Mark Rowan (not a transfer rumour)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azza

Player Valuation: £80m
I think Bill might have lost his head big time after this badge nonsense.

Everton's Head of Media and Communications is now on Twitter and looking to engage with the fans.

"@mrowan: Not been on twitter for a few years. Ask your Evertonian followers to follow me. i'll try and answer your questions #fanengagement"

Got to wonder if this is down to Denise Barnett-Baxendale or Bill himself because I can't see Elstone being this proactive. It's a shame that it's taken something as dire as the badge to give the club the kick it needs to reach out to the people who matter most.

I think they are more worried about the upcoming EGM. Getting the 'we communicate on many levels' excuses set up beforehand.

bas*ards

They scared shoiteless of the questions the shareholders (well the ones who care and the ones who are worried about the club under this board) are going to ask.

Hold on, isn't Mark Rowan the one who went after fan forums like this over Evertonians using the official badge?

Lol.

They scared shoiteless of the questions the shareholders (well the ones who care and the ones who are worried about the club under this board) are going to ask.

Ha Ha. Spot on. It's a dry run for the EGM. Well sussed out.

They're completely transparent.

Ha Ha. Spot on. It's a dry run for the EGM. Well sussed out.

They're completely transparent.

They can be read like a book, same old story and same old gullible people lap up the crap the club serves up.

Over the next few days the good news stories will come out with increased frequency as Wednesday dawns.

On Wednesday Bobby Martinez will be wheeled into the public arena to deflect from the obvious costly shortcomings of Elstone, Kenwright, Woods and the missing in [non] action Earl and again the weak shareholders will get giddy and fawn all over the shower that 'lead' OUR CLUB.

Ahh. Well. Mark.. Left the Death Star alone for a bit have you.. *wink wink*

On Wednesday Bobby Martinez will be wheeled into the public arena to deflect from the obvious costly shortcomings of Elstone, Kenwright, Woods and the missing in [non] action Earl and again the weak shareholders will get giddy and fawn all over the shower that 'lead' OUR CLUB.

I think he'll still be in Brazil doing punditry work for ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/espntv/onair/index?start=6-26-13-12:00-PM

The kit release is the morning after (8am according to the script on the official site), that'll be what the main distraction is in my opinion. It'll keep news from the EGM at bay in the local media at least.

They can be read like a book, same old story and same old gullible people lap up the crap the club serves up.

Over the next few days the good news stories will come out with increased frequency as Wednesday dawns.

....you're forgetting Alan*gives good tweet*Myers. He'll be on hand to pacify the doubters.

Bill's laffin here.

Do you not think that the change in attitude might have something to do with having appointed a new Director of Communications (Alan Myers) or would that miss an opportunity to be cynical?

Wasn't Mr Rowan also the fella who replied to the emails following AlanBall's banning from FF etc?

I'm not sure how the hierarchy works, as Rowan is 'head of Media & Communications at Everton' and Myers (as of August 1st) will be 'director of Communications'. So either one of them will be the others boss, or they'll both be working together.

Rowan's bio on the Everton website currently reads: 'Mark is the head of Media & Communications at Everton and is currently heading up, along with Denise Barrett-Baxendale, a range of Fan Engagement initiatives at the Club'.

It's all very ironic, as others have pointed out, given that Rowan was the one going after all the Everton fans websites a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.