• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although our position has not changed materially from this time last year the football we play is far easier on the eye and has even been a joy occasionally. You could never say that about Sam's team.

Yup we have came an awful long way since them dark days last season

Season 2017/18 - Week 36

League Position----Team-------Played----Points
8.___________________Everton______36_______48

Season 2018/19 - Week 36

League Position----Team-------Played-----Points
8.____________________Everton______36_______50

Pmsl :eek:lol
Bring back Fat Sam. All is forgiven

The biggest improvement I've enjoyed is that we don't cower to the top 6 we actually try and fight and look to win which is a massive change compared to recent managers, We've been good against all of them apart from Spurs, Beating the lower teams will hopefully become easier with just that bit of quality added.

In general, it’s actually become enjoyable going to the match again.

That to me says we’re making progress.

For me a 7th place finish would make it a barely satisfactory season for his first one. Far too many losses to call it anything above that and the cup runs were poor. For a long time it seemed he was out of his depth but he's managed to turn it around with some decent results in the final third of the season to justify keeping him on for another season. Who knows what will happen after that?

I'm not angry with today at all. We totally dominated them, and it's not often in the Premier league you can go away from home and be completely comfortable for 90 minutes but that's what we were today.

In recent weeks, our chances have been falling for the likes of Richarlison and Sigurdsson, who are both far better finishers than Calvert-Lewin who most of our chances fell to today. He is not very good in front of goal and we need to buy a starting striker in the summer, not someone who is going to provide him competition.

You've got to give Silva credit for sorting out our defence. Keane and Zouma, along with Gana in midfield, were all outstanding today yet again. I've never been on the Silva out bandwagon but I did believe that his inability to solve our defensive issues would cost him his job. The way he has turned it around is very encouraging.

In general, it’s actually become enjoyable going to the match again.

That to me says we’re making progress.
If it looks like a dog, barks like a dog and takes a leak on a lamppost like a dog... then most likely it's a dog. I use the same mantra when watching football.

I can see with my own eyes a great improvement from our turgid periods this season and even more so that that under the neanderthal that was 'The Gravy Train'.

Yes there'll be people who are happy to browbeat Marco and the players by using the comparison of last season, but that ignores the improves we've seen recently.

What defending set pieces? Nah it's still zonal. We are just being far more aggressive, which of course is imperative whichever system you use.

I watched with interest in the chelsea game and i def saw closer marking on set pieces. But you might be right. It may have just been more hunger to attack the ball that made them seem closer to any runners.
Either way. As long as its not as comical as it was will do me.

Yup we have came an awful long way since them dark days last season

Season 2017/18 - Week 36

League Position----Team-------Played----Points
8.___________________Everton______36_______48

Season 2018/19 - Week 36

League Position----Team-------Played-----Points
8.____________________Everton______36_______50

Pmsl :eek:lol
one more win than last season
scored more than last season
conceded less than last season
baby steps into giant strides ;)

People comparing this season to last season because of similar finishing position are not seeing what is important. We were extremely lucky to finish 8th last season. We had some woefull games with zero shots on target and somehow managed to get a result.
The football we now play is night and day compared to what was served up under Allardyce. We are starting to get results against the so called "big six" which we haven't done on a consistent basis for years.
Marco has definitely earned a second season to see how far he can take us, i am quietly confident happier times are coming for us long suffering blues fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.