2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
These interviews after windows are quite clever. As far as I can see, the aim is to get fans onside with transfer policy and squad development. What it should mean is a more patient fanbase and less pressure on the players/manager during difficult moments.

That said, I think the most interesting part of the interview is not to spend on lower quality levels and to go with youth instead. This is a far more sustainable model than we've seen before and takes some balls to execute. It does require more patience from the fans though.

Some issues this summer over last certainly, but nobody and nothing is perfect.

I am impressed with Brands, he is operating to what seems a coherent plan and I'm more confident of our prospects over the next few years if he can continue as he has begun.

He is most certainly a very interesting and articulate man to listen to with a clear sense of purpose.

In this at least, the club seems to have chosen well.

Some issues this summer over last certainly, but nobody and nothing is perfect.

I am impressed with Brands, he is operating to what seems a coherent plan and I'm more confident of our prospects over the next few years if he can continue as he has begun.

He is most certainly a very interesting and articulate man to listen to with a clear sense of purpose.

In this at least, the club seems to have chosen well.

I agree, it also appears to me that Everton is a long term project and he is here to stay.

Gibson isn’t old enough to sign a pre-contract with another club in January. You have to be 23 to do that. It’s the same situation that Kean was in at Juve. Brands has the entire season to evaluate and offer a new deal if he hasn’t already.

Can someone bored at work please produce that same interview transcript but with Walsh instead of Brands.

Blah blah blah, ‘But okay’ it’s better to sign no CB than overpay. Blah blah, group chat about group chats about kids on loan. Nothing insightful really.

Apart from admitting a guy, he’s brought from Fleetwood, knows more about the premier league than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.