Martinez Signs New 5 Year Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only the team owned Finch Farm it would be Champions League this year instead of Europe...

How do you work that out. The council don't own the players and rent them out to the club??

Thank you Roberto for signing, it will of course upset a few clubs out there and all those media pundits who have been linking him to very club looking for a manger.

@Dutch Toffee @Baines' left foot

Kenwright says in this interview that 3 clubs approached him for Martinez last season.

It's about 3/4 of the way down

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...roberto-martinez-signs-new-five-year-contract
I know mate, read the interview. It's just that I find it difficult to believe that the Ajax interest was genuine. I mean, what's the point? I respect that the history of Ajax will mean they'll always be regarded as a big club, but with the money going around in the PL these days, I'm certain a move from Everton to Ajax would mean a step backwards for a young and ambitious manager like Martinez.

I know mate, read the interview. It's just that I find it difficult to believe that the Ajax interest was genuine. I mean, what's the point? I respect that the history of Ajax will mean they'll always be regarded as a big club, but with the money going around in the PL these days, I'm certain a move from Everton to Ajax would mean a step backwards for a young and ambitious manager like Martinez.

in a way i see how it could be tempting to him. ajax is one of the best clubs in the world concerning youth developement etc.. bob would fit in like a fist into eye.

+Cruyf + CL

but like we all know bob is a loyal manager, what he starts he finishes. he is a young manager, his career will be beautifull.

in a way i see how it could be tempting to him. ajax is one of the best clubs in the world concerning youth developement etc.. bob would fit in like a fist into eye.

+Cruyf + CL

but like we all know bob is a loyal manager, what he starts he finishes. he is a young manager, his career will be beautifull.
Tbh, think Ajax neglected their youth academy for a while ad they payed a price for it. Frank de Boer has tried to change that around, but I still fear they are some way off from restoring it to its former state.

Personally think the Everton youth academy is one of the things that'sso attractive and challenging for Bobby.

Do agree though that Bobby would fit in very well at Ajax. Just think we're the better option for him career wise.

Just had a quick look but thought it might be quicker to ask. Where can I find those sound cloud clips of Martinez and his two hour long talks with everton fans? Would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.