2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly.

People have short memories.

So you admit we have the players available?

Which begs the question, why are you in here suggesting Brands has given him a terrible squad?

You cant have it both ways Dave.

You cant say Silva needs time, while not affording Brands any.

For the record I think they both need time, as I keep saying, we werent gonna turn into a top 6 side in 12months.

But the implication that we dont have a squad that should be able to beat Sheff Utd is quite laughable.

Bernatd arrived injured; Gbamin was taken with a knock and inflamed it.

Zouma and Gueye sitauations: it was as was argued: he was wanted by one of the richest clubs in world football, and they stole him off Bramnds for a paltry amount. Zouma WAS pursued for the whole summer ti the exception of looking at any other option...Barnds stated that he was fixed solely on Zouma.
Bernard arrived after an injury 6 months prior combined with no football player.

The German lad should never have played if he had a knock, manager to blame on that one.

In terms of the zouma chase, city did the exact same thing with Maguire. It backfired on them as well, but if their dof who has overseen their premier League dominance operates the same way then why is that a bad thing?

Every signing that brands has made this far has been better by far on who they were replacing. The only one that isn't clear is the German lad replacing gueye considering he has hardly played so far.

Walsh signs bolasie , niasse, tosun, Williams Walcott, Martina schneiderlin

Brands signs Bernard, Kean, Richardson, Mina iwobi, digne, gomes.

No question who is better at the job

Most people still underestimating Gueye as a player . Really bizarre.

The proof for the none believers is already in the results from this season.

Most of us knew that was the `key' buy or sell of the summer and would have a big detrimental effect on our midfield.

Like when Lukaku went and was not remotely replaced. You simply cannot let yout bet players go and not replace them adequately and expect improvement,

I think there were about 2 of us that thought we would go backwards this season but it really is not hard to see why we thought that

No signings at centre half.
We lost our best centre mid,
We brought in an 18 year old kid up front.

How people thought we would bridge the big gap between us and the top 6 on that basis is delusional.

Most people still underestimating Gueye as a player . Really bizarre.

The proof for the none believers is already in the results from this season.

Most of us knew that was the `key' buy or sell of the summer and would have a big detrimental effect on our midfield.

Like when Lukaku went and was not remotely replaced. You simply cannot let yout bet players go and not replace them adequately and expect improvement,

I think there were about 2 of us that thought we would go backwards this season but it really is not hard to see why we thought that

No signings at centre half.
We lost our best centre mid,
We brought in an 18 year old kid up front.

How people thought we would bridge the big gap between us and the top 6 on that basis is delusional.

We werent a top 6 side with Gana
We arent a top 6 side without Gana

We havent gone backwards, we currently have 1 more point than last season.

So you admit we have the players available?

Which begs the question, why are you in here suggesting Brands has given him a terrible squad?

You cant have it both ways Dave.

You cant say Silva needs time, while not affording Brands any.

For the record I think they both need time, as I keep saying, we werent gonna turn into a top 6 side in 12months.

But the implication that we dont have a squad that should be able to beat Sheff Utd is quite laughable.
How does that follow from what I said?

He'll get the right performances eventually even from the players he has.

They're good enough to get into any team outside the elite (most) but not good enough to make the step up to best of the rest, never mind top 6.

How does that follow from what I said?

He'll get the right performances eventually even from the players he has.

They're good enough to get into any team outside the elite (most) but not good enough to make the step up to best of the rest, never mind top 6.

Finally we agree.

Everton are an 8th place side, the players we have are suitable.

No doubt held back by the amount of money wasted by Walsh/Koeman & the wages a chunk of deadwood are on.

But not bringing in the type of players the manager was saying at press conferences that he needed to work with as well, that is damning. Iwobi arguably could be the type of winger he wanted, but a proven & experienced striker and a CB were the 2 biggest needs, and he failed. That is now causing us big problems.

Brands either picked Silva or he didn’t. We may know soon enough if he did. If he’s Brands’ man then he’ll be safe, if he wasn’t then he’ll be out the door.

defo 100% Moshiri's pick... its just whether he was forced on brands or if he ratified it.

like you say I guess we'll find out shortly

We werent a top 6 side with Gana
We arent a top 6 side without Gana

We havent gone backwards, we currently have 1 more point than last season.
Who did we get those points against, though? And more importantly, who did we drop the points against we have dropped last season and this?

We're not at the panic stations some on here would like us to believe we are at but to paint the start of this season as anything other than very disappointing is disingenuous.

Who did we get those points against, though? And more importantly, who did we drop the points against we have dropped last season and this?

We're not at the panic stations some on here would like us to believe we are at but to paint the start of this season as anything other than very disappointing is disingenuous.

