• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think he needs to go now but expect he will still see out the season.

As things stand we are only going down the table and any shrivel of confidence in him is evaporating week by week.

In all honesty on that basis it would be sheer stupidity to invest in further signings in the summer, whilst he is in charge.

I think Moshiri would gladly see Brands wielding the axe, but who knows what he is thinking.

Blind faith isn't enough, nor is hoping for an improvement next season on zero evidence.

The only logical reason preventing Silva from the sack is the difficulty in finding a decent enough replacement in these circumstances and at this time.

He'll be retained and given the first half of next season.

There is no other game in town. The DoF and owner both know he's trying to re-build with young players.

It takes time....although buyng him a much needed striker would have helped him enormously to keep the knee jerkers at bay.

It is what it is.

Onwards and hopefully upwards.

I think some of what you post is good content. But this....have a word with yourself.

To the people who say "he needs more than a season" What makes you think he can motivate the same group of players next season? If he can't do it now how can he do in the next one.

Why do we need to same group of players. 70% of the players have been useless for the past 3 season, get rid of the players first then asses the manager.

'orrible 'orrible indeed, but less 'orrible than giving the job to some joker pulled out of a hat who happens to be out of work now. How many times does it need to be said? Ride out this lousy season and start again in May. The 2017/2018 mess was never going to be sorted out this soon, especially by a man like Silva.

Correct.

Time for everyone to buckle up and support the manager and team and ride out a poor patch.

It certainly ISN'T the time to sack another manager.

There's no one on board with that at Everton FC.

9th....and after the wheels fell off months ago at Anfield. That tells its own story.

Young players need to find their feet and their confidence to bounce back professionally.

Silva can get us there. Ive seen enough in the games against Liverpool, Chelsea and recently City to know that..
You back him because you know he is rubbish, when he was looking ok, away at Chelsea...etc your barly spoke about him but waited until he showed his true colours and pipped up for bites

Regardless, the owner and DoF have spoken.

Silva needs a full season to get things right.

We're 9th.

It is what it is. Another midtable season. To expect Silva to revolutionse the peutrid mess left by Koeman is ridiculous.

They shouldn't dare get rid of him unless....

1. They have a manager who is happy to take over just for the rest of the season. No more than that. No temporary measures with a contract to pay off afterwards.
  2. OR they already have a candidate ready to come in who was on a list of maybes should this not work out. (I wouldn't trust that they do)

No sacking and floundering around to get whatever. That's just dumb and serves no purpose. We aren't getting relegated.

He stays unless they have one of the above two options.

Sadly it's not up to fans if the manager should be let go. We can influence the owners decision by not going to matches etc.

Moshiri must be really disappointed. I'm purely speculating here but what if he decides that financially it's not viable to pay him off.

What if he has decided that his priority is getting all the out of favour high waged players off the books first.

Just how much is Moshiri willing to invest now that he can see how much we have haemorrhaged cash. So much has been wasted due to a campaign of disastrous purchases over the last few seasons.

I really hope I'm wrong here but if I'm not we could see a return to the 90s. A return to a club always in the bottom half while it tries to balance its books.

On the flip side maybe I'm being err negative. He may just eject this fraud, pay him off and reset once again!

All you do is go against the consensus to argue the point. Your stance is boring and predictable.

As I've said in the past, if you was American you'd flip flop between republican and democrat depending on who was in power.
I've supported Silva from day one. I cant see how I'm flipping.

It's a terrible habit of sacking managers we have to get out of. As said, I've seen enough of the way he sets up against top teams both for us and his other teams and there is something there we need to stick with.

Why do we need to same group of players. 70% of the players have been useless for the past 3 season, get rid of the players first then asses the manager.
Because no squad just gets rid of 70% of the players, We are stuck with most of these for next season lets be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.