clause. Would definitely help us replace the void left by Richarlison - has pace, bags of it, and can finish (albeit he's pretty inconsistent).

He'd probably be a better signing than Dennis for that role.

Is he better than Gray??
Think he adds more defensively. Reading up on him he appears to put a shift in at times. I remember when we played them away from home he was tracking back and working hard. He’s not going to take us to another level but if it’s between him and Dennis I’d probably want this lad.

Gibbs-White has played on the wing a lot, probably as much as Cornet played as a centre forward last season.
Yeah but not the left wing.

My mate who supports Sheff Utd said MGW played his best for them as a second striker able to drop in and then run in behind, which would go with what he was before at Wolves and Swansea when he played in more of a 10(ish) type role off the strikers.

Cornet only ever played as a CF at Burnley and that was in a 442 so one of a pair. He's much more of a wide player and even played LWB at Lyon.

Tbh I think we need two attacking players so would hope we were in for both players - at the right price - and then one other midfielder of a more defensive mindset.

Slightly confused why, if we have £17m for an attacker, we didn't up our game for KLP.
Cause spending £17m on a young attacker from the Championship is less risky than spending it on a player who did well in the PL for a year and has played in the CL, Ligue 1 etc?

Also might be due to downpayments etc. If Bobble was to be believed about a month back, he said the initial offer we put in for KLP was very low down payment wise. Maybe Burnley are in a position where they need to accept a low fee up front and Hull weren't?

Status
Not open for further replies.