2023/24 Mason Holgate

Joselu , a journeyman professional who spent some time with Stoke last night scored to get Madrid into a CL final.

There would have been uproar on here if we had signed him.

It just shows players can do well at some clubs and not at others and also what a really good manager can get from ordinary players.

Holgate is no world beater but certainly was not a bad player.
I don't know why but his form has fallen off a cliff in the last year or two.

Dyche said that Holgate pushed for a move away at the start of the season and it makes me wonder if he has lost the taste for the hard work that professional football demands. He is already a wealthy young man.
Surely if he had lost the taste for hard work he would have wanted to stay at Everton and sit on the bench? Or at home.

There were Barnsley fans saying he was a better prospect than Stones when we signed him. They were obviously wrong. Some players forge ahead and embrace professional football, others (Holgate) don't have the push to really succeed. Its a fine line.

Joselu , a journeyman professional who spent some time with Stoke last night scored to get Madrid into a CL final.

There would have been uproar on here if we had signed him.

It just shows players can do well at some clubs and not at others and also what a really good manager can get from ordinary players.

Holgate is no world beater but certainly was not a bad player.
I don't know why but his form has fallen off a cliff in the last year or two.

Dyche said that Holgate pushed for a move away at the start of the season and it makes me wonder if he has lost the taste for the hard work that professional football demands. He is already a wealthy young man.

If Holgate is pushing for a move it means he wants game time.

If he "lost the taste for hard work" as you say then he'd sit around at Everton not having to play.

There were Barnsley fans saying he was a better prospect than Stones when we signed him. They were obviously wrong. Some players forge ahead and embrace professional football, others (Holgate) don't have the push to really succeed. Its a fine line.
Is it due to intelligence in any way?