Match Thread Manchester United v Everton - Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Look let's be real. Even the most die hard wasn't expecting much from the game. Most expected us to lose or at best get a draw. Dyche made changes early because he had to but like I said we need to change this. Harrison isn't good enough and McNeil had so many chances to put the ball away or play a decisive pass and couldn't. Actually like Gomes in midfield. Dobbo tried to look lively, and if DCL switched on could've had an open net to tap the ball into. If you look at his reaction, it's all "oooooou so close" - Haaland would've look around to see if there was an oppo to get another chance. Sigh. Who knows where they're taken them for this "break"? Hopefully Dubai - seemed to work wonders for Arsenal.
Yeah and we should expect better that team folded again today let down by the players again

This is the problem with xG
Oh yeah we were ‘expected’ to have scored because we’ve had loads of 0.05 chances so add him all up and one should’ve gone in…
That’s not how odds work
Yeah, xG is such a foolishly simplistic ideology to fall back on.

Dyche is doing it himself in press conferences - and drawing the wrong conclusions.

Underperforming it - as we are - is not a sign that we’re doing things right.

It’s precisely a sign that we’re doing things wrong.

He's never going to pick Danjuma. He'll never drop McNeil or Harrison for a sustained period.
We both know it my friend. I'm just saying that this is the only way I think we could stay up under this clown.

This side should be comfortably finishing between 12th and 15th in the league, yet Dyche has convinced everyone that he's the genius and it's just that we have terrible players. They're not great, but they're better than this.

He plays Godfrey knowing he can't go forward because he thinks he gives us defensive solidity, yet we have been crap defensively since he's been back in and he has been directly responsible for most of the goals conceded. Yet, won't play Patterson because he's 'not good defensively'. Surely anyone with a brain therefore plays Patterson knowing he may cost us a goal occasionally, but will also contribute up the other end, instead of Godfrey who screws us at both? Or split the difference and play Coleman?

Honestly, Dyche is one of the biggest morons I've seen in football. Really is.

Last edited:
Conceded two stupid penalties.

Dumb ass footy from the blues.

Need to starting bucking our ideas up and picking up some 3pts like pronto!