MATCH THREAD - Everton V Stevenage - Cap One Cup 2nd Round - Weds 28th August @7:45PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on the situation and who plays

We walloped Orient last year at this round and that was with Naismith and Vic up front

Naismith got a hat rick I think

If he went with Kone and Naismith up front, with Robles in net and maybe Duffy in place of Jags with mostly everyone else the same, that's style a pretty strong squad

LOL I don't think he scored one mate, he got a hatrick in a friendly didn't he though?

It depends on the situation and who plays

We walloped Orient last year at this round and that was with Naismith and Vic up front

Naismith got a hat rick I think

If he went with Kone and Naismith up front, with Robles in net and maybe Duffy in place of Jags with mostly everyone else the same, that's style a pretty strong squad

Didn't even score.

And if you look at our worst cup defeats (reading, the rs, wigan, oldham, shrewsbury, sporting, leeds etc) the teams were strong enough to win. It's just the mentality wasn't there. That shouldn't be a problem with Martinez, hopefully.

He can easy tinker with the team without causing too much damage, perfect opportunity to swap jelavic for Kone, Heitinga in for Distin, Oviedo for Baines plus it may have crossed his mind to take Osman out of the team on a more regular basis so I'd put pienaar in his position and start with Naismith and replace with Deulofeu for the second half all going well, oh and robles in nets...............simples

Anfield was packed last night as well, thought we were the club with the local fans.

We are the club with local fans. Took me over an hour to drive back from Manchester last night because the M62 from the M6 to the Rocket was packed with Red****e from Surrey, Somerset and Staffordshire.

Can only see 4-5 changes tonight, think Roberto is serious about going on a long run in the competition

Robles (for Howard)

Stones (for Coleman)
Jagielka
Heitinga (for Distin)
Baines

Mirallas
Barkley
Fellaini
Deulofeu (for Pienaar)

Kone (for Osman)
Jelavic

Taking the little'un his first match tonight. He's excited by it. Be alright getting 3 tickets on the door for family enclosure won't we?

Taking the little'un his first match tonight. He's excited by it. Be alright getting 3 tickets on the door for family enclosure won't we?

Should be alright, I'd get there as early as you can though.
I was gonna do the same but I found out you can buy the tickets online and just print them so I did that about an hour ago.

http://eticketing.evertonfc.com/Pag...px?stadium=GD&product=T14C01&campaign=&type=H

That link shows the available seats at the moment, there's not that many free in FE, and I'd expect a lot of people to be buying tickets on the door.

Get down there early doors if you can mate, I went to the same match last year and the tickets were a fiasco, I didn't get in until forty minutes played.

Good luck and enjoy the special moment with the wee one.

I would go somethin like...

Robles
Stones Hibbert Duffy Heitinga Oviedo
gueye barkley Deulofeu
Kone Anichebe

Just because.

Same team as Saturday to start. get this under control in the first 45 minutes and then make the changes. Morale is important for Martinez to establish. If we **** up here and then go and get nothing at Cardiff...and lose players to United, then this club will be under the cosh during the international break.

Status
Not open for further replies.