• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s them emotions that are making you lose site of the bigger picture. I want it and I want it now.

It’s the same emotions that would have seen Moyes sacked the season we finished 17th and then sold Rooney. In turn, it probably would have cost us a 4th place finish and another 6 years or so of over achievement.

One thing Evertonians should have learnt after all these years is that chopping and changing gets us no where.

Silva needs time and he will get it so support him and the club.
Silva needs sacking, not time.

Like all jobs, you have to perform to stay in it, you think this season has been good enough to give him a second season?

You can’t compare the Moyes situation to what we are now, it’s completely different.

Please, don’t make this any worse than it already is by bringing that up!
With our upcoming run of fixtures I fully expect Palace and Brighton to usurp us in the next four games - and the distinct possibility of a 15/16th finish - the ower needs to quote marcellas Wallace in pulp fiction - get medieval on the clubs ass top to bottom or pack up his BMD carpet bag and scram.

With our upcoming run of fixtures I fully expect Palace and Brighton to usurp us in the next four games - and the distinct possibility of a 15/16th finish - the ower needs to quote marcellas Wallace in pulp fiction - get medieval on the clubs ass top to bottom or pack up his BMD carpet bag and scram.
I see a maximum of 8 points from the next 8 games, which would put us on 45. Beyond belief we could get a points total so low.

Silva needs sacking, not time.

Like all jobs, you have to perform to stay in it, you think this season has been good enough to give him a second season?

You can’t compare the Moyes situation to what we are now, it’s completely different.

It’s not completely different. Moyes finished 17th on 30 odd points, it’s a sacking offence for Huddersfield and Fulham never mind Everton.

I’ve seen promising signs this year. Much improved away form, some excellent buys, good performances away to the richer clubs.

Last week for an hour we were outstanding, the same for the 2nd halves at Cardiff and in the Derby. There’s enough in what he’s doing to make me believe he can move us on to the next level by transferring these glimpses into 90 minute performances particularly when he can improve the obvious weaker areas of the team with his own signings.

He’s making a mass overhaul from the turgid football and signings of the last 2 managers and in time, we’ll see the benefits of the seemingly small steps he’s making now.

It’s them emotions that are making you lose site of the bigger picture. I want it and I want it now.

It’s the same emotions that would have seen Moyes sacked the season we finished 17th and then sold Rooney. In turn, it probably would have cost us a 4th place finish and another 6 years or so of over achievement.

One thing Evertonians should have learnt after all these years is that chopping and changing gets us no where.

"I want it and want it now"

No trophies in 2 decades and 4 out of our last 5 seasons have been bottom half finishes and/or flirting with threat of relegation.

Yeah im super entitled me mate.

Nuno got Wolves promoted in his season. Klopp got Liverpool to cup finals

This whole concept of "managers need time" is BS.

You give a manager time if they show they have the tools capable of turning things around.

What exactly has Silva shown you that makes you think he can turn it around next season?

Is it relegating Hull?

Sacked at Watford?

First manager in PL history to concede 6 goals with 3x different clubs?

Top 3 Worst set piece record at 3x clubs in the league?

Current league standing of 12th?

That magnificent 0-0 result at Chelsea?

Relegation form since the last 4 or so months?

Im all ears mate please enlighten this blind fan of all these hidden qualities that our Mourinho lite apparantely has...

It’s not completely different. Moyes finished 17th on 30 odd points, it’s a sacking offence for Huddersfield and Fulham never mind Everton.

I’ve seen promising signs this year. Much improved away form, some excellent buys, good performances away to the richer clubs.

Last week for an hour we were outstanding, the same for the 2nd halves at Cardiff and in the Derby. There’s enough in what he’s doing to make me believe he can move us on to the next level by transferring these glimpses into 90 minute performances particularly when he can improve the obvious weaker areas of the team with his own signings.

He’s making a mass overhaul from the turgid football and signings of the last 2 managers and in time, we’ll see the benefits of the seemingly small steps he’s making now.
The club is in a completely different financial position than it was 17 years ago. How could Moyes be sacked, when he didn’t have any money to spend and they sold our only good player in Rooney?

You’re talking about how outstanding we were to very poor teams. How about how awful we were in that second half vs. Newcastle?

You talk about good performances against rich clubs, near enough every other team has performed better against the ‘Top 6’ than we have. We haven’t beaten a team above 10th all season, and only have the one win against the Top 10 in Leicester away.

He’s a clown of a manager, an utter joke.

The club is in a completely different financial position than it was 17 years ago. How could Moyes be sacked, when he didn’t have any money to spend and they sold our only good player in Rooney?

You’re talking about how outstanding we were to very poor teams. How about how awful we were in that second half vs. Newcastle?

You talk about good performances against rich clubs, near enough every other team has performed better against the ‘Top 6’ than we have. We haven’t beaten a team above 10th all season, and only have the one win against the Top 10 in Leicester away.

Its like some fans are practising some Bird Box cosplay whilst Everton are on the tele. They definitely watch a different sport to me.

Its like some fans are practising some Bird Box cosplay whilst Everton are on the tele. They definitely watch a different sport to me.
I get that everyone just wants the best for Everton and some don’t want to constantly be involved in the seemingly never-ending negativity that surrounds the club, but sometimes you just have to take your head out of the sand.

Moyes had no money to spend at the time. He took over a relegation battler team.

Meanwhile we have a manager of having a low 30s winning rate since he came to PL.

When this season is finally put to bed, then Silva can look at it and regard it as a success. It will be his first full season in England where he has not been sacked and it will be the first time he has been a manager in May and not been relegated. So when he set the bar in August for this season it seems that it will be a success for him. He has to go. Last year I think we made one of the best signings for a long time, Marcel Brands. When we look for a new manager it should be left to Brands alone. We need to get it right Moshiri has the money but does he have the football experience to pick a manager

Outstanding against poor teams?? 1 of the examples I gave you was the Derby...We were excellent against them last week following on from us being outstanding at Anfield, the best team to go there all season.

I’m seeing past the last 30 mins at Newcastle cause there’s mitigating circumstances for me that can be addressed in time. I’m focussing in the outstanding first hour which was an example of what our manager can produce and as a supporter I’m looking for more of that.

I admire your stance over Moyes....you obviously wouldn’t call for him to get sacked for finishing 17th in his first full season....30 odd points despite having the greatest young striker in the world in his team, lost about 5 nil on the last day to the team in 16th, lost the last 5 or 6 in a row, massive big spending teams like Bolton, Charlton, Fulham and Birmingham in the top 10....no, I’m sure you’d be on here now saying how he’s doing a decent job.

I get that everyone just wants the best for Everton and some don’t want to constantly be involved in the seemingly never-ending negativity that surrounds the club, but sometimes you just have to take your head out of the sand.

They dont realise that we are not a media darling club.

The media wont talk about Everton unless the fans make them - look at last season we were 8th yet all the media spoke about was our unrest with Alladyce.

We are 12th and look worse and no one has said a word - because the fans have given up.

It shouldn't take a relegation battle or some bond villain to get the fans wanting better than 12th and out the cups early whilst juggernauts like Watford and Wolves are fighting for Europe and in cup semi finals.

Nothing wrong with wanting it now. The club is in a bit of a malaise and there is no pressure or desire to better ourselves. It's not a good situation. Everything is far too comfortable for our players at the minute. Massive wages and no pressure to succeed.

I've no idea whether Silva will stay. I'd replace him because this is the worst run of form we've had since moyes was here. And most of it comes back to disorganisation and slack school boy defending. You can't do well in England if your teams can't compete under aerial challenges. He doesn't seem to grasp this.

If he stays I'm not going to lose the head though because there's no guarantees it would be the right decision. There's much more wrong than just managers at Everton. But I'm always of the mentality of making a change and not accepting poor standards. I'd rather roll the dice than flounder in mediocrity.

Discussions on whether he should be dismissed should not happen until the season is over when everything is looked at in the cold light of day.
As a club we have become a laughing stock sacking managers at a drop of a hat how long are we prepared to give a manager? 3 months ? 6 months? Nobody could sort this mess out in that time.
There has been positives:
The signings have been quality , there are no signs of him losing the dressing room.We have given the lovables 2 of the hardest games they have had all season.
I am still in the Silva camp but if Brands recommends someone better at the end of the season I would support them as well(apart from the FSW) but please let's do it properly and not knee jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.