Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading Andy Hunters article again who appeared to break the news - it basically sounds like Silva is "front runner" based on us looking at him back in November.

There actually isnt anything concrete confirming this.

So chill out lads nothing confirmed yet, if it is Silva in the end he gets my support albeit concerned, but still a chance we can land Fonesca or the like.

Reading Andy Hunters article again who appeared to break the news - it basically sounds like Silva is "front runner" based on us looking at him back in November.

There actually isnt anything concrete confirming this.

So chill out lads nothing confirmed yet, if it is Silva in the end he gets my support albeit concerned, but still a chance we can land Fonesca or the like.
Still not convinced that fonseca is a much better option

The bloke hasn’t even started yet and you can see how split the fan base is over this.

Wait until a few games are played and see what happens when the likes of Keane are encouraged to play a more expansive game
You might be right but if you are then our fans are part of the problem. If we can’t unite behind a new manager after that season then we don’t really deserve much success.

Lets wait and see - but when the club is having another rank average season with a bunch of players who are not gelling and with zero team spirit dont complain!

Sam Allardyce on brink of Everton exit

Sam Allardyce is set to leave Everton this week but the club’s interest in Marco Silva as his replacement is complicated by a continuing dispute with Watford, his former employers.

Allardyce’s departure after just six months in charge is likely to be confirmed after a meeting of the Everton hierarchy. The manager has become a target for supporters’ displeasure and there is a realisation that a summer of change must now play out to recover from an underwhelming campaign that has left the club divided.

Everton are keen to hire Silva, who was their target before Allardyce last November, but the situation is not straightforward because of the anger still felt by Watford over the events that led to the Portuguese coach’s dismissal in January. Everton’s offer of a compensation package of about £12 million was rejected by Watford, who then sacked Silva two months later after a downturn in results.

Watford released a statement saying that an “unwarranted approach by a Premier League rival” had effectively destabilised the 40-year-old and, as a consequence, their season. There remains an annoyance at boardroom level over Everton’s conduct.

It is still possible that Watford will seek a financial settlement from Everton and that means the process is complex. Silva has not received any compensation since his sacking and his representatives have been in touch with the League Managers Association.

That tangled scenario forms the backdrop to Everton’s latest managerial change. Roberto Martínez was sacked in May 2016, then Ronald Koeman in October 2017, with the interim manager David Unsworth stepping into the breach until November. Allardyce took 34 points from 24 league matches in charge, as Everton finished eighth, but his relationship with their supporters deteriorated over the course of a season that ended with a 3-1 defeat by West Ham United on Sunday.

Speaking on Sky Sports last night, Allardyce said: “Who knows what is going to happen next? The season is finished and I am going to have a meeting with Farhad [Moshiri, the club’s leading shareholder] this week and then I will go on my holidays.”

The club also have a meeting planned with Wayne Rooney’s representatives tomorrow after Everton instigated interest in him from the MLS side DC United. Rooney was angered by the move given the commitment he made when returning to his boyhood club last summer from Manchester United, and is waiting to see what role, if any, he now has in Everton’s future.

In addition, a replacement CEO is needed after Robert Elstone returned to rugby league, while Everton want PSV Eindhoven’s Marcel Brands to replace Steve Walsh as director of football.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/sam-allardyce-on-brink-of-everton-exit-md96tsl06

The one thing that has let us down since probably the Martinez era has been player signings (with some of Moyes' old team still performing key roles in the squad over 5 years after he left). Which I think is why this summer I almost think the DOF role is more important then the managers position.

As for Silva, he can obviously get players playing and in a more appealing manor then we are at the moment. I think it'd be a shrewd move and potentially a "Good fit"

Sam Allardyce on brink of Everton exit

Sam Allardyce is set to leave Everton this week but the club’s interest in Marco Silva as his replacement is complicated by a continuing dispute with Watford, his former employers.

Allardyce’s departure after just six months in charge is likely to be confirmed after a meeting of the Everton hierarchy. The manager has become a target for supporters’ displeasure and there is a realisation that a summer of change must now play out to recover from an underwhelming campaign that has left the club divided.

Everton are keen to hire Silva, who was their target before Allardyce last November, but the situation is not straightforward because of the anger still felt by Watford over the events that led to the Portuguese coach’s dismissal in January. Everton’s offer of a compensation package of about £12 million was rejected by Watford, who then sacked Silva two months later after a downturn in results.

Watford released a statement saying that an “unwarranted approach by a Premier League rival” had effectively destabilised the 40-year-old and, as a consequence, their season. There remains an annoyance at boardroom level over Everton’s conduct.

It is still possible that Watford will seek a financial settlement from Everton and that means the process is complex. Silva has not received any compensation since his sacking and his representatives have been in touch with the League Managers Association.

That tangled scenario forms the backdrop to Everton’s latest managerial change. Roberto Martínez was sacked in May 2016, then Ronald Koeman in October 2017, with the interim manager David Unsworth stepping into the breach until November. Allardyce took 34 points from 24 league matches in charge, as Everton finished eighth, but his relationship with their supporters deteriorated over the course of a season that ended with a 3-1 defeat by West Ham United on Sunday.

Speaking on Sky Sports last night, Allardyce said: “Who knows what is going to happen next? The season is finished and I am going to have a meeting with Farhad [Moshiri, the club’s leading shareholder] this week and then I will go on my holidays.”

The club also have a meeting planned with Wayne Rooney’s representatives tomorrow after Everton instigated interest in him from the MLS side DC United. Rooney was angered by the move given the commitment he made when returning to his boyhood club last summer from Manchester United, and is waiting to see what role, if any, he now has in Everton’s future.

In addition, a replacement CEO is needed after Robert Elstone returned to rugby league, while Everton want PSV Eindhoven’s Marcel Brands to replace Steve Walsh as director of football.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/sam-allardyce-on-brink-of-everton-exit-md96tsl06
Joyce!!!!

State of Watford.

If he’s going to be the manager, I’ll fully support him and of course hope he’s a success. I can’t honestly say I’m all that enthusiastic at the moment though and the other guy Fonseca , honestly know little about him to comment.

We can’t seem to be able to appoint a top draw manager so we have to go a level or two below that which for me is the vicious circle we are in and have been for years and probably the reason I’m not enthused much.

Forgive the negativity, the club just does my head in at times .

Status
Not open for further replies.