Marcelo Bielsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
O'Rourke has good sources in the lower divisions, but his Prem stuff has always been spotty

Mokbel is good with London-based stuff, but is more in tune with the Prem than EFL. So, I'm leaning him

I’m going to go with logic and say Bielsa turns it down, for now.

Could easily do a deal where he comes in advises, and then takes over in the summer.

And I feel I’ll trust you and your opinion that Mokbel is just about more knowledgable. At least there’s something brewing, and deflects from our league form.

The people shouting the most for this guy to be the manager now will be the first ones to turn on him and demand that he gets sacked six or so mouths from now. It's so predicable that it's painful.
How many are shouting for him because he seems the best out of a few (mostly poor) options though? I didn't even think of him until yesterday and when presented with the 'few' likely choices, i liked him best. It's like all those who say crap like "well, you all wanted Lampard". When no one wanted Frank until it seemed like a 2 or 3 horse race- and we didn't like the other choices as much (e.g. if a candidate is Duncan Ferguson then i'm 100% the other option- whoever it is).

The Frank option was a bit like me being offered tickets to watch Robbie Williams, Coldplay or Toploader- and choosing Coldplay. I still think they're gash but if presented with those choices, i'd have to select it.

How many are shouting for him because he seems the best out of a few (mostly poor) options though? I didn't even think of him until yesterday and when presented with the 'few' likely choices, i liked him best. It's like all those who say crap like "well, you all wanted Lampard". When no one wanted Frank until it seemed like a 2 or 3 horse race- and we didn't like the other choices as much (e.g. if a candidate is Duncan Ferguson then i'm 100% the other option- whoever it is).

The Frank option was a bit like me being offered tickets to watch Robbie Williams, Coldplay or Toploader- and choosing Coldplay. I still think they're gash but if presented with those choices, i'd have to select it.

For me, I see the appeal.
He’s te infectious character who transforms a club inside and out… which in reality is exactly what we need.

But I also respect that he’s completely volatile, and in this moment it just seems completely dangerous to go with someone, who may realise (if he hasn’t already) that our board are all charlatans and they’re going to Renege on promises they give us.

It’s a hard pass, although I’d love him here.

Maybe a bullet dodged if the rumours he has rejected us turn out to be true. Even though i quite like him, i just couldn't see how he could come in half way through a season to a club in relegation struggles and hit the ground running. More of a start at pre season and build kind of guy this one i think but i could be totally wrong.

Maybe a bullet dodged if the rumours he has rejected us turn out to be true. Even though i quite like him, i just couldn't see how he could come in half way through a season to a club in relegation struggles and hit the ground running. More of a start at pre season and build kind of guy this one i think but i could be totally wrong.

I think we're already stuffed this season so we may as well enjoy it. And sleeping pods and a roaring log fire at Finch Farm, Jordan Pickford hod carrying and grenades getting launched all over the place are exactly the entertainment I want.

@Stevie Nicks Bootleg

Every single option mentioned so far is crap. I see no point in pretending that this guy will be anything other than a disaster because there's no doubt in my mind that he will be. And just like Lampard, it won't really be his fault. It'll all be on the morons who run us for employing another lame duck that was doomed to fail right from the start.

I’d love him, albeit my knowledge outside of the prem is non-existent so I can’t talk on other candidates.

While obviously relegation would be horrible, and I wouldn’t be confident of surviving with Bielsa in charge, he’s the only one I’d want trying to get us straight back up.

@Stevie Nicks Bootleg

Every single option mentioned so far is crap. I see no point in pretending that this guy will be anything other than a disaster because there's no doubt in my mind that he will be. And just like Lampard, it won't really be his fault. It'll all be on the morons who run us for employing another lame duck that was doomed to fail right from the start.

Anyone thinking this guy is right for us needs their heads read

Not who we need at all, our players would chuck him under the bus within weeks
Isn't that the problem though.
We need a manager that is in charge rather than the players.
All I know about Bielsa is that he is highly regarded as a coach and in my humble opinion is a head case.... perfect for us.

I know that Everton is the biggest basket case around only surpassed by the expectations of some on here.

We still have plenty who want to appoint managers based on an exotic name.

Status
Not open for further replies.