• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely crying here. What makes you think our bin fire of a squad was any better than theirs?
That bin fire of a squad finished above all of their squads, despite having a more hectic schedule with the Europa and having three managers in a season.

Right, so I’ll go back to the beginning, are you saying that Burnley’s squad was better than ours last season because they finished above us?
Why would you go back to the beginning? I’ve told you consistently that I’m comparing the teams: Everton, Leicester, West Ham, Watford and Wolves. You keep bringing up Burnley, either because you’re not understanding, or you’ve realised you sound like a plank.

Why would you go back to the beginning? I’ve told you consistently that I’m comparing the teams: Everton, Leicester, West Ham, Watford and Wolves. You keep bringing up Burnley, either because you’re not understanding, or you’ve realised you sound like a plank.

Hahahahahaha I’m screaming. You’ve essentially said that Silva took over a worse squad than Burnley’s and now you’re seething that it’s been pointed out.

Hahahahahaha I’m screaming. You’ve essentially said that Silva took over a worse squad than Burnley’s and now you’re seething that it’s been pointed out.
You’re screaming? How old are you?

I haven’t mentioned Burnley, you’re the one who keeps mentioning Burnley. Burnley haven’t managed to stay at the level they were at last season.

I have said that we had a stronger squad than the teams we’re in contention with for 7th last season and we’ve since improved on that squad.

It really isn’t hard to understand.

You’re screaming? How old are you?

I haven’t mentioned Burnley, you’re the one who keeps mentioning Burnley. Burnley haven’t managed to stay at the level they were at last season.

I have said that we had a stronger squad than the teams we’re in contention with for 7th last season and we’ve since improved on that squad.

It really isn’t hard to understand.

Why are you mentioning all those other teams, just because they happen to be around us this season? So what? Silva took over last summer, when Silva took over we had a garbage squad that was, in my opinion worse than most of those teams. Regardless of them finishing above us, don’t care, that’s why I keep bringing Burnley up. Because they’re a good example of a team finishing above another team with a better squad.

Why are you mentioning all those other teams, just because they happen to be around us this season? So what? Silva took over last summer, when Silva took over we had a garbage squad that was, in my opinion worse than most of those teams. Regardless of them finishing above us, don’t care, that’s why I keep bringing Burnley up. Because they’re a good example of a team finishing above another team with a better squad.
I’m mentioning them teams because they’re the teams we’re currently competing with, not Burnley.

You were the one who brought up Leicester. We finished above them last season, with our woeful squad and we’ll probably finish above them again this season. That would be three years on the run we would have finished above them.

I believe the original point was that I shouldn’t expect to finish above them. I think that would suggest it isn’t some wild expectation.

Why would Silva get plaudits for this season? Jesus Christ.
Because he took on a huge job that was spiralling downwards. The players he had, the atmosphere at Goodison, the massive expectations of the fans.

He’s brought hope this season in Bernard, Gomes, Digne.....remember the feeling after beating Arsenal and Chelsea and getting a well deserved point against the RS. We were a million miles from those feelings last season. Of course he deserves credit.

If we beat Utd on Sunday, like many others on here you will probably not be so vociferous. If we lose, you will no doubt be at the forefront. Silva out etc.....

I’m mentioning them teams because they’re the teams we’re currently competing with, not Burnley.

You were the one who brought up Leicester. We finished above them last season, with our woeful squad and we’ll probably finish above them again this season. That would be three years on the run we would have finished above them.

I believe the original point was that I shouldn’t expect to finish above them. I think that would suggest it isn’t some wild expectation.

PICKFORD
COLEMAN KEANE zouma digne
GANA gomes
SIGURDSSON
richarlison DCL bernard
Of the current starting line up

6 players were in the squad last season
1 player has been promited as starter
4 players have improved since last season
5 new players starting (has been up to 6)

Thats a huge amount of upheaval even ignoring the mood in the squad in summer when so many were shown the door.

Factor in a new style of play and testing out certain players and experimenting with others and it doesnt look such an easy task.

I'd be really happy if we made the same amount of changes this summer and finished 7th next season. Building things takes time.

Because he took on a huge job that was spiralling downwards. The players he had, the atmosphere at Goodison, the massive expectations of the fans.

He’s brought hope this season in Bernard, Gomes, Digne.....remember the feeling after beating Arsenal and Chelsea and getting a well deserved point against the RS. We were a million miles from those feelings last season. Of course he deserves credit.

If we beat Utd on Sunday, like many others on here you will probably not be so vociferous. If we lose, you will no doubt be at the forefront. Silva out etc.....
The massive expectations of fans - what would they be?

Brands is the one in the driving seat for attracting new players, not Silva.

Yeah, it was a great feeling beating Arsenal and Chelsea, but then I also remember the feeling of losing to Southampton and Millwall, to end another season without a cup run and throwing two goal leads away at Bournemouth and Newcastle. That is without mentioning losing to an already relegated side.

You can’t just pick out results to suit your agenda, without looking at the bigger picture.

He has not been good enough, not by any stretch of the imagination.

Yeah, it was a great feeling beating Arsenal and Chelsea, but then I also remember the feeling of losing to Southampton and Millwall, to end another season without a cup run and throwing two goal leads away at Bournemouth and Newcastle. That is without mentioning losing to an already relegated side.

You can’t just pick out results to suit your agenda, without looking at the bigger picture.

Yeah YOU cant just pick out results to suit YOUR agenda lol

Losing to crap sides and being knocked out of cups early is not something Silva has brought with him exclusively you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.