2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gomes was injured when we signed him.

Gbamin is the definition of injury prone. 2 games in 2 seasons.

We are still knocking around the same positions after three years of Brands.
Gbamin wasn't injury prone before his 2 bad freak injuries with us. That's just bad luck. I have no idea where that flasehood comes from that he was injury prone. Go look at his history and compare it with a player who you think isn't "injury prone". Btw is there anything you find positive about Everton? You're always giving it the big one about how crap we are and how everything we do is wrong. I only see us improving after a few years of crap myself and Brands is involved in that.

He wants to gut Everton of people who aren't qualified to do their assigned job and are only there because of a jobs-for-mates culture. Hear hear.
He better leave the most qualified bloke at the club alone.
41AE7172-2109-4466-B6E9-861E19C10E5C.jpg

Contract Marcel's "job with United" must have "fallen through".

Lol.

If I had to guess, given United's present league success Brands wasn't going to get enough control to take the job.

It's a poisoned chalice as long as Woodward's there. The building is crawling with his people, so he'll still wield significant influence by making your life miserable if you don't go along with him, and he has every incentive to try to credit claim successes while scapegoating the DoF for failures.

That said, you can't blame Brands for listening and using them to drive up his price. Negotiator's gotta negotiate.

100% this.

Brands did say during the AGM he'd like to strengthen the Everton 'core' at FF, so if that's kicking out wasters just on an easy pension scheme and replacing them with more qualified people, that's fine.
Actually need to correct my own post.

It was of course specifically Kenwright who wanted to strengthen the Everton core.

Something along the lines of "Having spoken to Denise and Marcel, we all agree the Everton DNA is important."

Brands did heap praise on Baines and how his role is very important, and how Unsworth (despite his apparent promotion title wise) is now solely responsible for the clear pathway towards first team football.

TBH it's all a few years too late. Kenwright still has Moshiris ear to a degree, and that muddies the picture a little. Brands (weather you think he's decent or not) being DoF should have the authority to hire/fire coaching and recruitment staff as he sees fit.

I was about to joke “does anyone have the number for Phil Jevons?” before a cursory Wikipedia check told me he’s already the U16s head coach.
It's a complete farce, isn't it?

Also, slightly off topic...... Isn't it weird that our three UK club ambassadors are a Scot, a Londoner and a Yorkshireman? Nothing against any of them but no room for any scousers?

If I had to guess, given United's present league success Brands wasn't going to get enough control to take the job.

It's a poisoned chalice as long as Woodward's there. The building is crawling with his people, so he'll still wield significant influence by making your life miserable if you don't go along with him, and he has every incentive to try to credit claim successes while scapegoating the DoF for failures.

That said, you can't blame Brands for listening and using them to drive up his price. Negotiator's gotta negotiate.
It was a BS story.

As if any elite club looking at the catastrophe in transfer spending here would touch Brands.

The club needs continuity. Why get someone in to turn the cruise boat around if you then dont let them drive it forward? Moshiri has his dream team in place, the people he wanted from day one, he’s not going to break that up. The architect tied down long term to keep supplying don Carlo.
From what I can gather, he'll be carrying out a similar role now to Irvine when he was here: tasked solely with bringing a consistent style of football to all levels of the club below first team level.

I would hope that is reflected in whatever contract he was given and he's not on a DoF salary anymore. The position of DoF effectively does not exist anymore.

These are straitened times, and no one should be getting freebies at the club's expense.

Ancelotti will probably be handed more cash because of his expanded role of overseeing the transfer targets, which is only fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.