Martinez Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that. I like he's not changing course on his outlook when the first test comes in order to pander to the divvies on the telly.

He's absolutely right too: you need to take every scrap of evidence on board to decide whether the way he sees the game being played is the right one, not just the way we've been playing in a slump.

Albert_Einstein_quotes-12.jpg

Great news, so while we don't have the players who are technically gifted to playing a fast passing game like Barcelona we will continue to struggle until either we are in a relegation fight and Bobby is sacked or Bill provides money for new players. I think the former is the most likely.

That interview frightens me.

It is like Hitler ranting on and on at his general as the Russians encircled Stalingrad by telling them to fight on to the last man no mater what because victory is just around the corner.

Martinez is insisting that his ways are right and that the players will "have to play his way....but be better about it".

And he won't "compromise" on his "philosophy".

*shakes head*

It is going to be a long hard winter, lids :(

Great news, so while we don't have the players who are technically gifted to playing a fast passing game like Barcelona we will continue to struggle until either we are in a relegation fight and Bobby is sacked or Bill provides money for new players. I think the former is the most likely.

The players who did it last season are largely all still there. They just need to pull their heads out of their arses and take responsibility like a professional footballer should.

That interview frightens me.

It is like Hitler ranting on and on at his general as the Russians encircled Stalingrad by telling them to fight on to the last man no mater what because victory is just around the corner.

Martinez is insisting that his ways are right and that the players will "have to play his way....but be better about it".

And he won't "compromise" on his "philosophy".

*shakes head*

It is going to be a long hard winter, lids :(

Or like Churchill who continued to have faith in the RAF though massively outnumbered by the Luftwaffe and taking massive losses knowing that a system was likely to bear fruit eventually before capitulation was met.

We have been in this position under moyes at this time of the season, and i couldnt see us getting any better and was worried. We had no style except lump it up and hope for a piece of luck. Guess what, we did get better and things started to work for us. I am sure this will happen this season. Hopefully starting tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.