Its very, very disappointing, but currently people are just pushing agendas they started the season with :

We needed a CB, I even said that myself and was a bit peeved we didnt get 1
Selling Gana was a mistake, for me we sold him for a number of reasons, he was very good at what he did, but for me Delph and Gmblammo could have filled the void, our midfield has been ripped apart with injuries, forcing us to play Snides, not ideal
Not buying a proven Striker, I dont even know what proven Striker we could have bought
Kean isnt good enough to play

The Villa and Bournemouth games were disappointing, I still believe away games in this league are very hard, so I gave them a slight pass. But yesterday was just a joke.

We ended the game playing 2-2-6, the managers solution was to just keep throwing on attackers and taking off defenders.

Which brings me back to agendas, I have 1, im very pro-Brands, very pro-Moshiri, im not anti-Silva as such, so of course, like everybody with an agenda to push, which is all of us, I have bias.

For me the squad is far from perfect, it was never going to be after 12months. The CB situation is a concern, but I think Keane and Mina are decent players, not a million miles away from most of the CBs in the top 6, clearly a long way away from the very best, but we a middle of the pack team. We have 2 pretty key players injured atm, so the midfield will of course be a mess.

Up top DCL is still DCL and the 19 year old fella we bought is struggling, like most 19 years would tasked with leading the line at a Premier League club.

So no, the window wasnt a complete washout cos we never bought another CB, we signed some, IMO, good players who are struggling for form, a team struggling to gell. So I blame the fella whos job it is to mould them, to sort the tactics out, to make these, IMO, good players perform at a respectable level.

Do I blame Brands for the mess we are currently in? Not at all, I think hes built a squad more than capable of beating Sheff Utd at home, a squad that should at least put up a fight away at Villa and Bournemouth. Is the squad perfect? Far from it, it has holes in it, its not a squad im expecting to challenge the big boys and again, after 12months, im not at all shocked.

Do I want Silva sacked? Nope, not at all, its far to early, we have injuries, we have new players and sacking a manager this early in the season is far from ideal. If results dont change, well then thats a different convo, but for now he should be given time, a chance to show he can address the SLIGHT hole we find ourselves in.

So im far from happy, I know who I blame, due to my bias and the agenda Im compelled to push, but I do agree its not the darkness and rain others wish to push, but then thats their agenda.

Its very, very disappointing, but currently people are just pushing agendas they started the season with :

We needed a CB, I even said that myself and was a bit peeved we didnt get 1
Selling Gana was a mistake, for me we sold him for a number of reasons, he was very good at what he did, but for me Delph and Gmblammo could have filled the void, our midfield has been ripped apart with injuries, forcing us to play Snides, not ideal
Not buying a proven Striker, I dont even know what proven Striker we could have bought
Kean isnt good enough to play

The Villa and Bournemouth games were disappointing, I still believe away games in this league are very hard, so I gave them a slight pass. But yesterday was just a joke.

We ended the game playing 2-2-6, the managers solution was to just keep throwing on attackers and taking off defenders.

Which brings me back to agendas, I have 1, im very pro-Brands, very pro-Moshiri, im not anti-Silva as such, so of course, like everybody with an agenda to push, which is all of us, I have bias.

For me the squad is far from perfect, it was never going to be after 12months. The CB situation is a concern, but I think Keane and Mina are decent players, not a million miles away from most of the CBs in the top 6, clearly a long way away from the very best, but we a middle of the pack team. We have 2 pretty key players injured atm, so the midfield will of course be a mess.

Up top DCL is still DCL and the 19 year old fella we bought is struggling, like most 19 years would tasked with leading the line at a Premier League club.

So no, the window wasnt a complete washout cos we never bought another CB, we signed some, IMO, good players who are struggling for form, a team struggling to gell. So I blame the fella whos job it is to mould them, to sort the tactics out, to make these, IMO, good players perform at a respectable level.

Do I blame Brands for the mess we are currently in? Not at all, I think hes built a squad more than capable of beating Sheff Utd at home, a squad that should at least put up a fight away at Villa and Bournemouth. Is the squad perfect? Far from it, it has holes in it, its not a squad im expecting to challenge the big boys and again, after 12months, im not at all shocked.

Do I want Silva sacked? Nope, not at all, its far to early, we have injuries, we have new players and sacking a manager this early in the season is far from ideal. If results dont change, well then thats a different convo, but for now he should be given time, a chance to show he can address the SLIGHT hole we find ourselves in.

So im far from happy, I know who I blame, due to my bias and the agenda Im compelled to push, but I do agree its not the darkness and rain others wish to push, but then thats their agenda.
Fair enough. I'm not pro-Brands or pro-Silva but I have no specific beef with them either. That being said, Silva's recent "tactics" have been perplexing and the squad he has to work with is very unbalanced with limited options up top and at the back (not to mention the gaping whole Gana left), that's on Brands. That's not to say Silva can't get things going again or that the business Brands did was all bad but neither of those fellas are without fault in their preparations for this season. As you pointed out, there are players to return from injury that will help restore some shape to our team and, although I don't think January is the best time to buy players, I can't believe Brands isn't persuing a centre half for that window but as it stands we look like having another standard Everton season and we all know what happens when the rot takes hold at this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.