Martinez Slams Mike Jones’ “Unacceptable” Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
"On 1 January 2015 Jones awarded Liverpool two disputed penalties in a 2–2 draw with Leicester City. Liverpool's first penalty was given for a handball against Wes Morgan, though replays showed the ball clearly struck Morgan in the face.[10]"

REFEREE DECISION: After initially awarding the goal, Keith Stroud consulted with his assistant referee and reversed his decision.

DERMOT SAYS: Between them, they've got it absolutely right. The assistant, Peter Kirkup, doesn't know the ball has touched McArthur. When you see it go in, the referee knows it's a goal because he's looked across and not seen any flag, so he gives the goal. The assistant may then alert him and say we need to talk here to discuss McArthur being stood in an offside position. That is not an offence, but if that ball has touched him it's offside.

When the ball hits him, Kirkup doesn't know. But he knows he's in an offside position. But what I thought was really good - once he alerted the referee - is that they went and spoke. They didn't just speak over communication; the referee has gone across and spoken about it. It's the perfect package - if you were teaching anyone to referee, that's how to communicate".

"This time it was the turn of another of the country’s supposed ‘cream of the crop’ Assistant Referees, Peter Kirkup.

He is the man who made history by being the first English assistant referee to be sent home from a major tournament whilst his referee and fellow assistant were kept on (EURO 2012)".

He got strong contact on a weak back heel from a defender and it still ended up in the net...
Tim did get a weak hand to it, but I feel he thought it was well offside which it was, but the assistant referee somehow missed it also the chelsea players celebrated in the crowd no time added on for that??????

was more the lino, mullarkey I think he's called, not calling offside. iirc the ref aint allowed to blow for offside unless the assistant calls it unless I'm wrong.

Tim did get a weak hand to it, but I feel he thought it was well offside which it was, but the assistant referee somehow missed it also the chelsea players celebrated in the crowd no time added on for that??????

And in a fair world we would have won that 3-2 (and been beaten by city midweek, so it is swings and roundabouts over the course of a season). Players have to play to the whistle though it is all about the concentration which is just another part of Howard's game that costs us points now. I literally cannot think of another team that would have bottled a 2-0 lead quite so spectacularly though and that should not be ignored in the midst of a shocking referee performance...

Elephant in the room is why were chelsea aloud two headers before Terrys goal? alongside why were we not just keeping hold of the ball?

That's our big problem alongside a disgrace of a goalkeeper.

Del, lukaku
And in a fair world we would have won that 3-2 (and been beaten by city midweek, so it is swings and roundabouts over the course of a season). Players have to play to the whistle though it is all about the concentration which is just another part of Howard's game that costs us points now. I literally cannot think of another team that would have bottled a 2-0 lead quite so spectacularly though and that should not be ignored in the midst of a shocking referee performance...

Loads of teams can draw or lose when they are 2 nil up.

Yes but we are still one point worse off!

Status
Not open for further replies.