Marcelo Bielsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Moshiri still loves him then go get him in the summer as the default plan.
If Dyche impresses enough in this period, change your mind.
Treat this 6 months as an audition for Dyche. I'm quietly hopeful he'll do great, though maybe that's wishful thinking.
Should have been done with Lampard after we barely scraped over the line last season.

Yes, he did, I know this. But he did not just go in and take charge of Leeds midway through a season.

I'd have loved Bielsa. but the timing just wasn't right with this squad, let's face it. That's away from anything about U21s.

He'd have been exciting, for sure. I'm not enamoured by any appointment though because this squad is crap.
There’s a lot of deadwood in squad. Dyche has got to get us defensively solid and scoring goals. second part of that worries me. What we don’t know is how the young squad players, some of the existing ‘older’ squad players & U21 players would’ve played when properly coached in Bielsa’s system. I’m convinced we’d be in a better situation in 2 half’s years time under Bielsa than we would be under Dyche. Plus watching us would have been genuinely exciting :)

There’s a lot of deadwood in squad. Dyche has got to get us defensively solid and scoring goals. second part of that worries me. What we don’t know is how the young squad players, some of the existing ‘older’ squad players & U21 players would’ve played when properly coached in Bielsa’s system. I’m convinced we’d be in a better situation in 2 half’s years time under Bielsa than we would be under Dyche. Plus watching us would have been genuinely exciting :)
I honestly think both scenarios could have gone (and could go in SD's case) very badly.

But like I said, this squad is poo. So that's why.

If Moshiri still loves him then go get him in the summer as the default plan.
If Dyche impresses enough in this period, change your mind.
Treat this 6 months as an audition for Dyche. I'm quietly hopeful he'll do great, though maybe that's wishful thinking.
Should have been done with Lampard after we barely scraped over the line last season.

Hope they're still in contact with the guy

I'd be all for hiring him in the championship.

We might for the first time in about 8 years watch Everton play football and not be turgid.
Best football I had seen in years at Elland Road. Pablo Hernandez was key and Klich with him.in the midfield. Phillips moved back to play in front of back 4 was a masterstroke. Bielsa is Ortas best signing . Raphinha most talented,but unbelievable to think it was Gary Monk bought some good players in under the crazy Cellino

Status
Not open for further replies.