Martinez is not good enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrian

Player Valuation: £225k
I cant help wondering why Martinez is being considered favourite for the managers job. The team he manages, after fighting relegation for 3 years, has eventually been relegated. If he was that good a manager he would've kept Wigan up. People talk about his footballing philosphy and how he stays true to that, but if you dont have the players to play that way you are goona be in trouble. Moyes was smart enough to know that. His first couple of years at Everton, we played anything but attractive football...we worked hard..defended well and won by the odd goal (we won alot of games 1-0)...Moyes didnt have the players to play an expansive game so he adapted..played a style that suited the players he had, and got results. If moyes was manager of Wigan this year then they would not have been relegated.

As long as we struggle financially then overall we are not going to have better players than the top teams...for that reason we are going to need a manager who is flexible in our style of play and is willing, able and smart enough to adapt in order to level the playing field when we play these teams. Not sure who that is but I dont think Roberto 'Fottball Philosophy' Martinez is that man. Just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.