2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superb work from Brands to deliver such an exciting young striker for that fee and with no buy back clause. Brands was also absolutely right to sanction the sale of the, about to turn 30, Gana also. The long term future of the club is best protected by selling such an asset before his value begins to rapidly decline.

Why would we need Doucoure when we have Gblammo and Schneiderlin. We don't need 2 defensive midfielders starting every game it absolutely ruins our tempo.

When we signed Lukaku, I complained about the price, because we should have had Chelsea on the ropes - a young striker wanting to play, wanting to return to the club he was on loan to. We should have paid £7-10m less for him.

If we had Brands at the time, I have no doubt we would have done. It's refreshing to see Everton acting with competence in the transfer market - the difference is chalk and cheese.

Brands out here taking the absolute MICK out of these big clubs.

I quite like the fact we’re now run better than a lot of teams in world football and can take advantage of that.

@davek thoughts on this latest bit of business - you can’t be critical of this chap now?
What's happened?

Delph in (massive risk already underlined)
Gomes in
Kean in

RB/CB/RW/2nd FW required with 4 days to go before the window shuts.

I'm wondering why you think there's no scope to be critical of him???

What's happened?

Delph in (massive risk already underlined)
Gomes in
Kean in

RB/CB/RW/2nd FW required with 4 days to go before the window shuts.

I'm wondering why you think there's no scope to be critical of him???

JPG from Mainz in CM.

And the keeper from Huddersfield.

So 5 perms. One from City, one from Juve, one from Barca, one from Mainz, and ok, one from Huddersfield.

Had worse weeks mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.