2021/22 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy does not have a football brain, his positioning is awful, he constantly passes side to side or backwards. He’s a liability and is always worthy of a yellow or red card. He showed so much promise earlier in his Everton career, if I remember rightly im sure he used to break out from the back and carry the ball more, now he seems to realise he’s away from his sage zone and panics. Not for me this lad, he’ll be decent next season if we go down but not for the premier league.

no good, keane, no good, coleman finished, kenny not there yet, new back 4 required probably in the championship now

Holgate's one of those who needs a leader and a more mature person around him, or better tactics, a better Central Midfielder ahead of him, and even then he might just be good for our squad. I wish all these flashes of quality he shows once in a month were more consistent

A team aiming to improve would have sold him years ago.

You can judge our ambition by our decisions, not by our money. We have refused for years to overhaul the squad. That shows the lack of ambition from Moshiri. What he says is not matched up by what he does.

I think it was telling how damning the pundits were of him and Keane last night. It's quite rare they will flat out just say players X and Y aren't not good enough but thats what they (rightly) said.

Just illustrates how glaringly obvious our issues are. We barely require scouting at the moment, sooner or later our defence will crumble.

Yeah. That one game where he was snide and aggressive and tackled really well - he played simple stuff and it was fine.
The thing is, you could pick half the players out of League One or out of the youth set up and put them in a PL game and they won't be completely embarrassed. We played a National League team last week and their players aren't all comically bad, they're professional footballers. Doing well in individual games isn't what shows a player's quality, it's being able to do it week in week out that makes you a good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.