• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fulham rationale aside? That was the best part wasn't it?:D

How to build confidence? Hummm....

I think if I could truly answer that I'd probably make a mint in the self-help industry! But I'll have a stab nethertheless!

I think confidence is something that needs to be given. By fans, managers, teachers, parents, and everyone alike, though thats not to say it should be bestowed upon people who are basically talentless! I mean telling me I am a good musician will not make me one!

But as an example look at Salah.

He was going through a major goal drought, and crisis in confidence recently. We would have lost against them had that not been the case. But Klopp put his trust in him, knowing it was a confidence problem (as oppose to Salah simply not being good enough) and eventually it paid off.

Solskjaer right now at united, is dropping players like Lukaku when they have bad games, and then bringing them back again, as soon as he realizes that the alternative is even worse! Terrible message to send to the players, especially as he is picking players less deserving.

You can't treat players, and centre forwards especially, like this, and expect good results. Because they will always be thinking somewhere, as they go through on goal, if I miss this chance, I'm out!

If a forward goes through, and thinks it doesn't really matter (of course it always matters) if he misses or not, that the manager will still back and believe in him, I truly believe he'll be more likely to relax, and do well (IMO).

Because confidence really is something that builds up, and up, and up, to the point were the next chance you have, is not really all that significant (eveybody knows I am great, and will support me, even if I miss). It's only when you've missed the last sixteen chances, that it almost gurantees you will miss the next one!

A good manager IMO will take some of this pressure from off of a players shoulders, by demonstrating to the player that- you are the best player I have in this position, and that your position (at least for the foreseable future) is secure. Give it to get it, I guess you could say!

Same with the manager in a wider sense too though, in relation to the fans.

After all who of us, could truly work to the best of our ability, if terrified at every moment of a public, and truly ignominious dismissal?

Klopp was hardly going to drop salah for origi. There's faith and then there's "having absolutely nobody to turn to so you have to pursist with that player"

Klopp was hardly going to drop salah for origi. There's faith and then there's "having absolutely nobody to turn to so you have to pursist with that player"

Perhaps. But doesen't detract from the main main point I was making, which was you gotta give it to get it!

This sounds like me, but my head was starting to wobble after that bad run after the loss against Liverpool. Happily he has turned things around a lot since then. Sort out the Fulham and Newcastle type of games as well as competing with the big boys of Chelsea and Arsenal and United and currently things look very very rosy in the world.

That's the thing mate, it's no good getting up for the bigger games, then slipping up against the lesser teams, we've now got to start showing consistency throughout next season.

The good signs are that Silva looks to have rectified some of our issues.

This sounds like me, but my head was starting to wobble after that bad run after the loss against Liverpool. Happily he has turned things around a lot since then. Sort out the Fulham and Newcastle type of games as well as competing with the big boys of Chelsea and Arsenal and United and currently things look very very rosy in the world.
Koeman's team hammered Man City and the old "Fortress Goodison" quotes started to re-emerge.And even though we drew there.it was a false dawn.I'm sure I'll get accused of having an agenda or the old glass half full quote,but until we start getting regular results at top six grounds there is no real sustained improvement.The team that played Sunday and the performance at Fulham show there are still problems.

Agreed

Allardyce got 8th last season
Silva added Gomez, zouma, richarlison, Bernard, digne, mina and may end up in the same position

Discuss
We've added about 20 players in 3 seasons and changed the manager/backroom three times. We are seeing the team start to gel. We will be much improved next season, but there is still a big gulf to the top 6.

Hopefully utd are starting to fall again, arsenal could do the same (but may improve next season now that Emery is settled). Spurs might struggle if they have to tighten the purse strings or sell key players to fund new signings (rumours of eriksen being sold).

This is not an easy league!

Moyes got West Ham 13th last season.
Pellegrini spent £120m and may end up in the same position.

Discuss yer ma.
They already have more points then last season and like I said they have had a lot of players out with long term injuries. Anyhow they are higher then 13th

Now that Digne, Bernard and Richarlison have settled it's a great sign for next season.

Keane is getting back to the player we knew from a few years ago, and Coleman has improved as the season has progressed. Pickford seemed to have calmed down and is letting his perfomances do the talking.

We need to do all we can to sign Gomes, and Zouma too if possible as he works very well alongside Keane.

Get a decent striker in and we will be a very good team.

It is not that long ago that Sam Allyrdyce was appointed to avoid the risk of us slipping into a relegation battle. After the Southampton defeat I thought we were in serious trouble .
Our problems will not be sorted overnight and we will not become top four challengers overnight either.
Next season we hope for further improvement and hopefully will be the "best of the rest " by some distance or even challenging for the sixth spot. As well as that hopefully we will see more successful activity in the transfer market incoming and outgoing.
The season after that will give us a real idea of how good a team under Silva can be and that will be his third at the club.... hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.