2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forum friend The Esk is saying we can’t even afford £22 Million for Gabriel.

Nothing is adding up at the moment, we can’t afford any significant money on transfers unless we sell someone or Moshiri injects serious cash but would risk of being non complaint.

I know Ancelotti May have agreed to a limited budget but he’s not come here to work with this current squad a shoestring budget.

The Esk has said we are skint the last 3 years yet we have spent.

Conveniently forgets the £36 million from Usmanov's FF increase deal and the naming rights for the new ground.

There IS money to spend.

And we went and spent £115 million lol

I imagine there may be a reduction in spending but by that I imagine probably a budget reduction of £15-20 million or so which is roughly what we've lost from the pandemic in terms of revenue.

I think we can do well even if we are red iced in spending I am sure there’s loan deals to be had like Rabiot for example.

I think we can do well even if we are red iced in spending I am sure there’s loan deals to be had like Rabiot for example.

Unless the Esk knows Moshiri he hasn't a clue what we can or can not spend - no one knew about Usmanovs £30 million stadium deal until it was announced.

There is business to be done - the pandemic will atleast lower some players value likes of Allan and Rabiot who do not fit in the managers plans.

For me the one position we can afford to cut costs is RB - I imagine there are a few who we could nab on the cheap who could "do a job" for a season or two even be it on loan.

The main priorities to spend are CM/CB and out wide.

Unless the Esk knows Moshiri he hasn't a clue what we can or can not spend - no one knew about Usmanovs £30 million stadium deal until it was announced.

There is business to be done - the pandemic will atleast lower some players value likes of Allan and Rabiot who do not fit in the managers plans.

For me the one position we can afford to cut costs is RB - I imagine there are a few who we could nab on the cheap who could "do a job" for a season or two even be it on loan.

Which is exactly the same as you saying we do have money spend. Nobody knows other than the people in charge, but the general consensus is it'll be a difficult summer for us.

Which is exactly the same as you saying we do have money spend. Nobody knows other than the people in charge, but the general consensus is it'll be a difficult summer for us.

I agree I dont know for sure - the last 2 seasons we HAVE spent money when Esk has said we were skint.

We pay back roughly £15 million to the TV companies and the season ticket renewals for about 5 home games - obviously start of next season may mean issues with season ticket renewals for a few more home games but unless our summer budget was £25 million I doubt we are potless.

More so it means instead of being able to sign 4 players for money we can now only afford 3 or something of the like imo.

I agree I dont know for sure - but I dont make podcasts and have gigs in the Echo claiming for sure I do certainly not when the last 2 seasons we HAVE spent money when Esk has said we were skint.

We pay back roughly £15 million to the TV companies and the season ticket renewals for about 5 home games - obviously start of next season may mean issues with season ticket renewals for a few more home games but unless our summer budget was £25 million I doubt we are potless.

More so it means instead of being able to sign 4 players for money we can now only afford 3 or something of the like imo.

To be fair he's not really saying we wont spend, just that we will need to offload before we do, which has been the same sort of story the last few summers.

Forum friend The Esk is saying we can’t even afford £22 Million for Gabriel.

Nothing is adding up at the moment, we can’t afford any significant money on transfers unless we sell someone or Moshiri injects serious cash but would risk of being non complaint.

I know Ancelotti May have agreed to a limited budget but he’s not come here to work with this current squad a shoestring budget.
We made loses of 112m last accounts.

We have lost quite considerable sums of money during this pandemic and will probably continue to lose more next season.

Im sure Carlo understands.

Cant see many clubs having a lot to spend in this climate.
The Esk has said we are skint the last 3 years yet we have spent.

Conveniently forgets the £36 million from Usmanov's FF increase deal and the naming rights for the new ground.

There IS money to spend.
He did say we wouldn’t spend last summer to be fair

I agree I dont know for sure - the last 2 seasons we HAVE spent money when Esk has said we were skint.

To be fair he's not really saying we wont spend, just that we will need to offload before we do, which has been the same sort of story the last few summers.

I thought he was saying we need to offload players to bring ourselves in line with Premier league regulations on FFP (not the european FFP).

He answered NO about whether we could spend £22mil on Gabriel.

Thats a bit daft...we could buy him easily as long as the deal was structured to suit us.

In any case weve got £1mil a week salaries of squad players to remove.

Can see us spending as is clear we need to as the squad is thin with quality with more players set to go i can see us signing 3 then using loans for the rest

Brands did an amazing job in Holland with no money, now he needs to do it again here.
The amount of dead wood is shrinking but if we want to buy we might have to sell... who tho

Richarlison maybe, he fetch 100 mil, he’s our best player and wouldn’t want to sell

DCL... might get 30+ mil as he’s English

Holgate... get at least 30 mil but wouldn’t sell him as he’s going to be top class

can’t really think of anyone else who will go for big money

Brands did an amazing job in Holland with no money, now he needs to do it again here.
The amount of dead wood is shrinking but if we want to buy we might have to sell... who tho

Richarlison maybe, he fetch 100 mil, he’s our best player and wouldn’t want to sell

Holgate... get at least 30 mil but wouldn’t sell him as he’s going to be top class

It's always a worry when you've spent so much money and no one wants to buy any of your players. The idea is you buy the likes of Klaasen for 20 odd million, pick up Sandro on free and then flog them for a fortune in a few years time.

For me, it's just as likely we find ourselves relegated within 5 years as we do being a club in the Champions League.

Our only serious money assets at the moment are Richarlson and DCL. The market is likely to be depressed by at least 30% this windown and next, probably next summer also.

It should be a buyers market, hopefully we get heavily involved.

I think the big boys would wait to see if DCL could replicate this seasons form next year before committing.

Richarlison may be the subject of a bid, I would think in this market 55-60 mill would be the absolute limit.

In those circumstances we should hold tight and if Moshiri can afford it now is the time to invest.

The problem is nobody has money in Holland?

Plenty have it here

Status
Not open for further replies.