• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Thank you.

So how do you entice Conte Mourinho or Mancini if we aren't going to be signing top players? They all like to get in big money signings when they enter a club.

Do you think that's a good policy when we have players on high wages that we might not even be able to sell? Don't you believe there are risks to that considering what has happened over the last few seasons?

It's easy to say get those big names but what's your thoughts on the above? How does the club go about it?

Van Gaal and Benitez. What is honestly more likely with those? We break top 4 and build the squad to challenge for a title....or they do okay, make us solid and get fired after a bad season? Apart from the fact Benitez should never be allowed near the Everton managers job, he is a slightly better version of Moyes % football which brings with it a glass ceiling in my opinion. I'd be surprised if you can honestly see him having us challenging for the title...he would be given no time at all just like the last manager because he would be largely hated. I don't see how that is a good solution for where we are now as a club?

Moyes.....how are you going to get to the next step with Moyes? Or is your goal just to be safe and stable? We are talking about how to move forward.

So how do you make your plan work?

The only valid point I agree is that we do sign some average overpriced players (and bad one of course) with high wages under Martinez, Walsh, Koeman and BFS. Brands and Silva must deal with them due to bad scouting of the previous management.

Whether the board can entice those “proven” managers I really don’t know because it really depends on what they would want to achieve in the league.

Van Gaal and Benitez (a RS so he won’t come anyway) actually won major trophies that’s my point. I don’t understand why some people believe Benitez is an average manager (cos he’s a RS?). Please take a look at the list of trophies he had won in the past.

Regarding Moyes I mean if that is a straight choice between Moyes and Silva only, from day 1 I rather have Moyes back. I did say if we have no other option.

I would like to ask you again because you fail to answer. What makes you think Silva can lead this club to glory (complete with top 6 and win trophies)?

BFS was right when saying he hadn't the players to play good attacking football so what was the point in trying and losing. So people can say 'at least he has them tryna play good stuff'. He knew he hadn't the players so went and got results. People say when we were safe why didn't he start trying to play some ball?.... erm because wed slip back doend the table maybe?

BFS was right when saying he hadn't the players to play good attacking football so what was the point in trying and losing. So people can say 'at least he has them tryna play good stuff'. He knew he hadn't the players so went and got results. People say when we were safe why didn't he start trying to play some ball?.... erm because wed slip back doend the table maybe?
Sam knew what he was doing, we didnt like it, but he had a job to do and did it, however this clown now has an idea of what he would like to do but no idea how to do it, even with the players. Only Everton could get rid of Fat Sam and take a backward step

A man to be respected, for sure. He knew the limitations to the team and knew he was nowhere near our first choice. Negotiated a deal that was going to leave him with millions in the bank regardless of performance, and used his know-how to get us safe. Don't see how anybody can complain. The fans were hardly respectful towards him right from the get-go.

The only valid point I agree is that we do sign some average overpriced players (and bad one of course) with high wages under Martinez, Walsh, Koeman and BFS. Brands and Silva must deal with them due to bad scouting of the previous management.

Whether the board can entice those “proven” managers I really don’t know because it really depends on what they would want to achieve in the league.

Van Gaal and Benitez (a RS so he won’t come anyway) actually won major trophies that’s my point. I don’t understand why some people believe Benitez is an average manager (cos he’s a RS?). Please take a look at the list of trophies he had won in the past.

Regarding Moyes I mean if that is a straight choice between Moyes and Silva only, from day 1 I rather have Moyes back. I did say if we have no other option.

I would like to ask you again because you fail to answer. What makes you think Silva can lead this club to glory (complete with top 6 and win trophies)?

but i put to you clearly the reason its unlikely and difficult to get Jose Mancini or Conte. how does the club do that if we are not going to sign the top players they will want?

and do you think its a good idea financially and for where the club is at right now to change all our plans and spend big money on a manager and then more big money and wages on the players they would ask for?

if you dont think Van Gaal Benitez or Moyes are an option for us right now to take us forward if we sack Silva then lets forget about them. im talking about an actual plan if we sack him?

lets talk about Silva after. i have no problem answering your questions. i want to know what you think we should do practically speaking after you get the sacking you want

Last edited:

Assisting Unsy officially for the game against Norwich. My hazy brain remembers it vaguely. Why he didn't assist when Unsy took the reigns after Koeman is now a question I would ask with the benefit of hindsight - it would have removed that incident when he came down to help Unsworth out as he would have been there already.

Anyway, Marco Silva...

Not convinced personally.

but i put to you clearly the reason its unlikely and difficult to get Jose Mancini or Conte. how does the club do that if we are not going to sign the top players they will want?

and do you think its a good idea financially and for where the club is at right now to change all our plans and spend big money on a manager and then more big money and wages on the players they would ask for?

if you think Van Gaal Benitez or Moyes are an option for us right now to take us forward if we sack Silva then lets forget about them. im talking about an actual plan if we sack him?

lets talk about Silva after. i have no problem answering your questions. i want to know what you think we should do practically speaking after you get the sacking you want

If you don’t have a top manager and top players (top 6 quality like) how can a club is going to complete with the best out there? As I have said, it depends on the board’s ambition. What do they really want Everton to achieve when the club move to the new stadium? Challenging top 6 or lingering at 12th place?

