• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We put in a very good performance at Anfield and lost to a last minute freak goal. Arsenal went there today and got battered 5-1 and seem to have similar problems as ourselves with a new manager settling in.

Are there lynch mobs on the Arsenal forums this evening demanding the head of Emery ? Unlikely, yet on here the BFS army are out in force throwing hissy fits and demanding that heads must roll.

Some of our fans don't deserve success.

They went 20 games unbeaten and are through to the latter stages in Europe.

We've won 7 games in 20.

Not really the same like.

That has absolutely NOTHING to do with it. We’ve played mostly crap and got exactly what we deserved, you can’t blame one moment for all the glaring tactical mistakes and individual errors we’ve made.

They’re where they were because they’re currently the best team in the league.

Last second of a derby winner psychologically boosted them and flattened City. Of course it played a part.
They where flagging a bit at the time but still spawning wins (with big help from officials and general dodgy decisions).

They where like a bad smell that wouldn't go away for City, and now they are stinking to high heaven.

I cannot see that shower being stopped now and it's dreadful to see.

... he went 20 games unbeaten and cruised into the next round of the EL. Goodness I hope we have his issues.
Didnt Arsenal go about 15 games+ unbeaten and are in 5th?

Whereas Everton are 10/11th and have 1 win in about 7 and only beaten one side in the top half.

Totally different situations Marco lad.

All that and still only 11 points ahead of us, with a shakey defence and questions being asked of his tactics. Oh and 2 world class strikers at his disposal and a few other tol players. Thats not good enough for Arsenal, the same as the current rubbisb isnt good enough for us.

All that and still only 11 points ahead of us, with a shakey defence and questions being asked of his tactics. Oh and 2 world class strikers at his disposal and a few other tol players. Thats not good enough for Arsenal, the same as the current rubbisb isnt good enough for us.

"Only" 11 points ahead of us after 20 games?!?! Plus progress in Europe, which is another 6 games and usually affects league form (see us previously, Chelsea this season etc. Etc.).

Again, would rather have his problems than Silva's.

Some over-reaction on here, as is usual after a defeat. Silva is, I think, still capable of building something much better than we've had in the last five years. The team is generally worth persevering with but there are some horribly obvious gaps - we need (in order of importance) a striker, a right back and a defensive midfield player. Once these are addressed we can start to make progress.
Having said all that, I am still terribly disappointed with results but it's very premature to start calling for another managerial sacking.

"Only" 11 points ahead of us after 20 games?!?! Plus progress in Europe, which is another 6 games and usually affects league form (see us previously, Chelsea this season etc. Etc.).

Again, would rather have his problems than Silva's.

But you're looking at it from an Evertonians point of view so of course i'd like to have their problems as they are ahead of us. But from an Arsenal fan point, sitting 5th and getting battered 5-1 by Liverpool isnt progress. Im sure if you look on their forums they will be coming out with similar comments to us.

I get that the selection has been restricted due to us having the worst luck regarding fixtures over the last couple weeks, but some things are mess.

- 3 at the back should only be played when Gueye is unavailable. With Gueye and 3 CBs we had 6 or 7 players camped at the back at all times with no midfield presence and only long balls could get up to our forwards.

- Sigurdsson needs to be higher up. The job he's done well for us this season has been basically a midfield striker, not a deep-lying play maker.

- Can we seriously work on finishing? Every player in every position can't shoot. Coleman had a nearly open goal and took a five generations to ready himself to shoot. Their keeper made bad mistakes and not punishing them costs us.

- Passing has been wayward since the beginning. We give up possession too cheaply.

I was just thinking about this aswell, no need for Gana to be playing, it's too defensive I would of either gone back to 4-2-3-1 with Gana playing or just kept the same team as against Burnley and changed it the second half if players became tired

Just some of the comments on Emery, sounds familiar.

Im annoyed with Silva but he does need time. He needs to show he's usinv these games/errors and performances (or lack of) to improve, not rinse and repeat.

Really just a **** Juande Ramos

28 goals conceded at 20 games is our worst record in PL history

Getting a bit worried now

Agree. Doesn't strike me as someone who's going to mould us into a top team. We've been playing like an upper midtable club this season, like Southampton circa 2015.

I really wish we would have gone for Tuchel

I don't like how Emery put this defence.Know that we have some crap players,but he just depends of individual quality of defender and not really to organize something.What is the points to score against Liverpool and than to be offensive ?

Didn't expect much today, especially with such poor defensive options, but I am a little worried that Emery doesn't look more defensively astute. I know it's hard with almost our entire back line injured, but I was hoping he'd show a little more in that regard. He's had several weeks now to try to sort it out. Instead, today we looked again like the defensive mess that we saw so commonly in Wenger's last years.

Just some of the comments on Emery, sounds familiar.

Im annoyed with Silva but he does need time. He needs to show he's usinv these games/errors and performances (or lack of) to improve, not rinse and repeat.

Really just a **** Juande Ramos

28 goals conceded at 20 games is our worst record in PL history

Getting a bit worried now

Agree. Doesn't strike me as someone who's going to mould us into a top team. We've been playing like an upper midtable club this season, like Southampton circa 2015.

I really wish we would have gone for Tuchel

I don't like how Emery put this defence.Know that we have some crap players,but he just depends of individual quality of defender and not really to organize something.What is the points to score against Liverpool and than to be offensive ?

Didn't expect much today, especially with such poor defensive options, but I am a little worried that Emery doesn't look more defensively astute. I know it's hard with almost our entire back line injured, but I was hoping he'd show a little more in that regard. He's had several weeks now to try to sort it out. Instead, today we looked again like the defensive mess that we saw so commonly in Wenger's last years.

No offence mate but we aint arsed what arsenal fans think of emery.

I care more about EFC and at present our manager is criminally underperforming. Same as Koeman and Martinez.

Maybe the buffoons at boardroom level should let a real football man (Brands) appoint the next one?

Some over-reaction on here, as is usual after a defeat. Silva is, I think, still capable of building something much better than we've had in the last five years. The team is generally worth persevering with but there are some horribly obvious gaps - we need (in order of importance) a striker, a right back and a defensive midfield player. Once these are addressed we can start to make progress.
Having said all that, I am still terribly disappointed with results but it's very premature to start calling for another managerial sacking.

With no malice meant at all so I hope it doesn’t come across like it, what makes you think Silva is capable of building...well anything really?

I wish I had the same belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.