Transfer Rumour Maximillian James Aarons

Status
Not open for further replies.
….I think Aarons is a big risk at £30m. I’m sure there’s much better value out there, it’s up to Brands to find it.
I see you're point but he's quite experienced and add the homegrown mark-up and I think it's the going rate . Taking all that into account though it makes Godfrey look like a steal . Iwobi , not so much .

I see you're point but he's quite experienced and add the homegrown mark-up and I think it's the going rate . Taking all that into account though it makes Godfrey look like a steal . Iwobi , not so much .

…I also think it’s a lot of money for a RB. I know @Zatara has highlighted how much clubs have paid for their FBs but I’m not overly impressed by those outlays (e.g. Wan Bissaka never made the England squad ahead of James & TAA who cost nothing. City have spent a fortune but Walker remains their most effective FB).

…I also think it’s a lot of money for a RB. I know @Zatara has highlighted how much clubs have paid for their FBs but I’m not overly impressed by those outlays (e.g. Wan Bissaka never made the England squad ahead of James & TAA who cost nothing. City have spent a fortune but Walker remains their most effective FB).
A few years ago I would agree with you but full/wing back hybrids have become all the rage because they are so useful with galloping full backs freeing up wingers who can cut in and make a top one into a top two .
When I was a kid , my idea of a full back was one in a Hibbert mold ( my god think of him now in today's game ) but now to be effective they should be physical specimens who can cross effectively and defend like Full backs of old .

A few years ago I would agree with you but full/wing back hybrids have become all the rage because they are so useful with galloping full backs freeing up wingers who can cut in and make a top one into a top two .
When I was a kid , my idea of a full back was one in a Hibbert mold ( my god think of him now in today's game ) but now to be effective they should be physical specimens who can cross effectively and defend like Full backs of old .

…I 100% agree. I’m not demeaning the importance but the point I’m making is such players are out there at value prices rather than spending £30m on Aarons. I actually prefer Dumfries at half the price.

…I 100% agree. I’m not demeaning the importance but the point I’m making is such players are out there at value prices rather than spending £30m on Aarons. I actually prefer Dumfries at half the price.

If Dumfries is 40% of the player is he worth half the fee?

I'm in full agree there , if we play in a back three as you and others think he may , Dumfries ( supposedly ) lack of defensive prowess won't be the end of the world . He's proven himself in international level and he has a cheap buy out clause. I wouldn't mind either to be fair .

Dumfries gets in the box and has an eye for goal. Aarons never scores. If we can get further up the pitch, Dumfries could be good for us, if we're playing safety first, try and nick a 1-0 like we did under Ancelotti, probably better with Aarons.

Status
Not open for further replies.