Marouane Fellaini targets cup goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Liverpool Echo.co.uk - Everton FC - News - Marouane Fellaini targets cup goal - Everton FC latest

MAROUANE Fellaini is determined to end his first season with Everton on a high with a 10-goal haul – and intends to take his first step towards that target at Wembley.
The Blues’ record signing caught the eye again yesterday and took his tally for the campaign to eight when opening the scoring in the 3-3 draw at Aston Villa.
It was a slightly bittersweet afternoon though for Fellaini as Everton twice let a two-goal advantage slip and a draw has all but ended their hopes of qualifying for the Champions League as they are nine points behind Arsenal with six games to play.
But, as Fellaini was quick to point out, the FA Cup semi-final with Manchester United now looms on the horizon and a victory next Sunday would provide ample compensation for David Moyes’ men.
“I’m not what you would call a goalscorer so I am delighted that I have scored so many – to have eight at this stage is fantastic,” said Fellaini.
“I’m scoring quite regularly and it would be great if I could get to 10. I would be really satisfied if that happened; I’d love to score a goal at Wembley.
“The most satisfying thing, though, is that my goals are helping the team. That is one thing that I have always said - the team is most important, not my personal ambitions.”
Everything looked to be going according to plan when Fellaini and Tim Cahill fired Everton in front but they allowed themselves to be pegged back after John Carew pounced.
Steven Pienaar then looked to have secured victory just after the break, only for a James Milner free-kick and Gareth Barry’s penalty to snatch a share of the spoils for the home side and leave Moyes deflated.
Fellaini, though, felt there were plenty of positives in the performance and he still believes Everton can leapfrog fifth-placed Villa before the end of the campaign.
“It was a funny game,” said Fellaini. “Normally you are happy when you have drawn with a difficult team away from home but Villa are still a point ahead of us
“We were ahead twice and it would have been nice if we could have finished the job off and won but we have to remember that we played really well.
“We would have taken a point before the game and we know that it is not easy coming to a place like Villa Park, so I’m sure that a draw can be good for our morale.
“It was a good game to play and I’m sure it would have been a good one to watch. If we keep playing like that, I’m sure we will catch Villa and that’s what we will try to do.

Again, he mentions 'the team'. He literally is all about the team. Even the day we signed him it's all he went on about. Fantastic trait to have in a player.

Great attitude and again it reiterates how far we have come when we're not only disappointed with a draw at Villa Park but as fans, we can criticise a team for playing rudimentary footie

Let's just hope he is on the pitch long enough to do it, ive just read on NSNO that the ref has been swapped to Mike Riley. Has anyone else heard this?

Sadly i think he will get sent off. After that little feature by MOTD, the referee will be looking out for it. Exactly the same when Johnson was accused of 'diving' and the referees gave him **** all.

Sadly i think he will get sent off. After that little feature by MOTD, the referee will be looking out for it. Exactly the same when Johnson was accused of 'diving' and the referees gave him **** all.

And considering the ref is Riley, its worth sticking a bet on it.

Let's just hope he is on the pitch long enough to do it, ive just read on NSNO that the ref has been swapped to Mike Riley. Has anyone else heard this?
Old mother Riley is easily the worst ref in England. Before we kick off we're already one down.

United won't be able to handle him on Sunday. I really hope he breaks Ferdinand's nose with one of these elbows.

If we're losing badly, i hope he breaks Ferdinand's nose and Rooney's nose, arms, legs and i hope he stabs him too and i wouldnt even be arsed if he got sent off. I'd probably run on the pitch and hug him.

Mo Fro is back in the form he had pre Christmas and is proving a real handful. I think his involvement in the build up has been good too, and he's linking up well with Jo, providing a direct out ball that Jo doesn't really offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.