• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly would depend on 2 things for me:

1. Their past credentials (I would be willing to give more time if said manager had success prior in a competitive league)

2.if there are any signs of progress on the pitch.

Right now Silva's only experience is in SPL standard leagues and his previous 2 jobs in england resulted in relegation and a sacking.

I just cant justify him getting any longer based on current form this season.

a fair and reasonable post, although if being really fair it would be noted that just saying relegated and sacked to describe his last two jobs is painting them as black and white situations when we both know they weren't.

give it a rest though with the repetitive cries of disbelief with the fact some fans want to give a manager time. some fans can see its not good at all right now but can see the mitigating circumstances for that and would like to get more of these players booted out in the summer and see how we do.

its perfectly understandable that many want him sacked. of course it is. but i don't think the opposite opinion is really as incredulous as some make out on here.

they've brought him in as he has shown promise in a short career, and given the lack of guarantees with that type of appointment its no surprise to me that they might give him next season unless we plummet down the table in the next few games.

the spending is firstly going to depend on how many of the 10 or more players that we need to get off the wage bill can we actually get rid of.

then according to Brands we will target younger players on lower wages but that might cost a slightly higher fee than we might expect.

if this is our current plan forward, is your plan to sack Silva and rip up that plan to get Conte and try to sign top players and pay even higher wages than we have now?

is your plan basically sack the manager and spend lots of money? you dont mention anything of the actual current situation we are in with regards to the wage bill and what that means for our options in the manager market.

i say again, its easy to say sack Silva and complain every day. but offering a plan of only "spend lots of money on the best" with no analysis of our reality right now is not much use really.

we are talking about an actual plan after you get the sacking you want. whether benitez or whoever is better than our current manager is another discussion.

Again, there is no contradiction. A top player can be at a good age.

The plan to get rid of players who are not wanted is under the command of Brands and we shall see how successful is he this summer.

I have said this time and time again. It depends on what the actual ambition of the board. If they want success and bring Everton back to the glory days what makes you believe the current manager has the right attributes to do that? If they think ok, 7th and perhaps a cup in a couple of seasons then I also doubt whether the current manager is the right choice because he has no credential to suggest he can do this other than blind faith to believe he can.

In case the abovementioned “proven” managers do not want to join this club I think the next manager choice shall be rested on the hand of Brands because that’s his job. Say if Silva survives after the summer and the club lingering in midtable this Christmas without the sacking I guess the action tell you the actual ambition of the club.

Ok. Thank you.

So how do you entice Conte Mourinho or Mancini if we aren't going to be signing top players? They all like to get in big money signings when they enter a club.

Do you think that's a good policy when we have players on high wages that we might not even be able to sell? Don't you believe there are risks to that considering what has happened over the last few seasons?

It's easy to say get those big names but what's your thoughts on the above? How does the club go about it?

Van Gaal and Benitez. What is honestly more likely with those? We break top 4 and build the squad to challenge for a title....or they do okay, make us solid and get fired after a bad season? Apart from the fact Benitez should never be allowed near the Everton managers job, he is a slightly better version of Moyes % football which brings with it a glass ceiling in my opinion. I'd be surprised if you can honestly see him having us challenging for the title...he would be given no time at all just like the last manager because he would be largely hated. I don't see how that is a good solution for where we are now as a club?

Moyes.....how are you going to get to the next step with Moyes? Or is your goal just to be safe and stable? We are talking about how to move forward.

So how do you make your plan work?

Rafael's "glass ceiling" includes league titles and Champions League trophies.

I know! lol

How completely and utterly baffling comparing Champions League winner Rafael Benitez (with awful players such as Biscan, Smicer and Traore as mainstays of their team, no less! Some achievement, right?) with serial knife-to-a-gunfight-bringer David Moyes. Damn that glass ceiling!

Unreal.

