Homepage Update: Marco Silva's Burnley Defeat Reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm officially off the Silva train now. I haven't seen anything of the Burnley game, I was on some 250km mountainbike thing in Holland and only saw the score on my phone at full time whereupon the woods echoed to the sound of "For F***s sake Everton!"

We play exactly the same gameplan every week regardless of the opposition, there is no consequence for failure for the likes of Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson which in and of itself isn't a bad thing but they haven't put in a performance between them all season. Set aside Gbamin being injured, Silva can't do anything about that, we have seen that a combination of Schneiderlin and Delph doesn't work. Delph is being asked to play a role that he is not a natural fit for, Davies may be inconsistent but he has to be given a chance at being the guy to move the ball forward with Delph taking Schneiderlin's place.

Possession is good in that without the ball the opposition can't score, but we've shown time and time again that we don't need to give them the ball to score, just a set piece will do. We have no variety going forward, I'm still not sure if DCL is a bad striker or not because he isn't getting anything to work with. It shouldn't be a defining factor but Silva just doesn't look like he cares, either. I really hope there is some sort of arse kicking behind the scenes, some sort of impressing upon the players that the current standard is not good enough.

I would not in a million years reach for the David Moyes button, though. Never go back. Especially not back to a manager who has failed dismally everywhere since he left.

There’s no evidence in his last few jobs that Moyes can get anything out of anyone since he left here.

He was good for what we needed at the time, gave us a bit of fight and spirit back and you can’t knock him for that.

He’s yesterday’s man though and the way he left us was disgraceful, he should never be considered for any role at this club again.
This is it for me. Couldn't bring myself to go to that West Ham game (last game of season) and join in the 'send off'. The man was still doing pre match press conferences in his Everton training tops' when he was already Man Utd bound. Hideous. And I blame Kenwright for that too. Should have put him on gardening leave for rest of season once he agreed to join Man Utd.

After match comments in paper - He is not worried, results will come!

We are now third from bottom, played 8 and got 7 points. For us to climb not only means winning games but the others above us losing so that we can climb. Can one believe in Silva?

Status
Not open for further replies.