Marcelo Bielsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he's a cult figure, not just because of the fact we were winning more, but the way he completely transformed the club, from the way we were playing, his whole ethos and personality, he was absolutely loved, still is. Watching us actually became fun again. Like I said, many fans would have been happy to keep him even if it meant relegation, I'm not saying other fans haven't felt similar, but he is a very special manager-the likes of Newells fans would come and watch us play just to see a team managed by him perform.
He wouldn't work everywhere, he needs a club totally invested in him though and don't think he'd be a good fit for you right now. If you went down, maybe.
Yeah I feel like that's one of those things that's easy to say when it's not how things panned out...

I'm not sure i'd want him even if we went down to be honest, I just don't believe a volatile egotist is what we need. We desperately need a bit of stability and calm, and ideally someone who could grow with the role. None of this is to suggest he's not a good manager or even that he couldn't keep us up if he came, I'm just far from convinced that he's someone the club should be looking at, whether now or in the summer.

Well we need someone that is capable of adapting to the dire, slow, weak minded, unfit rabble of misfits that is our current squad, for sure. That ain’t Bielsa.
I don't mean this as an insult but that's a lazy opinion. It's extremely difficult as an athlete to be fast and fluid in a setup that doesn't make sense or doesn't have clearly defined outlines and goals. It was very clear under lampard that the tactics were severely lacking and even still the players put in effort.

The outlook of most fans on Maupay is a prime example. Maupay isn't a terrible player he's just not a targetman and we tried to use him that way for weeks and weeks. McNeil isn't awful he's just not an out and out attacker. He's a defensive winger likely best suited to play as a wingback.

I don't mean this as an insult but that's a lazy opinion. It's extremely difficult as an athlete to be fast and fluid in a setup that doesn't make sense or doesn't have clearly defined outlines and goals. It was very clear under lampard that the tactics were severely lacking and even still the players put in effort.

The outlook of most fans on Maupay is a prime example. Maupay isn't a terrible player he's just not a targetman and we tried to use him that way for weeks and weeks. McNeil isn't awful he's just not an out and out attacker. He's a defensive winger likely best suited to play as a wingback.

Well I strongly disagree with this.

Yeah I feel like that's one of those things that's easy to say when it's not how things panned out...

I'm not sure i'd want him even if we went down to be honest, I just don't believe a volatile egotist is what we need. We desperately need a bit of stability and calm, and ideally someone who could grow with the role. None of this is to suggest he's not a good manager or even that he couldn't keep us up if he came, I'm just far from convinced that he's someone the club should be looking at, whether now or in the summer.
To be honest, Bielsa couldn't be further from an egotist, or volatile. He just has exacting demands which would put most clubs off, and certainly not the man to do a job half way into a season. He was a very good fit for us at a particular time in our history, whether he'd be that for you even at the end of the season, who knows?

No he's a cult figure, not just because of the fact we were winning more, but the way he completely transformed the club, from the way we were playing, his whole ethos and personality, he was absolutely loved, still is. Watching us actually became fun again. Like I said, many fans would have been happy to keep him even if it meant relegation, I'm not saying other fans haven't felt similar, but he is a very special manager-the likes of Newells fans would come and watch us play just to see a team managed by him perform.
He wouldn't work everywhere, he needs a club totally invested in him though and don't think he'd be a good fit for you right now. If you went down, maybe.
I would have him back at Leeds tomorrow and would of been content for him to take us down, from that very first game against Stoke it felt different, new, exciting. We had a purpose and a sense of direction that was unlike anything I had seen at Leeds before.

But I just can't see him coming in mid season and keeping Everton up. If this was before the world cup or at the end of the season then yes but now? I'm not sure.

It is just like last year. If we are ready to play in CL next year, Bielsa should be a great choice for us.
If it did happen, I wish we all can support the club and manager no matter what the result will be.

To be honest, Bielsa couldn't be further from an egotist, or volatile. He just has exacting demands which would put most clubs off, and certainly not the man to do a job half way into a season. He was a very good fit for us at a particular time in our history, whether he'd be that for you even at the end of the season, who knows?
People who refuse to do mandated press work, walk out of clubs after a matter of days because they don't get what they want, decide how much coaching staff should get paid, and refuse to deviate from what they believe to be the best way to do things even when there is overwhelming evidence that they're wrong are egotists. He might be a nice, gentle, kind bloke, but he's an egotist.

People who refuse to do mandated press work, walk out of clubs after a matter of days because they don't get what they want, decide how much coaching staff should get paid, and refuse to deviate from what they believe to be the best way to do things even when there is overwhelming evidence that they're wrong are egotists. He might be a nice, gentle, kind bloke, but he's an egotist.
I don’t think this is egotists. He is just proper weird. Big Sam is egotist if you look at the way he talks.

People who refuse to do mandated press work, walk out of clubs after a matter of days because they don't get what they want, decide how much coaching staff should get paid, and refuse to deviate from what they believe to be the best way to do things even when there is overwhelming that they're wrong are egotists. He might be a nice, gentle, kind bloke, but he's an egotist.
Not at all, the bloke didn't have an ego. He just has his fixed ways of doing things, a purist with almost an autistic streak, which he never diverts from. He'd prefer to lose doing things the 'right way' than change his methods. Like I said, that isn't for every club, very few in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.