Eddie Howe has got the new Moyes feeling about him but I just wouldn't fancy him at all.
Oh god no
BFS was right when saying he hadn't the players to play good attacking football so what was the point in trying and losing. So people can say 'at least he has them tryna play good stuff'. He knew he hadn't the players so went and got results. People say when we were safe why didn't he start trying to play some ball?.... erm because wed slip back doend the table maybe?
Didnt want him then, dont want him now - but Allardyce knows what he’s doing and is probably a better manager than the one we currently have. People saying he’s stupid and dont know how football works should look in the mirror. Most manager doesnt make it in this league, BFS hasnt only been a main stay, he’s been doing the actual hardest job in management - and succeding every time. If its ‘just’ playing with everyone behind the ball, why arnt other managers doing the same when in a bad spot, and stay out of the relegation battle? Nothing is that simple in football, and a lot more than ‘just’ putting everyone behind the ball goes into staying up.

Last edited:
Oh god no

Didnt want him then, dont want him now - but Allardyce knows what he’s doing and is probably a better manager than the one we currently have. People saying he’s stupid and dont know how football works should look in the mirror. Most manager doesnt make it in this league, BFS hasnt only been a main stay, he’s been doing the actual hardest job in management - and succeding every time. If its ‘just’ playing with everyone behind the ball, why arnt other managers doing the same when in a bad spot, and stay out of the relegation battle? Nothing is that simple in football, and a lot more than ‘just’ putting everyone behind the ball goes into staying up.
YEAH BUT HE DIDNT GET THE CLUB DOE

Again, there is no contradiction. A top player can be at a good age.

The plan to get rid of players who are not wanted is under the command of Brands and we shall see how successful is he this summer.

I have said this time and time again. It depends on what the actual ambition of the board. If they want success and bring Everton back to the glory days what makes you believe the current manager has the right attributes to do that? If they think ok, 7th and perhaps a cup in a couple of seasons then I also doubt whether the current manager is the right choice because he has no credential to suggest he can do this other than blind faith to believe he can.

In case the abovementioned “proven” managers do not want to join this club I think the next manager choice shall be rested on the hand of Brands because that’s his job. Say if Silva survives after the summer and the club lingering in midtable this Christmas without the sacking I guess the action tell you the actual ambition of the club.

The only solution you have offered so far is get Jose Conte or Mancini. They will want big money signings as they have had that at whatever club they've gone to. Do you believe we can currently as of right now with the wage bill we have pay the wages of one of those managers AND get in the level of player they would want.

It's fine to just say show ambition, but do you think in our current state we can do the above? And another question , do you think it's a good idea to spend that level of money given the mess we have made in the transfer market recently? What about the risk if Jose doesn't work out and we need to go again but now we have even higher paid players sitting around not wanting to play for us and an even bigger managers payout to make.

The reason I'm asking the details of IF we can get one of your proven managers and how we can realistically do it, is because I think you should care about the decision making. It can have a massive impact for years to come, as we saw with the transfer window two summers ago.

You want Silva sacked, but I'm asking you the details of what we should do after that and whether your plan is possible.

YEAH BUT HE DIDNT GET THE CLUB DOE
I know youre post is tongue in cheeky, but had our football been more entertaining, nobody would have cared. Allardyce football was usually boring, but it was nice seeing our players getting pressured and knowing how to deal with it. Now, like under Martinez, they just seem to panic when pushed. When we conceded that first goal against newcastle, a ton of us instantly wrote «we’re loosing this one» in the game thread, and we ofc did. Seeing your team just fold after leading the game by 2 goals is just sad and pathetic. I think Jordan lost that game for us, but Silva didnt help him at all.
Im not a manager, but constantly drilling defence and organizition cant be a bad thing, right? Gods know why its not being done properly at Everton.

Fine then. Should've said much better instead of slightly better. They both have similar ways of setting up a team is the point, look to not concede first and try to control every detail of the players roles out on the pitch. Defensive control freaks with very little interest in letting players express themselves. Fine for some, but definitely not for me. It's less likely to get you sustained success and not very enjoyable.

Fairwell, Marco

Koff will you Marco, your work here is done,
On a 1-to-10 scale I would rate you with none,

I tried to support you, I tried oh so hard,
But the efforts you made left my eyes feeling scarred,

So goodbye to you, I can't wish you well,
After several games your team sure did smell,

One day your team may add some bite to its bark,
But for sure that will not be at Goodison Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.