If the spending is going to continue why not a top manager? I don’t see a contradiction.

I do believe the Dol is employed to take good care of the transfer activities so with a competent one this club should be ok as long as we no longer spend big on the like in Bolasie and McCarthy etc.

You think Van Gaal and Benitez are not better option than Silva that‘s fine. I cannot agree with you.

if you dont think Van Gaal Benitez or Moyes are an option for us right now to take us forward if we sack Silva then lets forget about them. im talking about an actual plan if we sack him?

It’s not what I want. It’s what the board’s actual ambition is. If we want to complete with top 6 then go and get a proven manager. If we want to continue with getting a couple of 11th place then Silva is absolutely fine.

I didn't say his point wasnt valid, I have continued the discussion with him thank you. Enough with your constant straw man arguments.

I've covered Mancini and Van Gaal in the last post, but say we get any of the others and they finish 11th next season? What's the plan then?

Honestly would depend on 2 things for me:

1. Their past credentials (I would be willing to give more time if said manager had success prior in a competitive league)

2.if there are any signs of progress on the pitch.

Right now Silva's only experience is in SPL standard leagues and his previous 2 jobs in england resulted in relegation and a sacking.

I just cant justify him getting any longer based on current form this season.

If you don’t have a top manager and top players (top 6 quality like) how can a club is going to complete with the best out there? As I have said, it depends on the board’s ambition. What do they really want Everton to achieve when the club move to the new stadium? Challenging top 6 or lingering at 12th place?

If the spending is going to continue why not a top manager? I don’t see a contradiction.

I do believe the Dol is employed to take good care of the transfer activities so with a competent one this club should be ok as long as we no longer spend big on the like in Bolasie and McCarthy etc.

You think Van Gaal and Benitez are not better option than Silva that‘s fine. I cannot agree with you.
tbh, I don't. Van Gaal has retired from football over the last few days, so you can forget about that. Benitez has said time and time again that he is loyal to the other lot and i understand that. Also Rafael has had his time and did well during it, he looks quite dated as a manager now, he also requires substantial funds usually to build his teams. Most of all though, he moans about stuff more than any other manager in world football and i really don't want to have to listen to him whinging after every game about the slightest little thing.

Will probably depend on where they both see the problems sitting. If they’re legacy problems and Silva has identified solutions then Brands might remain patient. If they’re problems of his own making and no solutions are forthcoming then there could be action. What’s undeniable is that we’ve been equally as crap if not more so for the most part of the last 5 years.

Therein lies the review, what were the problems, what has been done/achieved - what is needed to progress.

I personally feel the solutions will be there, wether Brands agrees to them is another thing, but I suspect Silva will want a striker and at at least two central midfielders and a CB to achieve anything. As would be the case for any new manager - I think Brands will acknowledge the restrictions placed upon achieving a suitable squad of players on the legacy problems and think it would be fine to keep Silva in place - but, ultimately Brands will know if his expectations have been met.

It would be interesting to see what Brands feels about the issues presented within this season - Defending set-pieces, woeful form and any others areas of concern and how they balance against the previous mis-management of the squad.

Big decisions for Brands.

the spending is firstly going to depend on how many of the 10 or more players that we need to get off the wage bill can we actually get rid of.

then according to Brands we will target younger players on lower wages but that might cost a slightly higher fee than we might expect.

if this is our current plan forward, is your plan to sack Silva and rip up that plan to get Conte and try to sign top players and pay even higher wages than we have now?

is your plan basically sack the manager and spend lots of money? you dont mention anything of the actual current situation we are in with regards to the wage bill and what that means for our options in the manager market.

i say again, its easy to say sack Silva and complain every day. but offering a plan of only "spend lots of money on the best" with no analysis of our reality right now is not much use really.

we are talking about an actual plan after you get the sacking you want. whether benitez or whoever is better than our current manager is another discussion.

tbh, I don't. Van Gaal has retired from football over the last few days, so you can forget about that. Benitez has said time and time again that he is loyal to the other lot and i understand that. Also Rafael has had his time and did well during it, he looks quite dated as a manager now, he also requires substantial funds usually to build his teams. Most of all though, he moans about stuff more than any other manager in world football and i really don't want to have to listen to him whinging after every game about the slightest little thing.

Silva has a winning rate of low 30s in PL. Those two above I mentioned actually won major trophies. Whether they are retired or a RS won’t join is out of question. I was saying are they better options as a manager for a football club than the current manager if such choice is available.

Silva has a winning rate of low 30s in PL. Those two above I mentioned actually won major trophies. Whether they are retired or a RS won’t join is out of question. I was saying are they better options as a manager for a football club than the current manager if such choice is available.
I know they have won things, but neither would look sideways at us. We have Silva at the moment, yes things are not great but we have some seriously poor players at the club, people seem to forget that there are still players here from the Moyes era which is just ridiculous, players from under 4 different managers any manager would struggle to build a cohesive unit out of that lot. We are stuck with Silva for the moment, Moshiri is not going to get rid so soon and make himself look that stupid, people just need to get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.