• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have done it. We have been officially COMPLAINED ABOUT.

Watford FC feels compelled to make the following statement in a bid to correct erroneous and misleading media reports concerning an ongoing dispute with Everton FC.

The club have made an official complaint to the Premier League over an allegation of an illegal approach to former manager, Marco Silva.

The complaint to the Premier League makes clear the seriousness of the allegation and what the club believes is overwhelming evidence of a clear breach of Premier League rules.

At the request of the Premier League we entered into mediation with Everton in a process that involved club officials and their respective legal teams, with no conclusion being reached.

Therefore the disciplinary process continues. In pursuing its disciplinary claim, the club has known from the outset it forfeited any right to compensation as a consequence of not following a proposed arbitration process.

We believe this situation is not about a compensation figure but the principle of making a stand when the actions of one Premier League club completely undermine and cause intrinsic damage to a fellow member club.

We trust in the Premier League to fully investigate the complaint and we will comply with that process.

The club will be making no further comment.

So we offered Watford a large fee for Silva's services which they turned down as was their right to do.
We accepted their stance and instead hired the Fat One.
Their form dips drastically which they claim is directly down to us and they sack Silva
Several months later we hire the now unemployed Silva who they chose to sack but they still feel we broke rules and derailed their season?
They make an offical complaint and refuse to end the matter but also sell us their best player?

I feel sorry for their current manager - he's like the new boyfriend of a recently devorced woman who won't shut up about her ex!

You just know we’ll end up with the first ever points deduction for misconduct to go alongside the only suspension for diving.

LOL

The most small time thing I've ever read. You'd be utterly mortified if your club tried to get compensation over a manager you voluntarily decided to sack.
Can you not read? Watford recognise that they have forfeited any right to compensation.
"At the request of the Premier League we entered into mediation with Everton in a process that involved club officials and their respective legal teams, with no conclusion being reached.

Therefore the disciplinary process continues. In pursuing its disciplinary claim, the club has known from the outset it forfeited any right to compensation as a consequence of not following a proposed arbitration process.

We believe this situation is not about a compensation figure but the principle of making a stand when the actions of one Premier League club completely undermine and cause intrinsic damage to a fellow member club
".

They are after punishing Everton. And I would imagine that to pursue this they must have some pretty damning evidence.

I take the complete opposite from this forum, half of the fan base just kick off at anything we do and it boring now, its a brand new set up and people are moaning already, just get behind them, let Silva and Brands implement there ideas and get the players/fans get on board. If it doesn't seem to be working come the end of the season then yes criticism may be warranted. Rather than jumping on everything they do.

I don't see why anyone should have to wait till an arbitrary date before they are allowed to critique the people running the club they support

I've seen very little of people jumping on what they do. I've seen some notorious gimmick posters trying to cause bother, but I've also seen a lot of rational and reasonable critiques

The problem is that too many confuse the latter with the former and blast them with both barrels when it isn't warranted

Anyone who backs Silva (Myself included) should be able to defend him on his own merits rather than shutting down debate

They’ve chosen to forfeit their right to compensation which makes no sense. That’s almost admitting defeat. If they had a case and let’s say for arguments sake our approach for Silva cost them 2-3 places in the table that’s some serious money that they could claim they are entitled too…. If they genuinely thought they could get something out of this they would still be pursuing compensation. This complaint and statement do no more than remind the world that Watford are upset and won’t be over it for a while. If they were that bothered they would not have done business with us regardless of the fee involved in to get Richarlison because, to paraphrase their statement it’s not about the money but the principle.

And then Hull would have a case against Watford (if true). Wouldn't absolve Everton.
But it would be far more damaging for Watford given that hull were relegated. It could be argued that without their meddling that Silva may have saved hull and in the process £100's of millions.

They have just had 35-40 million out of us for a player that cost them only 11 million a year ago and they are still going on about this nonsense. Most clubs could be accused of tapping up Managers or players and that includes Watford themselves and their pursuit of the insane number of Managers that they have gone through in the last 10 years. Club is definitely ran by a bunch of childish idiots and i really hope that this ends up biting them up the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.