2022/23 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agree with this btw - said it when he was subbed off that the boos in the ground were too much.

Don't agree with it

He didn't pick himself. The questions should be asked of the manager who selected him.

There are just way too many players at this club who aren't good enough, and should have been let go years ago, but the constant churn of managers means they keep getting more chances, but they aren't good enough to take them. It's just a sign of how the club is not functioning how it should be. It's on the club and managers more than the players,

Agree with this btw - said it when he was subbed off that the boos in the ground were too much.

I agree, poor lad is only human But, these managers play him. Today it’s on Sean Dyche who put someone who is out of their depth on that pitch in front of fans who have paid their hard earned money to watch rubbish.
Maybe just maybe this might be the catalyst for Mason to go looking for football at a level he’s more comfortable at and I’d wish him well.
That said, paying fans are entitled to voice their opinion.

Im no Holgate fan whatsoever but Goodison has been a toxic place for years now. At our best the fans are amazing but sadly we've destroyed the confidence of a number of managers/players.

Silva/Benitez were worn down as managers and a number of players of ours have been booed which is not on - Schneiderlin, King Salamon now Holgate.

Maybe his heart is in the right place but he isn’t good enough. Tough that he got booed but goes with the territory I suppose
Exactly. These guys are handsomely rewarded for their efforts/talent. If either are found wanting, they still get paid regardless. I doubt many of them are emotionally invested in our survival to the extent the supporters are either.

It's a job.

Im no Holgate fan whatsoever but Goodison has been a toxic place for years now. At our best the fans are amazing but sadly we've destroyed the confidence of a number of managers/players.

Silva/Benitez were worn down as managers and a number of players of ours have been booed which is not on - Schneiderlin, King Salamon now Holgate.
Schneiderlein was a different case for me. He was a good player but his effort levels were not there, and the crowd will always remind players if they are not putting in a shift.

Goodison is not toxic at all. The fans have standards and we expect the bare minimum of commitment with a little bit of quality mixed in. We should not allow those who run the club to lower those standards even more

Maybe his heart is in the right place but he isn’t good enough. Tough that he got booed but goes with the territory I suppose
Don't agree with booing any players. But I do agree that he isn't good enough. And sadly we had no other option. Unless we looked to our youth team

Correct. We’re past the point of worrying about peoples feelings unfortunately.
I saw it as a powerful statement to the Manager so that we don’t drop out of this league by him selecting someone who everyone else can see isn’t up to the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.