• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silva's Pre Game P/C For Palace Game

Alex Iwobi Signing
It was not just Alex left late. It was a busy week.
If you ask us as a club if we tried to do everything before and to plan and work with the players during the pre-season it was always the best scenario.
The market was difficult for all. We have tried.
Since we lost Lookman in that position we have looked for wingers.
Alex is a quality player, that is the most important thing for me.
He can play wide and behind the striker and gives us different solutions.

Wilfried Zaha Rumours
We have our targets. Alex was one of our main targets.
When you are planning a squad, we plan with some names. I did my job with the names for our football structure.
We had names, the market was difficult. When we lost Lookman we looked for one winger, not two. We have a very good player.

Zaha to Face Everton?
It is out of my control.
It was not just our club interested in Zaha.
He is a very good player but he is not our player. If he plays or not it is for Roy to decide not for me.
It will be a tough game with or without.

Transfer Window Assessment
When you plan one window, and we did last season, it is always to improve our squad to give me better solutions.
Our squad is deeper but you have to look for the general picture.
We lost two important players. It is not easy to look to the Premier League and see two important players lost.
18 players left the club this summer. We signed seven. Let’s see what will happen until the end of August.
If you look for the money spent and the money come in we spent £28m.
I know you like to just look for one way but we have to look for all scenarios.
We are happy, we always want more, but we are happy.

Morgan Schneiderlin Future
It is impossible for him to leave our squad.
We lost Gana in that position. Good luck to him.
For that position we have Morgan or JP Gbamin. We have two players for that position. He will be our player to the end.

Mirallas, Bolasie, Martina Future
Something will happen. I have my squad closed. I will work with the players I have.

Marcos Rojo Bid
It is what it is. It is football. It is not the best scenario to start the season with three players.

Yerry Mina Chance
We never had doubts about Yerry Mina.
When he was fit he was really important for us. Mina is more adapted now and in better shape.
He lost pre-season last year and since he came back from Copa America he did not miss one session.
He is getting better every day. It is a fantastic chance for him to show the quality he has.
If you ask me if I prefer more competition in that position it is true but I am here to manage the players we have.

Kurt Zouma Update
He is no longer our player. It is not the best to talk about him.
Since he left we knew it would be difficult like some of the others we tried.
We tried to get different players also. Now we have to look for Mina, Michael and Mason and work with them.
I never had doubts about Zouma’s quality. We helped him to perform well and it is my job to do the same for them.

Season Targets
The target is to do better than we did last season. No doubts about that.
I know better the club, our players and everything is more clear for us.
Our target is to do better in the Premier League, both cups and to do something special in the FA Cup and League Cup and Premier League.

Fabian Delph Injury Update
Fabian Delph is ruled out of tomorrow’s trip to Crystal Palace.
Leighton Baines could also miss the season opener.

On Crystal Palace
Winning the game will be tough. To go there and play a football match and win is always our goal.
Some of their players I know well. It will be tough like always when you go there.

On VAR
I am positive. The way they use VAR will be very good.
I know fans have their doubts but when you talk about the pace and intensity, the doubts are about how you will stop the football match.
I think it will help the referee to take better decisions.

New Everton Captain
I will not say the name to you now.
There will be no big difference to last season.
We had Jags, Leighton, Coleman and sometimes Gylfi and Tom.
It will be within these names. Of course you will know next week better.

Alex Iwobi Potential
The position we are looking to him is coming from the left and behind the striker.
He can play on the right also but we are looking from the left and behind the striker.
He is a strong player and good skills also. I want him to score more goals. He will help us.
He can put good intensity into the match. He will give different solutions to me.
We are happy with Richarlison, Bernard and Theo Walcott and he will look to improve.

Alex Iwobi Signing
If you ask us as a club if we tried to do everything before and to plan and work with the players during the pre-season it was always the best scenario.

