• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine then. Should've said much better instead of slightly better. They both have similar ways of setting up a team is the point, look to not concede first and try to control every detail of the players roles out on the pitch. Defensive control freaks with very little interest in letting players express themselves. Fine for some, but definitely not for me. It's less likely to get you sustained success and not very enjoyable.
Honestly, if we made the CL with Benitez would you care about any of that?

Honestly, if we made the CL with Benitez would you care about any of that?

I do care quite a bit about how the game is played yeah. I didn't like Koeman but supported him and thought he did ok first season. I couldn't support the last guy at all, and I think if we got Benitez I'd struggle to care about it all until he was gone. A fleeting one off champs league qualification to balance out all the negatives of employing him....no I don't think I'd be too happy.

Of course I'm not saying in any of this that Silva is great and is going to come good. Haven't a clue if he will. I'm just hoping he pulls some performances together before end of season to calm things going into a big big summer.

The only solution you have offered so far is get Jose Conte or Mancini. They will want big money signings as they have had that at whatever club they've gone to. Do you believe we can currently as of right now with the wage bill we have pay the wages of one of those managers AND get in the level of player they would want.

It's fine to just say show ambition, but do you think in our current state we can do the above? And another question , do you think it's a good idea to spend that level of money given the mess we have made in the transfer market recently? What about the risk if Jose doesn't work out and we need to go again but now we have even higher paid players sitting around not wanting to play for us and an even bigger managers payout to make.

The reason I'm asking the details of IF we can get one of your proven managers and how we can realistically do it, is because I think you should care about the decision making. It can have a massive impact for years to come, as we saw with the transfer window two summers ago.

You want Silva sacked, but I'm asking you the details of what we should do after that and whether your plan is possible.

I have already answered you in the last post. If Silva is sacked and this club is unable to entice those proven manager then the next appointment is rested in the hands of Brands. Whether I give you name is meaningless just like you believe Benitez is no better manager than Silva despite he won major titles including the Champions League.

I have repeatedly asked you why do you think Silva can take this club forward your excuse is “what if” the next manager does not work out. Then why did we sack Martinez and Koeman in the first place?

Silva is not working out. This season is already not working out and no evidence is suggesting everything will turn out fine next season.

What do you think the aspiration of this club is? I hope you will back Silva forever. By the time he leaves I would tell you “I told you so”.

• Fairwell, Marco

Koff will you Marco, your work here is done,
    On a 1-to-10 scale I would rate you with none,

I tried to support you, I tried oh so hard,
    But the efforts you made left my eyes feeling scarred,

So goodbye to you, I can't wish you well,
    After several games your team sure did smell,

One day your team may add some bite to its bark,
    But for sure that will not be at Goodison Park.
    WTF?!

Results are the only thing that matter to YOU. Please try to remember that many fans have a love of the beautiful game as it is known and don't want to watch % football every week.

The last manager achieved very little and was not wanted and was booted out. Thank god.

The current manager is doing badly but was hired with long term in mind. It is harder to try to play football with a crap squad and new signings as I have said to you before. A harder task than parking the bus. So on that basis, with a harder task, he is 12pts off our points total of last season. If he gets to that point or close to it I think it's an average season but understandable given the mess we have been in for a while. Not good but understandable.

If you want immediate success with every manager that comes in you are going to be disappointed most of the time. He cannot change the way we play and they way Brands wants us playing for the coming seasons if he is just going to throw everything out the window and park the bus to get a few more results and points to keep some angry fans happy for now. That's short term thinking that has us in this mess.

I believe he will finish top 10 and I said at the start of the season I'd take that whilst he changes things, but next season it obviously has to look much better than this. As with his own players fully bedded in and hopefully more crap sold and more decent signings and an actual striker signed then obviously his task gets easier and more should be demanded.

At most....we let him go in the summer if we have another decent progressive manager lined up. The shouts for Jose Mancini or Conte are terrible as people are just not thinking when they call for them. Those managers demand top signings of the kind we will not be making for a few seasons at least. Those managers or old dinosaurs types like the last guy or Moyes are not what we need. If we boot out Silva it will be somebody from the same pool of promising but not quite proven managers, and I hope we choose wisely whether at end of this season or end of next season if Silva hasn't done the job.

Where's your long term thinking here? We are hamstrung by the signings and the wage bill left us by Koeman and Walsh, so people screaming for him to be sacked should be taking that into account and advise us what the plan is here? If our options for manager are all going to be some kind of gamble due to the situation we are in, are you going to look for all of them to be sacked if things don't go well right away?

Spot on, however the same few would still be shedding a tear for Allardyce even if we were in the top four.

Collectively they`re quite an odd bunch.

Fairwell, Marco

giphy.gif

I do care quite a bit about how the game is played yeah. I didn't like Koeman but supported him and thought he did ok first season. I couldn't support the last guy at all, and I think if we got Benitez I'd struggle to care about it all until he was gone. A fleeting one off champs league qualification to balance out all the negatives of employing him....no I don't think I'd be too happy.

Of course I'm not saying in any of this that Silva is great and is going to come good. Haven't a clue if he will. I'm just hoping he pulls some performances together before end of season to calm things going into a big big summer.

Then you have an agenda on certain people. You said you would struggle to support the club while they are here (or if). So results don’t court, it’s whether you like him as a person counts.

I have already answered you in the last post. If Silva is sacked and this club is unable to entice those proven manager then the next appointment is rested in the hands of Brands. Whether I give you name is meaningless just like you believe Benitez is no better manager than Silva despite he won major titles including the Champions League.

I have repeatedly asked you why do you think Silva can take this club forward your excuse is “what if” the next manager does not work out. Then why did we sack Martinez and Koeman in the first place?

Silva is not working out. This season is already not working out and no evidence is suggesting everything will turn out fine next season.

What do you think the aspiration of this club is? I hope you will back Silva forever. By the time he leaves I would tell you “I told you so”.

You haven't answered HK. How would you entice those managers given the situation we are in now, and do you believe it's a good idea to spend all the money on those managers and their chosen signings considering out current situation? This is your plan for after sacking Silva so how do we do it and can we do it?

Then if you agree we cannot get them, or that it's not a good idea, what kind of manager do you expect them to get and how long will you give them next season if it's not going well?

The 'what if' was not an excuse, it was a question as to your opinion on the risk of that happening at this moment in time with the club.

Silva is not going well. I agree. We just disagree on how much blame is on him and how much on the mess of a squad he is attempting to sort out. I wouldn't completely disagree if he was sacked in the summer, but if you are posting every day about getting him out the door I would have thought you'd have an idea of what the club can do next.

Last edited:
Spot on, however the same few would still be shedding a tear for Allardyce even if we were in the top four.

Collectively they`re quite an odd bunch.

Who won more points in average and conceded less goals? Allardyce or Silva simple question. They don’t even have the same squad.

Fairwell, Marco

o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.