2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, so Brands just gets to sit there until there contracts expire because there’s nothing he can do about the situation? Easiest job in football, that.

Stop talking bollocks.

On the incoming side, I would imagine the sort of players we were targeting under Marco Silva are not the type of players we will be targeting under Carlo Ancelotti who started work 9 days before the window opened and very publicly said he wouldn't discuss transfers with the club until the 5th when he'd had a chance to look properly at what he was working with.

On the outgoing side... He's up against it in terms of players at the end of their contract because non-desperate clubs can just wait until the summer. If Oumar has turned down 2 loans, then I fail to see what else he can do on that front.

nah hes right i think like, realistically well never shift players on big wages without paying a huge chunk of the wages ourselves.

if wed let schneiderlein and sigurdsson go wed have been short this season (tho i think id rather give the kids a go)
Then there is no point in Brands' job. He knew we had a load of rubbish to shift on and he has added to it rather than getting rid of them.

A couple of solid signings and 2 points from the last 6 would have been 6 points.

He's been as incompetent as the players, Silva, the waffle that comes from the board.

No good getting deadline day signings in when about 6/8 points have been chucked away.

1st Jan we needed recruitment and a couple of fresh bodies in to help with the load and mix it up a bit.

Then there is no point in Brands' job. He knew we had a load of rubbish to shift on and he has added to it rather than getting rid of them.

the only one we wouldnt at least get our money back or make money on is Delph but lets be fair we all felt it was a good signing at the time.

A couple of solid signings and 2 points from the last 6 would have been 6 points.

He's been as incompetent as the players, Silva, the waffle that comes from the board.

No good getting deadline day signings in when about 6/8 points have been chucked away.

1st Jan we needed recruitment and a couple of fresh bodies in to help with the load and mix it up a bit.

we clearly needed a midfielder to come in, surprised we never acted

we clearly needed a midfielder to come in, surprised we never acted

100%

We needed one on the 1st Jan
We still need one for the 22nd Jan

Nothing has changed, we are still ways away from Gomes or Gbamin.

5rh place is just sitting there for someone to take it by the scruff of the neck. A bit more quality (as in not bringing Niasse on in the 70th minute against West Ham) and a better game management (someone just taking the sting out of the game for 45 seconds last night) and we'd be sitting 5th now.

70 deals done in 18 months but no point to his job? You don't sort out the mess we are in quickly? We potentially now have a front three worth Hundreds of millions? when was the last time you could say that? Patience is needed

Sorry but I’ve stayed off his back as much as possible but his complete arrogance towards the January window angers me.

This season was salvageable a week ago but he’s done nothing to try and fix it.

The suffering continues

Over all I’m pleased with his signings. Long term they will come good, all seem capable to me. Fans will always demand signings now but if there is nothing available just wait, rather than end up with junk like Tosun and Walcott. If we are looking long term and for value they are not the sort of players who will make an immediate impact in my opinion.

the only one we wouldnt at least get our money back or make money on is Delph but lets be fair we all felt it was a good signing at the time.
No, I definitely didn’t think Delph was a good signing at the time and many others didn’t either.

There’s no way we’d be getting our money back on Iwobi or Gbamin either.

On the incoming side, I would imagine the sort of players we were targeting under Marco Silva are not the type of players we will be targeting under Carlo Ancelotti who started work 9 days before the window opened and very publicly said he wouldn't discuss transfers with the club until the 5th when he'd had a chance to look properly at what he was working with.

On the outgoing side... He's up against it in terms of players at the end of their contract because non-desperate clubs can just wait until the summer. If Oumar has turned down 2 loans, then I fail to see what else he can do on that front.

Brands' job isn't to bow to what a manager wants. It's to ensure if there is a change of manager that everything still works.

That meeting with Ancelotti on the 5th should genuinely have been a case of Brands going "here Carlo, here's four possible CB targets and four possible CM targets and four forwards. What d'you think? Anything to add?"

Not expecting us to have them all done but there should have already been moves.

Now, I don't know what's gone on behind the scenes but based on historical evidence, we have not once had our ducks in a row under Brands. Not once, when it's come to moving quickly in the windows. And that's shocking, because it's massively clear what was needed.

Couple of sensible reinforcements to one of the worst midfields in the league could have made the difference and we could be sitting top 8.

alas we’re drawing with absolute dross like west ham and Newcastle.

wake up brands ffs

Brands' job isn't to bow to what a manager wants. It's to ensure if there is a change of manager that everything still works.

That meeting with Ancelotti on the 5th should genuinely have been a case of Brands going "here Carlo, here's four possible CB targets and four possible CM targets and four forwards. What d'you think? Anything to add?"

Not expecting us to have them all done but there should have already been moves.

Now, I don't know what's gone on behind the scenes but based on historical evidence, we have not once had our ducks in a row under Brands. Not once, when it's come to moving quickly in the windows. And that's shocking, because it's massively clear what was needed.

should have met a long time before the 5th. A week into the window. Short term view.

Status
Not open for further replies.