Wilfried Zaha Rumours
When you are planning a squad, we plan with some names. I did my job with the names for our football structure.
We had names, the market was difficult. When we lost Lookman we looked for one winger, not two. We have a very good player.

Zaha to Face Everton?
It is out of my control.
He is a very good player but he is not our player. If he plays or not it is for Roy to decide not for me.

When you plan one window, and we did last season, it is always to improve our squad to give me better solutions.
We lost two important players. It is not easy to look to the Premier League and see two important players lost.
18 players left the club this summer. We signed seven. Let’s see what will happen until the end of August.

For that position we have Morgan or JP Gbamin. We have two players for that position. He will be our player to the end.

Something will happen. I have my squad closed. I will work with the players I have.

Marcos Rojo Bid
It is what it is. It is football. It is not the best scenario to start the season with three players.

Yerry Mina Chance
When he was fit he was really important for us. Mina is more adapted now and in better shape.
He lost pre-season last year and since he came back from Copa America he did not miss one session.
He is getting better every day. It is a fantastic chance for him to show the quality he has.
If you ask me if I prefer more competition in that position it is true but I am here to manage the players we have.

Kurt Zouma Update
We tried to get different players also. Now we have to look for Mina, Michael and Mason and work with them.
I never had doubts about Zouma’s quality. We helped him to perform well and it is my job to do the same for them.

Season Targets
Our target is to do better in the Premier League, both cups and to do something special in the FA Cup and League Cup and Premier League.

On Crystal Palace
Winning the game will be tough. To go there and play a football match and win is always our goal.
Some of their players I know well. It will be tough like always when you go there.

On VAR
I know fans have their doubts but when you talk about the pace and intensity, the doubts are about how you will stop the football match.

New Everton Captain

Alex Iwobi Potential
The position we are looking to him is coming from the left and behind the striker.
He can play on the right also but we are looking from the left and behind the striker.
He is a strong player and good skills also. I want him to score more goals. He will help us.
He can put good intensity into the match. He will give different solutions to me.
We are happy with Richarlison, Bernard and Theo Walcott and he will look to improve.
Very interesting, sounded rather miffed about his defensive options or lack of them and he is right.
Thanks for sharing this mate .

Alex Iwobi Signing

Wilfried Zaha Rumours

Zaha to Face Everton?
It is out of my control.

Marcos Rojo Bid

Yerry Mina Chance

Kurt Zouma Update

Season Targets

On Crystal Palace

On VAR

New Everton Captain

Alex Iwobi Potential

This is brilliant, thanks mate.

I think it’s generally positive barring cb where we should really have one more player. Maybe a freebie will sort it, who knows. If not this is a huge opportunity for Holgate and Gibson, plus we can see if they’re capable at this level.

We are happy, we always want more, but we are happy

Despite the last sentence, that's not a feller who believes the squad has improved its quality.

He's preparing everyone for a reasonable PL campaign and having a better go in the cups.

Doesn't seem particularly made up with the squad to be fair. Cites losing two key players, only having 3 centre backs and only spending 28 mil net.

Guess it's up to him now to work with what he's got but he's getting his reasonings in early

Doesn't seem particularly made up with the squad to be fair. Cites losing two key players, only having 3 centre backs and only spending 28 mil net.

Guess it's up to him now to work with what he's got but he's getting his reasonings in early
Let's face facts here - he does have a squad there to compete and a set of new players that, in his own words, fit his model.

Responsibility is his to get them firing now, no excuses.

Not his biggest fan but he's right to be aggrieved.

Going into the season with just Keane and Mina at CB is a shambles (Holgate isnt included as he's a championship level defender).

The Zaha saga was a shambles aswell

We are happy, we always want more, but we are happy

Despite the last sentence, that's not a feller who believes the squad has improved its quality.

He's preparing everyone for a reasonable PL campaign and having a better go in the cups.

Not even £28m when one of the lad moves to Monaco for £12m or so and the like in Bolasie and Mirallas leave on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.