Transfer Rumour Maximillian James Aarons

Status
Not open for further replies.
@PurpleCanary

A few people have mentioned Aarons being mates with Godfrey (I think theyve exchanged messages on twitter?)...are they 'best' mates as others have said on here do you know?

I imagine that sways his decision if we are indeed in for him...

Also, thoughts on how Buendia and Aarons link up together ? We need a right side so never know if we try for both...

Finally, in Norwich city centre area, which would you say is the best place to live? By the river in the newish-apartments or around the main square? Or is there a walkable nice housing development close to the city centre?
They may be friends but I think players make very cold-blooded decisions about which club to move to, and my suspicion still is that Aarons will go abroad. Afraid I haven't lived in Norfolk for 50 years so not the best to give advice on property. I think there are some flats by the river right by Carrow Road, for easy access to the ground!

Lewis is probably on the cusp of being good enough for the Premier League, but the other three make it, as does KruL, and perhaps Pukki.. He scored a goal every other game until he got injured. But as for thinking the whole team from last season are good enough, I suspect most Norwich City fans would say Zimmermann, Vrancic, Hernandez, Trybull, Tettey and Stiepermaan were not.
I assume you forgot Buendia who is at worst an average PL player. So that means 6 of the 7 most used players and Lewis who was 9th most used are all at a good enough level despite the team finishing easily last. I appreciate that most of them are young enough to improve but I just doubt that we're going to see all of them at the top of the PL.

I'm also curious what you think of Farke? Is he a problem?

I assume you forgot Buendia who is at worst an average PL player. So that means 6 of the 7 most used players and Lewis who was 9th most used are all at a good enough level despite the team finishing easily last. I appreciate that most of them are young enough to improve but I just doubt that we're going to see all of them at the top of the PL.

I'm also curious what you think of Farke? Is he a problem?
Like all coaches Farke has his weak points, but they are outweighed by the virtues. And he decided Godfrey should switch from being a defensive midfielder to centre-back...

Like all coaches Farke has his weak points, but they are outweighed by the virtues. And he decided Godfrey should switch from being a defensive midfielder to centre-back...
That wasn't a hard decision I don't think, technically Godfrey is nowhere near a PL midfielder.

Thanks for the invite.

Is Aarons worth the transfer fee of around 30 million plus being reported? Probably not, but if an auction develops, who knows?

He is improving, no doubt helped by plenty of game time right now. Possibly too much game time...last night was his 32nd league game of the season and he has played virtually every minute of those games.

I suppose such players will show further improvement when they play in better teams and you may think that is what is happening with Godfrey. There are plenty of decent young players around in the Championship who would be worthy additions to a Premier League squad.

In today’s transfer market, you guys have ‘stolen’ Godfrey at 20-25 million. In my opinion, Newcastle overpaid for Jamal Lewis at 15 million. I would rank Aarons somewhere in between but rebasing Godfrey‘s figure higher and Lewis’s lower.

So probably no more than 20?

P.S - Personally, since I have seen him mentioned on here, I wouldn’t value Cantwell any higher than Lewis.
Happiest birthday today stay safe plus legs hope you can celebrate a blues win tonight ;)

Watched the game last night. He was quiet but it definitely seemed by design. Norwich as a whole put in a very disciplined performance, the full backs particularly looked to have instructions to contain and leave no space. Was a good, if quiet, contained performance from him (and Norwich in general)

I think he would choose 150k a week with United over 50-70k a week with us

We'll pay competitive wages for the right players, though Rodriguez more or less caps what we can pay. It's the fee that will likely be the issue. We cannot compete with United on fees in a bidding war.

Bayern can, but generally doesn't because there's no shortage of quality players that will force a move there. United, like Real and PSG, has to pay because every agent knows they have it.

I think he would choose 150k a week with United over 50-70k a week with us
They have Wan-Bissaka as their first choice RB for at least the next 5 years. I really don’t see United being in for him at the quoted prices. But this is United so the f knows. I honestly think he’d pick us regardless, if we clutch a European spot especially. We just offer more guaranteed playing time which is paramount for younger players

They have Wan-Bissaka as their first choice RB for at least the next 5 years. I really don’t see United being in for him at the quoted prices. But this is United so the f knows. I honestly think he’d pick us regardless, if we clutch a European spot especially. We just offer more guaranteed playing time which is paramount for younger players
I agree with all that
But how many times have we seen young players going to big clubs and disappear
They seem to believe they are better than they are
That Ryan S ( I ain’t going to attempt to spell his name for fear of what auto correct will do ) that went to Spurs was the next big thing , now he is vanished
He probably had other options that guaranteed him more game time but chose Spurs
Aaron’s could be the same

Norwich can be our new Watford. Good feeder club tbf.

Direct train up to Lime Street as well. Nice and easy.

#announceMax

I agree with all that
But how many times have we seen young players going to big clubs and disappear
They seem to believe they are better than they are
That Ryan S ( I ain’t going to attempt to spell his name for fear of what auto correct will do ) that went to Spurs was the next big thing , now he is vanished
He probably had other options that guaranteed him more game time but chose Spurs
Aaron’s could be the same
Nope you’re completely right, hence why I say who knows because IF United are serious in their interest you can never say for sure what will happen. They’re still the biggest club in the world (somehow). I’d like to think he’s got enough sense and there are enough examples (that Spurs lad is a great example) to ward a young player away from United and the likes. Norwich seem to want the best for their departing players and with Godfrey doing so well here and even Lewis doing ok at Newcastle respectively, I’m sticking with my presumption of we’d be more attractive on the whole. From the few tweets that Fab has put out it suggests we want to get it wrapped up quickly to avoid a saga...

Nope you’re completely right, hence why I say who knows because IF United are serious in their interest you can never say for sure what will happen. They’re still the biggest club in the world (somehow). I’d like to think he’s got enough sense and there are enough examples (that Spurs lad is a great example) to ward a young player away from United and the likes. Norwich seem to want the best for their departing players and with Godfrey doing so well here and even Lewis doing ok at Newcastle respectively, I’m sticking with my presumption of we’d be more attractive on the whole. From the few tweets that Fab has put out it suggests we want to get it wrapped up quickly to avoid a saga...

Couldn't agree more to be perfectly honest.

I think OGS realised quickly at United, that he doesn't have the patience of the fanbase to be blooding youngsters, with players like Daniel James and Brandon Williams moving to periphery roles, and more experienced heads like Cavani featuring more prominently.

If i was Aarons i'd be looking at that, and thinking about the level of development he'd get, especially with Wan-Bissaka on the scene.

I think there are very few success stories of players moving to the biggest clubs and succeeding from domestic sides, I'm sure someone will correct me here, but outside of Aaron Wan Bissaka, what youngster has made a move to a big club recently and been a success story? Some more prominent names like Robertson, Maguire have stepped up, but none of the youth certainly.

I still think the signing of Godfrey, and how well he's kicked on, will be a huge factor in whether he comes to us, and the opportunity to be managed by one of the greatest managers of this century, whilst getting regular game time.

If you remember last year, we had Gabriel tied up, but rightly changed play based on COVID happening, I'd imagine, if we're interested, we'll be in regular dialogue with Norwich.

I'd like to think clubs like Norwich would persuade a player to go to a certain club, especially if transfer fees are layered with instalments for appearances etc. So if he came here and was likely to start every game, Norwich get their instalment sooner (or at all).
Although we know it's down to the agent and no one else.

Status
Not open for further replies.