• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jose would be disastrous. He is anti-football.

I'd like some of this anti-football at Everton instead of the whatever-football we've been playing for the last few years

It's the past mate, end of the road for him IMO

Maybe, maybe not, the expectations at Utd where a lot higher and demanded a faster turn around of success, I just think it's funny how Evertonians can turn their nose up at a manager that's won everything when we havnt done a thing for about 30 years

I mean it's never happening like so a bit pointless but a choice between him and Silva at the moment would be a no brainer, imo

Jose is no doubt hurting after the turmoil at Utd, I would imagine even after a hugely successful managerial career he has learnt a few valuable lessons... he would never admit it
I think his appeal to the bigger clubs will of slipped, as most want the next Pep
It might just be and a big maybe whoever gets him gets a different Jose from the Utd one

I would love him at Everton, but not sure we are attractive enough for him, or could afford him

but a striker won't help a team that doesn't really create much and cannot defend ( I agree we do need one though, just think that's an excuse to let him off the hook )
I think a striker would help us massively. A good striker should mean we create more, both because their movement should be better, and because their hold up play should help to create for others.

The defending thing is a bit of a red herring. We have some specific defensive issues, but overall we're genuinely not that bad defensively. Our massive problem has been that we don't score enough. Conceding 1 goal should not mean that you can't win a game, and yet that's what keeps happening to us. Since the Spurs game in December we've conceded 11 goals in 9 league games, that is a really unremarkable record, it should not lead to the lack of points that it has. Without looking at everybody's records I can tell you that Wolves have conceded 12 in 8 since then, Arsenal 13 in 8 and Chelsea 14 in 8. We can't defend set pieces but our defensive shortcomings are being massively overplayed, it's the attacking side of the game that's causing the real problems.

I think a striker would help us massively. A good striker should mean we create more, both because their movement should be better, and because their hold up play should help to create for others.

The defending thing is a bit of a red herring. We have some specific defensive issues, but overall we're genuinely not that bad defensively. Our massive problem has been that we don't score enough. Conceding 1 goal should not mean that you can't win a game, and yet that's what keeps happening to us. Since the Spurs game in December we've conceded 11 goals in 9 league games, that is a really unremarkable record, it should not lead to the lack of points that it has. Without looking at everybody's records I can tell you that Wolves have conceded 12 in 8 since then, Arsenal 13 in 8 and Chelsea 14 in 8. We can't defend set pieces but our defensive shortcomings are being massively overplayed, it's the attacking side of the game that's causing the real problems.

Think it's also a mentality (even though I hate that phrase!) issue as well to the extent that we haven't actually lost a game this season where we've scored first, apart from v Spurs.

Yet we haven't won a game that we've conceded first in.

It's like we concede and the panic sets in. We then have 10-15 minutes where we're all over the place and we can't get back in the game. If we don't concede again, we then start chasing the game and end up getting done on the counter because - as you say - we don't create enough.

The panic after conceding isn't new to this season, though. It has been an issue under the last 3 managers. The fact that Silva hasn't figured out a way to stop that is obviously on him.

Also great post with those stats as well. You're absolutely right to point out that defensively we're not actually atrocious. It's very specific issues as you say, and the players/management making the same mistakes.

Jose is no doubt hurting after the turmoil at Utd, I would imagine even after a hugely successful managerial career he has learnt a few valuable lessons... he would never admit it
I think his appeal to the bigger clubs will of slipped, as most want the next Pep
It might just be and a big maybe whoever gets him gets a different Jose from the Utd one77

I would love him at Everton, but not sure we are attractive enough for him, or could afford him

I'd say there are dozens of champions league/eufa cup-wnning teams with good stadiums would be all over him. he's probably been in our narrow tunnel laughing at the idea of having to manage Everton.

it's both mate, it's literally a combination of everything, poor defending, midfield not creating, strikers not scoring

we are just a mess atm, I think a good striker obviously improves us but put a good striker in this team at the moment I don't think it makes a MASSIVE difference, think the whole team in general needs a boot up the arse

Status
Not open for further replies.