• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The media are starting to take notice, as I always say, if you do nothing, you get ignored, you gotta make people take notice.

Of course we have done nothing so far, so they will quickly move on to the next shiny thing, unless we retain their focus.

We need a big win. That tends to shift focus. If we were to win on Sunday the narrative would change quite quickly.

Understandably if we have had another 4 away games, lost 3 drawn 1 against the top sides the media will continue to be a little cautious.

We need a big win. That tends to shift focus. If we were to win on Sunday the narrative would change quite quickly.

Understandably if we have had another 4 away games, lost 3 drawn 1 against the top sides the media will continue to be a little cautious.

Massive game on sunday, its a cliche, but every game will be from now, Cardiff last week was a massive game, they came to Goodison, sat back and made it difficult, we didnt play well, but we got the result, which is all that matters. We have gone to OT and Arse and performed very well, we got a point away at Chelsea, now we need to "claim a scalp" and the most perfect of scalps.

But winning on Sunday isnt enough, we need to go somewhere else and claim a scalp, we need to continue to put the Cardiffs of this world to bed, we need to compete in every game. We need to stay strong when the injuries come, remain patient when we get "west hamd" at home.

Currently we on course for 6th, but if we can start getting a few scalps, well who knows.

Defeat on Sunday isnt the end of the world, its a tough, tough place for any team to go, but to use a phrase ive heard elsewhere, DARE TO DREAM.

Massive game on sunday, its a cliche, but every game will be from now, Cardiff last week was a massive game, they came to Goodison, sat back and made it difficult, we didnt play well, but we got the result, which is all that matters. We have gone to OT and Arse and performed very well, we got a point away at Chelsea, now we need to "claim a scalp" and the most perfect of scalps.

But winning on Sunday isnt enough, we need to go somewhere else and claim a scalp, we need to continue to put the Cardiffs of this world to bed, we need to compete in every game. We need to stay strong when the injuries come, remain patient when we get "west hamd" at home.

Currently we on course for 6th, but if we can start getting a few scalps, well who knows.

Defeat on Sunday isnt the end of the world, its a tough, tough place for any team to go, but to use a phrase ive heard elsewhere, DARE TO DREAM.

I think this season was always a transition. When Moshiri first came to me he had a 3 year plan, with the first being a transition. Essentially the whole approach was messed up and we started afresh again last summer. We also did what I believe he probably wanted to do 2 years ago. In a roundabout way my initial thought is that the games this season are not so high pressured. If we don't sort every problem out this season, thats ok as long as we are going in the right direction (which I can see we are) and we are putting foundations in that can be built upon next season (which is a key difference to Koeman's first year).

However momentum in football is a big thing, especially for a club like Everton, which remains a big club. The season is currently teetering where it could go either way(i.e. one option is we finish 6/7th and are comfortable moving forward, the other being we could move on much quicker than hoped for). We are close to the 2nd option. A win at Anfield would put a motor into the improvement we have seen this season. It would be an enormous moment.

If we can pull off a win on Sunday all bets are off in terms of this season. A new script will be being written.

If the journalist's sources are reliable then this is a highly enlightening piece. It means though Brands deserves great credit for delivering the players, it's in fact Silva's judgement that has thus far proven to be outstanding as he's the one who identified the players signed in the summer.
Early days but his hitrate looks incredibly impressive and the fact that the players are young and should therefore see their value rise helps to ensure the financial stability of the club. What a contrast to Koeman who's eye for a player was made of glass.

I think he's ace. He seems quiet and a bit moody but his disdain for pressers and reserved nature are like a breath of fresh air to me compared to the litany of egotistical blert clown managers infecting the league at the moment. He just lets the lads play and the footy do the talking. All the fans want is the team to show a bit of fight and to really give it a go and thats what we are doing.

Had a good feeling about him when he signed, hope we carry on in the way we are. There will be many bumps but think we're in good hands with him and The Brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.