• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's face facts here - he does have a squad there to compete and a set of new players that, in his own words, fit his model.

Responsibility is his to get them firing now, no excuses.

Oh it's absolutely now his responsibility to get the players he has playing well, Leicester won the league with some absolute garbage like.

However I do think it's fair of him to point out that the job he's been given could have been easier if given what he repeatedly said he needed throughout the course of the window. It'll be interesting to see through any potential downturn who starts pointing the fingers at who

Oh it's absolutely now his responsibility to get the players he has playing well, Leicester won the league with some absolute garbage like.

However I do think it's fair of him to point out that the job he's been given could have been easier if given what he repeatedly said he needed throughout the course of the window. It'll be interesting to see through any potential downturn who starts pointing the fingers at who
We've still brought in seven players he wanted mate. Seven.

Just because we didn't secure an additional CB he may or may not have been prioritising doesn't immediately absolve him of blame should the season start poorly. That's a dangerous thought process and I'm willing to bet that's exactly what a number of blues would end up doing.

He's given Yerry Mina his full backing there and so he should as we've got a potentially class young CB who's already looking alright next to Keane. Be interesting to see how many minutes total Mina has played since joining Everton (at both club and international level) vs the amount of goals conceded in those minutes - willing to bet it's not many at all.

Let's face facts here - he does have a squad there to compete and a set of new players that, in his own words, fit his model.

Responsibility is his to get them firing now, no excuses.

Agree with the sentiment that the squad has improved, but it's also clear that we are still recovering from the pre-Brands Moshiri-era failings. We are still short in central midfield and central defence relative to what Marco wants eventually. He said today that we had targets but sometimes the market is difficult; and I'm glad we didn't pay over the odds for mediocrity.

My view is he's in a position to do better again this year than last year (points-wise) -- largely because the squad is used to his methods, but also because it has improved in some areas -- but if we end up with say 60-65 points, which could mean 7th or 8th depending on others, I wouldn't say it's underperformance.

Agree with the sentiment that the squad has improved, but it's also clear that we are still recovering from the pre-Brands Moshiri-era failings. We are still short in central midfield and central defence relative to what Marco wants eventually. He said today that we had targets but sometimes the market is difficult; and I'm glad we didn't pay over the odds for mediocrity.

My view is he's in a position to do better again this year than last year (points-wise) -- largely because the squad is used to his methods, but also because it has improved in some areas -- but if we end up with say 60-65 points, which could mean 7th or 8th depending on others, I wouldn't say it's underperformance.
That's honestly my view too mate. I'm totally fine with small improvements as long as the improvements are actually there.

If he doesn't improve on last season then, im sorry, but that rest solely on his shoulders. We've had a strong summer window again there so he really doesn't have an excuse (barring some bizarre injury pandemic hitting, or something).

60-65 points should be the target. Where that gets us table position-wise is up in the air.

Agree, the defence was chalk and cheese between the first and second half of the season last year. Keeping players together only improves your squad and we've not had massive turnover of the first team squad.

It is very risky to go to this time with such dependence on Mina. He will be playing international matches with his national team, will be tired or injured and we only have Holgate as an alternative. I know Gbamin may be a central defender, but he is another player who will ride with his national team Ivory Coast in international games during the season.

I am convinced that Morgan and Delph will be very important players this season with plenty of minutes to play.

We've still brought in seven players he wanted mate. Seven.

Just because we didn't secure an additional CB he may or may not have been prioritising doesn't immediately absolve him of blame should the season start poorly. That's a dangerous thought process and I'm willing to bet that's exactly what a number of blues would end up doing.

He's given Yerry Mina his full backing there and so he should as we've got a potentially class young CB who's already looking alright next to Keane. Be interesting to see how many minutes total Mina has played since joining Everton (at both club and international level) vs the amount of goals conceded in those minutes - willing to bet it's not many at all.

I don't think I actually said this to be fair. I think it's up to him now to play with what he does have, the two starting centre halves both cost 25m+ and are full internationals so should be more than capable.
However say Mina does get injured the picture completely changes and he's left with either a youth player to fill or the CDM he bought as a direct replacement for Gana.
Primarily it's his job now to get the players ticking, but equally if the worst does happen and were knackered because we don't have adequate cover I think it's fine for him to point to his specific request of an additional CB throughout the window, regardless of how many other players we brought in during the window

If we do more that 60 points, is positive, is a improvement and with that points we will get 7th. I don´t see any time outside of the Big Six do that points. For example, Wolves with Europe now, they will not the same amount of points than last season. Something between 60 or 65 points, is good for us

The ESK was right.

By September we will have a net spend of probably around £5-15 million.

Reduced the wage bill a LOT.

It now leaves no excuses in the next two windows. Might see some of this ambition we keep getting told about.

Onto the actual football now, hope Marco smashes it this season.

We have some very talented attacking players now. Down to Silva to make them tick.

The ESK was right.

It now leaves no excuses in the next two windows. Might see some of this ambition we keep getting told about.

Witsel is finally ours??

The ESK was right.

Looking forward to Mata running out in Royal blue then as Esk was adamant he would.

Silva likes his teams to be physical and hard working. Loosing Zoumas recovery pace and gueyes motor isn’t ideal but you have to adapt.

Kean/ DCL
Bernard/Iwobi Sigz/Iwobi Richy/ Walcott

Is genuine competition for spots in the front half all are hard workers and suit a pressing system to a tee

Gomes/Delph Gblammo/Davies/Scheids

Decent options with a good mix of power and creativity should provide a good base.

Dinge/Baines Coleman/Sidbide excellent fb options perfect for our style of play.

CB Mina/Keane good on ball and in the air mobility a concern and no depth.

We have a young squad full of hardworking athletic players barring injury disaster to CB I’d expect us to be tough to beat and score on the counter often

Status
Not open for further replies.