• GrandOldTeam do not endorse any ticket transaction made via our website. All transactions are made at your own risk.

All online purchases carry some risk. To help mitigate that risk, we recommend;

• Payment Method. Do not, under any circumstance pay via direct bank transfer. This payment method offers you no protection whatsoever. Once you pay, there no way to reverse the payment and your bank will not refund, or track any money lost. Do your home work on payment methods, understand what, if any protection each offer. As an example, Paypal offers some valuable added protection.

• Where possible meet face to face, ideally at one of Everton's matches and exchange in person.

• If a person attempts to communicate via GOT private messaging, texts or other messaging services rather than through an open forum, please be cautious.

• Use the search function in the thread to see if the poster has offered tickets before, contact via private conversation anyone who appears to have bought from the poster in the past to verify.

• Check the poster's history on this site - has the poster registered here recently or been here a long time? Have other members have a positive exchange in the past with the poster?

• If in any doubt, contact a moderator of GrandOldTeam here.

Match Ticket Thread - Spares/Requests - FACE VALUE OR LESS ONLY!

This has been a concern of mine throughout COVID. Makes sense in the short term, but hope it isn’t here to stay, because going this route effectively locks overseas fans out of grounds. As one of those fans who hopes to one day attend matches again, hopefully this is only temporary.
But there must be some leeway, my mate helps run a supporters club. They have a certain amount of season tickets holders with full credits and dole out the tickets accordingley to who wants a ticket and whats left goes to the remainders in the group who put in for tickets.
They're registered with Everton so its not like its some fly-by-night ticket scam, and like most supporters groups its been an effective way to re-issue tickets without being scammed for people who may just miss out. And when its a wet Wednesday in Stoke or an 8pm mid week middle of winter Newcastle trip or even a dead end of season midweek KO at Sunderland non-glamour game, these are the guys who still take the tickets that no one wants and turn up to support the blues. Its not just about the glory ties after all.

I went to a few games at the Euros, and it was a requirement to have photo ID, and I wasn’t checked, I guess you won’t properly know until Leeds, but surely if you’re able to show fully vaccinated status, they’re not going to be too bothered, are they?

I went to a few games at the Euros, and it was a requirement to have photo ID, and I wasn’t checked, I guess you won’t properly know until Leeds, but surely if you’re able to show fully vaccinated status, they’re not going to be too bothered, are they?
the thing that interests me is,will premier league clubs check vaccination status at the point of sale?
in other words if you havent been vaccinated you wont be going the game anymore!
also the premier league want covid checks as you go in the ground,
crazy stuff!

the thing that interests me is,will premier league clubs check vaccination status at the point of sale?
in other words if you havent been vaccinated you wont be going the game anymore!
also the premier league want covid checks as you go in the ground,
crazy stuff!

Im not sure how they can implement a pre-check either? What, upload an image to suggest you’ve been vaccinated? A club like Man Utd are going to go through 20-25,000 of them before a game are they?

I just don’t understand how they can possibly implement it for away fans to be perfectly honest. For a home fan, with more turnstiles, and a potential “time slot” will get it to be more staggered.

But can you imagine going to Brighton, stuck in a crash and getting to the ground at 2:55, and then stopping and checking 3,000 for ID, and Vaccination status? Every fan will take at least a minute, it would be bedlam, and I think would only be hazardous.

Im not sure how they can implement a pre-check either? What, upload an image to suggest you’ve been vaccinated? A club like Man Utd are going to go through 20-25,000 of them before a game are they?

I just don’t understand how they can possibly implement it for away fans to be perfectly honest. For a home fan, with more turnstiles, and a potential “time slot” will get it to be more staggered.

But can you imagine going to Brighton, stuck in a crash and getting to the ground at 2:55, and then stopping and checking 3,000 for ID, and Vaccination status? Every fan will take at least a minute, it would be bedlam, and I think would only be hazardous.
Unless they are somehow able to integrate vaccine status, ID, and your ticket all into one single QR code you can scan to access the ground, it will end up being worse than airport security. They'll be having to ask people to turn up 5 hours prior to kickoff to check everyone's paperwork, which having people around one another for so long will probably lead to more virus spread than simply just doing things the way they were pre-COVID.

Unless they are somehow able to integrate vaccine status, ID, and your ticket all into one single QR code you can scan to access the ground, it will end up being worse than airport security. They'll be having to ask people to turn up 5 hours prior to kickoff to check everyone's paperwork, which having people around one another for so long will probably lead to more virus spread than simply just doing things the way they were pre-COVID.

