2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

For me Iwobi or AN Other winger became important as we only had Walcott as cover. So yes.. because Lookman left the signing of Iwobi became more important .. if Lookman was still around and considered good enough to play, we might not have Even gone for a winger..

Would you not say we replaced him with Iwobi?

Yea I would... sorry I’m clearly not very good at the English sentences.. comes from trying to be too succinct..

Point I was trying to make was a reason we went for another winger (adding to the numbers requirement ) was Lookman (a first team player) left.. but winger wasn’t an essential position as we exited last year..

Yea I would... sorry I’m clearly not very good at the English sentences.. comes from trying to be too succinct..

Point I was trying to make was a reason we went for another winger (adding to the numbers requirement ) was Lookman (a first team player) left.. but winger wasn’t an essential position as we exited last year..

It was.

Bernie, whilst full of magic, wasnt really "leaving a mark in games" and Walcott missed every single chance he had.

We needed a winger.

....the Gibson situation concerns me a little as he’s in the last year of his contract. If he’s highly thought of, i’m surprised his future has not been secured, although perhaps he’s been offered a new deal and is not signing it.

I’d like somebody to ask Brands if Gibson has been offered a new contract.

He’ll play in the Lincoln game, look decent, then sign a 5 year deal the same week.

Maybe..

Hes 19, so we will have defo offered him a new contract, cos even if he doesnt sign it we have to offer him a contract if we want compo if he leaves.

....”we will have deffo offered him a new contract, cos even if he doesn’t sign it we have to offer him a contract...”.

Will we have to have offered him a contract at this point? I’d have thought a contract offer has to be on the table before this one expires. Also, I think he cost £6m, I presume we will be entitled to compensation because of his age?

Status
Not open for further replies.