2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are trying to say that Richarlison was basically signed and sealed in May or earlier but was somehow only announced in mid July??
He's clearly a Silva signing whenever it was done though isn't he? He never shuts up about how great Silva is, and Silva clearly loves him. That's not said as a negative towards Brands in any way, he'd have still had to negotiate etc, just saying I can see where the posters coming from, surely we're not arguing that Brands identified someone who just happened to be the mangers favourite player anyway as a great signing for us? That would be pretty cultish, and would mean we have to accept that Walsh really wanted us to sign Stekelenburg, Martina etc. Not having that as likely sorry.

He's clearly a Silva signing whenever it was done though isn't he? He never shuts up about how great Silva is, and Silva clearly loves him. That's not said as a negative towards Brands in any way, he'd have still had to negotiate etc, just saying I can see where the posters coming from, surely we're not arguing that Brands identified someone who just happened to be the mangers favourite player anyway as a great signing for us? That would be pretty cultish, and would mean we have to accept that Walsh really wanted us to sign Stekelenburg, Martina etc. Not having that as likely sorry.

I reckon Silva’s involvement in the negotiations of the transfer probably went:

“Hi Marcel, I want Richarlison please”

And then that’s it. I don’t see how on earth the deal could’ve been done and dusted before Brands.

I reckon Silva’s involvement in the negotiations of the transfer probably went:

“Hi Marcel, I want Richarlison please”

And then that’s it.
Exactly, that's pretty much what I just said. Silva identified him and Richarlison wanted to come because of Silva, Brands negotiated with Watford and we got him. I think the poster was making the point that he doesn't see Richarlison as a Brands signing because he didn't identify him.

Exactly, that's pretty much what I just said. Silva identified him and Richarlison wanted to come because of Silva, Brands negotiated with Watford and we got him. I think the poster was making the point that he doesn't see Richarlison as a Brands signing because he didn't identify him.

That’s not what he said at all. He said “already sorted before Brands”.

I didn’t say he said it, I said I think it’s what he meant.

Even if he did then it still doesn’t make sense. Brands handled the negotiations and completed the transfer, so it was a Brands signing regardless of if he identified him.

If we’d left the negotiations to Steve Walsh we’d have probably ended up paying £70m for him on deadline day.

Even if he did then it still doesn’t make sense. Brands handled the negotiations and completed the transfer, so it was a Brands signing regardless of if he identified him.

If we’d left the negotiations to Steve Walsh we’d have probably ended up paying £70m for him on deadline day.
No I agree with you completely. I was just trying to clarify what I think he was saying not argue with you. He started by saying find us a goal scorer and someone said he already has, Richarlison. I think the point was that he didn’t find him, regardless of anything else.

Hes already sold Besic once, that deal broke down cos of greedy Agents, but no, he shouldnt have any problem at all in shifting him this Summer, ive seen nothing to suggest Holgate is even for sale, but again he would be a VERY easy transfer.
Lol.

The excuses rolled out for this feller are unreal.

He's sold Mori and Vlasic since being here. Full stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.