2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massive massive summer.

I think he's going to have to work the loan market well to get everything we need.

Possibly have to loan a right back, centre mid and winger to be able to sign Gabriel and a permanent central midfielder.

Important he gets people through the door early and give out ultimatums if he has to. Stop letting players/agents dictate like the Zouma saga last summer, "you want to sign for Everton, you have a few days to make your mind up, otherwise we move onto other targets."

Another team won a game.

Lets bump the Brands thread.

tenor.gif

The consequences of another bad summer for transfers are too grim to bear.

It would categorically make Brands position untenable in my opinion, a mere two years since he started.

I hope he can prove the doubters wrong, but either way the dial has shifted for him.

We do better/much better, and Ancelotti gets the credit.

We do the same or worse, and its on Brands. In no world can he ever claim Carlo as his appointee.

The consequences of another bad summer for transfers are too grim to bear.

It would categorically make Brands position untenable in my opinion, a mere two years since he started.

I hope he can prove the doubters wrong, but either way the dial has shifted for him.

We do better/much better, and Ancelotti gets the credit.

We do the same or worse, and its on Brands. In no world can he ever claim Carlo as his appointee.

Nope, cos he cant ever be given credit for anything.

This is the problem, unrealistic demands that then fester into him failing.

He bought 3 Midfielders last Summer, say what you want about them, but I don't see why he would buy another 2 this window.
It's folly to think that position doesn't need strengthening. If Carlo's going to stick with a 4-4-2, there are no midfielders we've seen on the team capable of doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.