2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look I'm not really a fan of sticking my nose into "fights" that have nothing to do with me, but its been quite painful watching you defend your stance the last few pages. You are wrong mate.

If Joyce says something, it happened, now lets leave it here and marvel at Marcel Brands as he tops up his tan on a beach somewhere.

All a game of opinions; I'll stand by my view on how I feel the journo's are being briefed less since Brands came in. However, I agree this is the most boring discussion I've had on GOT this week so will leave Joyce alone.

Never once implied that. I've just never seen him announce anything now before anyone. Check the time/date of his tweets; there's always quite a few others around the same time and around the official tweets time.
That's what I just said? Him, King, Hunter, Bascombe. They are the crew, they always were. He was never on his own, he's one of a handful of journalists the club trusts and tells things. The conversation started with you saying that Joyce wasn't a good source when saying that something has happened at Everton (and, bizarrely, that everyone agreed with that), I would completely disagree with the first bit, and I think the responses you've got tell you all you need to know about the second.

All a game of opinions; I'll stand by my view on how I feel the journo's are being briefed less since Brands came in. However, I agree this is the most boring discussion I've had on GOT this week so will leave Joyce alone.

And I agree, there does really appear to be less info under Brands.

Things like the Gabriel deal going tits up will only enforce his view that things should be kept under wraps I suspect as well.

In the past we would see a transfer tweet out of the blue. When's the last time he dropped one re: us? And don't say Nkounkou because, as I said, lots of people tweeted that morning of 2nd July. Like he didn't even mention Dowell leaving till the Everton Twitter announced.

Relax pal, I'll leave your boy alone if it bothers you so.

I think that’s more how Brands runs things these days, than Joyce not being ITK. Nkounkou is a pretty good example given he’s our most recent signing.

Personally I’m not arsed about Joyce (a RS who loves to slate us), I just found it strange to discredit someone who is clearly one of the best Everton sources around.

And I agree, there does really appear to be less info under Brands.

Things like the Gabriel deal going tits up will only enforce his view that things should be kept under wraps I suspect as well.

This was really all I was trying to argue I probs just didn't explain properly. I'm happy with it myself as previously people would cling to those tweets and then piss all over themselves when something didn't happen. I mean when's the last time we had a proper embargo?

@Deco The bold bit is what I was ultimately talking about; not that Joyce is crap compared to other journos just the club keep things to themselves more.

Genuinely pathetic. Send this fella packing. He only has one more year left and shouldn’t be able to bring in players on 5 year+ deals long after we don’t renew his contract.

There's a lot to be questioning him about, granted.

I don't think trying to renegotiate a multi-million pound deal after a global pandemic has caused widespread disruption to every industry and cost millions of people their jobs, livelihoods and hundreds of thousands of deaths, is one of them, though.

It was most likely the restructuring of the fee etc. And it probably is a decision taken by the whole board to do that.

And, perhaps our priorities have changed since Feb?

Think about it. In Feb, we had Gomes to come back, we had Gbamin.

Now Gomes has been back and the evidence is that he may well need longer to recover from the injury and he definitely needs someone next to him in midfield who isn't Davies or Sigurdsson, or Schneiderlin who has of course gone.

Gbamin was coming back in Feb/March and then did his Achilles once training resumed in May/June.

So, perhaps instead of being willing to pay £20m (for example) up front to Lille, the club have realised that they need to prioritise another position, so they are now only willing to pay £15m (in this hypothetical scenario) up front, with the rest of the payments spread over two seasons?

It's not all cut and dry. I do think Brands has got plenty wrong. But we don't know the ins and outs of this at all - and there's far too much which has happened since March to be thinking it's all down to one person.

Also, as much as we all want the signings in and they're needed, it doesn't make one bit of difference whether they're in now or next week.

Until pre-season starts fully - which will be the week of the 15th, and 2-3 days of that is usually just testing and early conditioning work - it's irrelevant.

Also, as much as we all want the signings in and they're needed, it doesn't make one bit of difference whether they're in now or next week.

Until pre-season starts fully - which will be the week of the 15th, and 2-3 days of that is usually just testing and early conditioning work - it's irrelevant.

Big advantage to get players in by the end of this month though. October will be far too late.

Ee1E2fYWkAM--7p.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.