MATCH THREAD - Fulham vs Everton - Cap One Cup 3rd Round - Tuesday 24th Sept @ 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll win but I don't care in the slightest about this competition, at all, ever. If we go out I'll react with a shrug of the shoulders at best.

With that said, the useless thing is a great chance to bed the youngsters. I'd like to see Stones, Deulfeu, Barkley and maybe Hallam Hope, Lundstram, Grant etc.

Just getting to the final of the COC would buy Martinez a lot of goodwill. He could probably afford a poor second season if he takes us to Wembley this year. He'd be daft to risk it.
Everything is a risk. He could start an unchanged team and lose and then lose again on the weekend. Or we could win tonight and then lose on the weekend. Playing first choice tonight is a risk too.

You know what's a hell of a risk? Playing first choice tonight means we never rotate. It's first choice in every game. You can't say early rounds of the League Cup are more important than many other games so no rotation here means no rotation ever.

Having the same players play every league and Cup game sounds like a hell of a risk too and what message does it send to the players on the bench? Doesn't matter how good you look in training mate ... we won't risk playing you against Fulham in the early stages of the League Cup so you deffo aren't playing in the league.

You don't think it's a risk to demoralize everyone who doesn't currently start by sending that (very Moyes-esque) message?

EDIT: This sounded a bit more confrontational than I intended. Not having a go at you ... just used your post to address everyone who was anti-rotation. Perhaps unfair as it might not be the same people saying both things but seems a bit all over the place: "get a better squad! ... don't use the squad!"

Last edited:
Just heading off to the game now, we have lost or drawn the last 16 everton games I've been to... Pretty bleak statistic.

So apologies for cursing the game in advance lids.

Just heading off to the game now, we have lost or drawn the last 16 everton games I've been to... Pretty bleak statistic.

So apologies for cursing the game in advance lids.

for ****s sake Moosed we're goosed now. To even things out though every time I have used the word goosed I've either got laid or Everton have won. Judging by the missus' demeanour I don't think I'm gonna get laid tonight so an Everton win it is then.

We'll win but I don't care in the slightest about this competition, at all, ever. If we go out I'll react with a shrug of the shoulders at best.

With that said, the useless thing is a great chance to bed the youngsters. I'd like to see Stones, Deulfeu, Barkley and maybe Hallam Hope, Lundstram, Grant etc.

i would love us to win this cup. its the only one of the original domestic treble we don't have. been to and seen a few finals over my long years and the occasions were just as exciting and intense as the f a cup.

Don't think there'll be a whole lot of change in the team today. Hopefully we'll see the likes of Stones, Oviedo and Deulofeu coming in though.

Assuming we can beat these, hopefully we'll face some cabbage like Huddersfield in the next round, so we can see some proper youngsters like Long and Lundstram have a go.

Berbatov has been poo so far this season... watch him grab a hat trick tonight now lol

Nah, in all seriousness, if we put a strong team out we can humiliate these chumps.

When it comes to rotation or full strength its a different question now as to what it was under Moyes : we were just as likely to play gash and crash out of the cup with a full strength side which he pretty much always fielded in cups unless against very weak opposition.

As for now under Martinez, it could go either way so i'd be happy with whatever line up he chooses, there are benefits to either option.

When it comes to rotation or full strength its a different question now as to what it was under Moyes : we were just as likely to play gash and crash out of the cup with a full strength side which he pretty much always fielded in cups unless against very weak opposition.

As for now under Martinez, it could go either way so i'd be happy with whatever line up he chooses, there are benefits to either option.

Agreed - even though its early stages, I sense that the squad are slowly getting used to not only the so called "Martinez style" but doing it with a "trying to win" mentality as well - if he can install this attitude in the whole squad then it won't matter who comes in - he will hopefully be expecting the same high standards as the ones who are already holding down a first team place. Big ask I know - but am quietly optimistic for this game.

Robles
Hibbert Stones Heitinga Oviedo
Naismith McCarthy Gibson Delafeou
Jelavic Kone​

is what i'd go with. I'm presuming alcaraz is still injured right?

Status
Not open for further replies.