I just don't see how it's going to be viable.

As i mentioned previously, I went to a few games in the Euro's where I had to show ID, Negative test and was never asked for the items, I just can't see how somewhere like Leeds (last visit had all sorts of issues getting into the ground, as it's a bottleneck), will be able to form orderly queues, especially if it's getting close to 3pm, to ensure your name matches the name on the ticket and a status.

It will be organised chaos, and having seen some of the appalling conditions some away fans endure, when entering certain stadiums, it's just got disaster written all over it.

Leeds away is in three weeks, there's been no announcement of allocation, or ticket sales, so far, so you're expecting us to sell out the allocation in a couple of days (which could be a week away), Leeds to take 2,800 tickets, print names on them (electronically or physical), and then send them out to be distributed in less than a fortnight, just don't see how it can be effectively implemented for away fans.

Just had a quick look, and we've not even given Southampton an allocation yet. Our home allocation isn't on sale, I feel it's going to be very rushed.

i think you will have to show your proof of vaccination on the nhs app,like when you re enter the uk.
it will be on evertons database and you wont get a ticket home or away if you cant prove it!
your name will be on your ticket and you take one of those free tests before the game upload the result to the nhs app and it generates a bar code which scans at the turnstile.
one things for sure the days of buying away tickets for the credit and selling it on are almost over!

i think you will have to show your proof of vaccination on the nhs app,like when you re enter the uk.
it will be on evertons database and you wont get a ticket home or away if you cant prove it!
your name will be on your ticket and you take one of those free tests before the game upload the result to the nhs app and it generates a bar code which scans at the turnstile.
one things for sure the days of buying away tickets for the credit and selling it on are almost over!

I'm sure there's a way, I'm just not sure how they're implementing ID at away games, and proof of double vaccination.

Call me a cynic, it just feels that organising 3,000 away fans into a stadium, asking for an eTicket, proof of vaccination status and then ID, will just be overdrawn, and I've seen what our fans are like getting into the stadium at 2:55pm.

I'm sure there's a way, I'm just not sure how they're implementing ID at away games, and proof of double vaccination.

Call me a cynic, it just feels that organising 3,000 away fans into a stadium, asking for an eTicket, proof of vaccination status and then ID, will just be overdrawn, and I've seen what our fans are like getting into the stadium at 2:55pm.
i agree with everything you have said,
but playing devils advocate,the clubs will say"if you turn up at 2,55 dont expect to see the first half".
i would imagine your proof of vaccination and ID will be checked when you buy a ticket,it will just be a case of scanning a couple of qr codes at the turnstiles,the tech is already in place.
just waiting for the meltdown now when we get about 500 tickets for leeds ?

How is it that clubs are using COVID as a potential excuse for not allotting tickets for the visiting team? Don’t the Premier League have rules guaranteeing a certain percentage of the ground for them?

How is it that clubs are using COVID as a potential excuse for not allotting tickets for the visiting team? Don’t the Premier League have rules guaranteeing a certain percentage of the ground for them?
one reason is they dont like the £30 tickets,
especially the sky 6,the rs can flog them to gullible tourists for £120,
even everton have made no secret that the admin is a nightmare,which they dont make any money from!

i agree with everything you have said,
but playing devils advocate,the clubs will say"if you turn up at 2,55 dont expect to see the first half".
i would imagine your proof of vaccination and ID will be checked when you buy a ticket,it will just be a case of scanning a couple of qr codes at the turnstiles,the tech is already in place.
just waiting for the meltdown now when we get about 500 tickets for leeds ?

Again, just like you, I agree with what you've said to be perfectly honest.

But away games are slightly different from home games in that there so many different mitigating factors which could impact your arrival time. Motorway closures/crashes/trains faults, so even though you like to get there on time, not always guaranteed. The motorway, and the amount of fans who travel by road, was my main point, if the road clears just allowing everyone to get there just before kick off, you're dealing with fans who've been on a coach/car for hours and just want to get in. Pushing, Shoving etc could easily ensue.

I mean, in regards to the technology, same again, but seems so much faff surely to link the ticket with the ID and the vaccination. Now do this for 40,000 a game, and you've got some poor admin who will be chocker.

Only aways i've seen on sale so far is West Ham away to Newcastle, and Villa away to Watford, and they had a full allocation, so surely Leeds can't screw us over here lol

Last edited: