• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, it's pretty easy to see the defensive issues. He instructs his fullbacks to bomb up the pitch like Martinez did. The DIFFERENCE(especially in year 1 for Martinez) was that one of the DM's were told to go cover for that fullback so they weren't exposed. Eventually Martinez's players were pressed high up the pitch which kind of screwed his ideas.

Silva, from what I can see, wants his fullbacks high up the pitch. But he's not instructing his DM's to cover for them nor are his DM's fast enough to fix that. You could see what happened today, Redmond ran off Coleman so that Keane pulled off and then ran inside way past both CB's. Coleman is on the downside, you can see that, but the tactics still are mind numbing.

Of course he is. He's just playing one DM because he doesn't have anyone else. But the DM is absolutely being instructed and is effectively covering for both sides. At least as much as he can - and people here want him to get moved! It would be hilarious, we'd give up 2-3 goals a game EVERY game. He'd LOVE to play two DMs that could cover more easily - and support - the attack on both sides. He has no one else. He'd love to play an anchor man and probably thought Morgan could do it but he clearly can't. McCarthy is crocked (or washed up), and Gomes did not support the attack well and did NOTHING to help Gana cover when we did lose it.

Coleman got completely owned by Redmond today. Couldn't stop him, could barely stay in front of him, it was a terrible matchup.

I get that he has his own system and style he wants , but, our players don’t suit it. I know we can’t sell 11 and buy 11 players at once but surely a decent manager will play a system that suits the players and chamber the system and personnel gradually. Asking players to do things that they are weak at isn’t the answer.
On a wider note, is his style suited to this league?

This will not be largely accepted as an excuse, but I believe fatigue is part of the reason for this big slump in performances.

The intensity, closing down, high tempo football we witness at the start of the season is missing.

I don’t see why we can’t maintain this approach unless the manager decides to abandon it or the players simply not fit enough to sustain such intensity in the Long run.

On a wider note, is his style suited to this league?

I do t think it is unless yo have players like real and Barca . To slow , backwards passing, splitting CB’s , no options anywhere on the pitch and always have no time or options in possession . I truely beleive managers should be given 4-5 windows but I don’t think silva is working toward anything decent , but of a conundrum

Bainesy, Jags (both great servants to this club) , Walcott, Tosun, McCarthy (good player on the few occasions that he's fit), Schneiderlin, Stekelenburg, Bolasie, Ramirez, Martina, Niasse, Besic, Vlasic, Garbutt, Williams, Mirallas, Tarashaj.That's a lot of deadwood.That's a lot of players to turn over.Can we get them all out this summer?We really have accumulated and stockpiled, some serious dross under Martinez Koeman and Allardyce.

The only reason to get rid of a manager so soon would be if we were in danger of relegation. Since we're not, I hope he gets another season, but if there's no progress this time next year it's time to look for someone new. It's a results business.

I would be disappointed if we don't get 7th.But i still think that he needs two full seasons.

Nothing will change as long as he doesn’t change to adopt. We are actually getting worse at this rate. Most of the remaining home games this season are up against the Sky teams and we will probably lose in most of them. If he can’t beat these crap bottom 13 PL teams home and away I don’t see how he can beat them next season just because he adds a few new players.

The only reason to get rid of a manager so soon would be if we were in danger of relegation. Since we're not, I hope he gets another season, but if there's no progress this time next year it's time to look for someone new. It's a results business.

Splashing the cash and people except even lower standard. What a time this is.

Not expect lower, my HK toffee friend.
Just prepared to be a little patient, as we were with hk himself, and reaped the rewards. As United were with Ferguson, who was headed for the door after his first season of reports are to be believed.

They are what they are. Kendall and Ferguson. Nothing to show or his past records suggest that Silva is the same. It doesn’t always work out. At this moment it looks like another Martinez.

They are what they are. Kendall and Ferguson. Nothing to show or his past records suggest that Silva is the same. It doesn’t always work out. At this moment it looks like another Martinez.
Agree completely, and if in a years time we're still watching this dross and getting beat, his time is up. For now, give him a chance, frustrating though it is.

just saw his interview transcript, to be fair he did admit we were poor, started the match poorly with no drive and attitude. He also mention about halftime talk, telling players they have to do more, show more desire.

This will not be largely accepted as an excuse, but I believe fatigue is part of the reason for this big slump in performances.

The intensity, closing down, high tempo football we witness at the start of the season is missing.

I don’t see why we can’t maintain this approach unless the manager decides to abandon it or the players simply not fit enough to sustain such intensity in the Long run.

Ha! Saints played on Wednesday, extra time and penos.

It’s not tiredness it’s awful management and gutless wonders.

Status
Not open for further replies.